Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs
I took the plunge

Yael

Post Sat, Jan 13 2024, 6:48 pm
Testimonial from a happy mikvah user:

If you’re a regular on Imamother, you’ve probably noticed the ads for The Mikvah.

I noticed them, too – and decided to try it out.

At first, I hesitated. Drive 30 minutes to a mikvah when I had one close by?

But those ads kept catching my eye. Spa-like atmosphere? Indoor parking? Sensitive attendants? Immaculate surroundings? I wanted a mikvah experience like that!

So I went – and never looked back.

Going to The Mikvah has changed everything for me. Instead of the anxiety and stress I used to feel before going to mikvah, I find myself looking forward to the special time that I have to myself as I prepare for and fulfill this foundational mitzvah.

The preparation rooms are spotless – and gorgeous, too. I enjoy choosing my own background music, and I appreciate that the attendants respectfully and sensitively offer to assist or check if I need their help. After spending each day giving to everyone around me, I love being able to tune inward and focus on my own thoughts in such a calm and uplifting setting.

The Mikvah is everything it promises, and more. If you’ve been debating whether to try it out for yourself, trust me – it’s worth the drive.

Here’s the link to their website, with everything you’ll want to know before you go:
Themikvah.info

Find mikvah to be challenging? You’re not alone. Join The Mikvah’s Instagram community for tips, insights and inspiration: instagram.com/themikvah

Sponsored Post

teachkids

Post Sat, Jan 13 2024, 6:51 pm
Curious. Is that actually true, or is that the text of the ad...

cnc

Post Sat, Jan 13 2024, 7:06 pm
teachkids wrote:

I can testify that I know people that will drive close to an hour to use this Mikvah. (And they do have others within a few minutes away from them.)

bp1234

Post Sat, Jan 13 2024, 7:07 pm
Love the pun!

giftedmom

Post Sat, Jan 13 2024, 7:16 pm
I’m intrigued! Especially by the minimal human interaction involved.

ponderinglife

Post Sat, Jan 13 2024, 7:20 pm
teachkids wrote:

My friend drives from Monsey every time, she told me she noticed they recently copied the feedback card she left and put it on their instagram https://www.instagram.com/p/C1xqsAlt8cj/ so it definitely seems all that they post is actual women's experiences.

mom2dkay

Post Sun, Jan 14 2024, 12:20 am
Ugh.
Why I am so turned off by every mitzva turning into a business ( plus ads and Instagram)

groisamomma

Post Sun, Jan 14 2024, 12:43 am
mom2dkay wrote:
Ugh.
Why I am so turned off by every mitzva turning into a business ( plus ads and Instagram)

It doesn't strike me as a business venture, but more like a way to make it pleasant for women that struggle with this mitzva.

(Disclaimer: I don't have Instagram so I didn't see their ad there.)

gr82no

Post Sun, Jan 14 2024, 12:45 am
mom2dkay wrote:
Ugh.

Don't think it's a business. Think about what it costs to maintain such a mikva. Also they are trying to help people who have a hard time with the mitzva to make it beautiful.

Why do you need to look at the negative ?

cnc

Post Sun, Jan 14 2024, 2:11 am
mom2dkay wrote:
Ugh.

Not a business.
Trying to educate people about the mitzvah and trying to appeal to women that don't keep this mitzvah.

BatyaEsther

Post Sun, Jan 14 2024, 2:36 am
I believe (but could be mistaken) that it is a Chabad Mikva.
Hiddur mitzva, making mitzvot appealingly, and drawing people to Hashem, b’simcha, is just how things are done. As a Chabad Mikva I don’t imagine for one minute that it is a money making business with someone making bank off of it. In other communities I might believe that, but not here based on what I have seen as the true attitude and mentality which permeates the community.
Tizku l’mitzvot.

No, I am not Chabad. But every experience and interaction I have had with Chabad reinforces such.

caffeine99

Post Sun, Jan 14 2024, 8:09 am
After birth I ended up having the opportunity to use this mikvah. I'm from OOT and happened to be in CH for two nights alone with my newborn and DH for other reasons.

The price was only $36 for a regular room and possibly extra time...don't remember if I paid more for that it was a year and half ago.

It was a phenomenal experience!!! I would want try to time another mikvah/CH trip to overlap!!

I'm pregnant again and if possible I want to use this mikvah again PP. It was a beautiful experience that left me feeling beautiful inside.

My Best Self

Post Sun, Jan 14 2024, 10:08 am
It does say it's a sponsored post. But as a regular user of The Mikvah, I will say I agree with everything. Its a beautiful experience that I have actually started looking forward to. With all the "extras" that they provide and large staff (its not immaculate and well run by coincidence), it makes sense that they want to advertise and make sure their rooms are in use so that they can cover their budget. The Mikvah has made this mitzvah enjoyable for me.

lamplighter

Post Sun, Jan 14 2024, 10:25 am
I don't think this is a business. How on earth would a mikvah make money?

ponderinglife

Post Sun, Jan 14 2024, 11:09 am
mom2dkay wrote:
Ugh.

Hmmm how do you reach the conclusion that this is a business?

Last I checked, a business is: a service or product that you sell which you earn a profit from because cost is much lower than what you can charge.

Do you really think a woman's mikvah drives profits? I heard this place cost tens of millions to build, was done by a quiet humble family who heard women were not going to mikvah due to upsetting experiences, and they sacrificed everything to create a solution. If they have all these high standards how can your small fee even cover basic operating costs? We can all do the math and realize it can't possibly cover costs. I don't believe there's any mikvah anywhere that profits off a woman's experience, let's not be so quick to judge and make assumptions...

MrsDash

Post Sun, Jan 14 2024, 6:48 pm
bp1234 wrote:
Love the pun!

Didn't realize the pun until I saw your reply Can't Believe It Im with stupid

oyoyoy

Post Sun, Jan 14 2024, 7:33 pm
Does anyone know if you can use this mikvah halachically even if not chabad? Meaning I think there are differences with the Boros etc than a litvish mikvah. Would love to try it out if it halachically it suffices.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics