Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Anger management

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 20 2024, 9:21 am
Is there someone in Brooklyn I can send a teenager too? Very chasidish. Needs anger management help asap
Is there a book I can give her to read in the interim? Till I find somebody or till things get rolling?

Odelyah

Post Tue, Feb 20 2024, 11:02 am
amother OP wrote:
Is there someone in Brooklyn I can send a teenager too? Very chasidish. Needs anger management help asap
Is there a book I can give her to read in the interim? Till I find somebody or till things get rolling?

What is she angry about? Is that being validated and addressed?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 20 2024, 2:05 pm
Odelyah wrote:
What is she angry about? Is that being validated and addressed?

Nothing in particular. Anything that goes a drop out the way she didn't plan she goes into a raging anger. Throwing items, breaking items, hurting people etc. This morning it was about money she needed for school. I forgot to take money out of the bank. I offered to go with her to the bank. It meant being late for school. I told her I'll call into school. If a parent calls into school it's an excused late and they don't get penalized. She was in my bedroom and started throwing things off my dresser. 2 things broke.
She's the type that must have a very rigid schedule. She's very harsh on herself with her schedule. If it's a drop off she gets out of control. She's 15 going on 16. She must get help.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Tue, Feb 20 2024, 3:26 pm
Heard of the followings DBT therapists
Malka Akhenblit
Shira Gholian
I don’t have personal experience but I’m also struggling with an angry teen. I feel for you.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 20 2024, 3:41 pm
amother Lawngreen wrote:
Heard of the followings DBT therapists
Malka Akhenblit
Shira Gholian
I don’t have personal experience but I’m also struggling with an angry teen. I feel for you.

What are you doing about it?? There's nust be some solution. I'm soooo lost

amother
Lawngreen

Post Tue, Feb 20 2024, 4:52 pm
Same. I’m doing somatic therapy and parenting advice. And crying my eyes out to Hashem. It is so so hard.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics