Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Bloody bubble under tooth

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 20 2024, 3:45 pm
The past couple of nights when I brushed dd5's teeth she spit out blood. Tonight I looked in her mouth before brushing and there was a big bubble under one of her molars. I touched it and it started bleeding. She said it didn't hurt her before I touched it nor did it hurt her after I touched and it was bleeding.

This dd had the same thing with the tooth right next to this one about a year ago. That tooth was hurting her though and needed a crown so dd had to be on antibiotics for a week for the swelling to go down so she could get the crown. But this one isn't hurting...

I did some googling and that said a blood blister on the gums doesn't need treatment unless it doesn't heal or has pus coming out. Anyone experience this and it went away on its own? I don't know if this is a blood blister or something else. It's big, like the size of my front tooth, which is way bigger than dd's teeth. Do I need to take her into the dentist? Should I wait and see what happens? Would love to hear about anyone's experience.

Orangehead

Post Tue, Feb 20 2024, 3:48 pm
Sounds like it could be a tooth abscess. Call your dentist

Elfrida

Post Tue, Feb 20 2024, 4:02 pm
Can you send your dentist a picture and ask what he thinks?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 20 2024, 4:27 pm
Orangehead wrote:
Sounds like it could be a tooth abscess. Call your dentist

I googled that. She has blood inside instead of pus and claims to not be in any pain. Can it still be an abscess?

tweety1

Post Tue, Feb 20 2024, 7:53 pm
amother OP wrote:
I googled that. She has blood inside instead of pus and claims to not be in any pain. Can it still be an abscess?

Sounds like what dd had a few years ago. It was an infection. Was treated with antibiotics. Came right back. Tooth was pulled. Dr showed dh the tooth. The infection ate up the tooth completely inside. After that it never came back.

SingALong

Post Tue, Feb 20 2024, 9:20 pm
My dd had a bubble under her tooth. It was an abscess. The tooth had to be pulled and she needed to be on antibiotics.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 21 2024, 1:09 am
For those that had the tooth pulled and antibiotics- were the kids not in pain? That's the strange part for me. She had this before, and she was in a lot of pain. Now she's not. But even when the blood comes out she's not in pain, so maybe the nerves are shot?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 3:14 am
Well you guys win and I'm so glad I took her! Dentist took an x-ray and showed me how the bacteria ate up the whole root. Pretty crazy! She's on antibiotics and the tooth will be pulled in a few days. Thanks again everyone!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics