Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Sorry to burst your bubble
Previous  1  2

giftedmom

Post Tue, Feb 27 2024, 11:27 am
peace2 wrote:
Not for everyone. Food has addictive qualities to it. Some people eat poorly because of bad habits or because they weren't exposed to healthy food choices from a young age

Addicts are trying to fill a void

amother
Tulip

Post Tue, Feb 27 2024, 11:33 am
amother Moccasin wrote:

And I am not sure what "crutch" you are referring to....

If it's weight loss meds, I don't consider them a crutch. I consider them a tool people can use to help themselves lose weight when nothing else works. It's a lifesaver for people who need it.

A crutch is a tool.

amother
Moccasin

Post Tue, Feb 27 2024, 11:39 am
amother Tulip wrote:
A crutch is a tool.

Crutch has pretty negative connotations.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 27 2024, 12:43 pm
[quote="[url=https://www.imamother.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=7494408#7494408][b][color=black]amother]

I would love to hear the background that triggered this post.

[/quote]

I have significant weight to lose.
Was discussing last week with a friend. We reviewed all the people both of us know and what they did, how long they kept weight off.
All the people we know who kept it off 10+ years had in common that they really permanently changed their habits whether they used a tool or not. Crutch because of our observational findings.

We know how we feel every time each of us tried something new and hope giving.

We've both seen the sleeve as the longest lasting weight loss get all gained again, close to 10 years. Bands lasted 3-5 years, some older dangerous supplements shorter, diets of high protein also mid range lasting. We counted very few who kept it off forever. And then looked what they did.

So why all the guilt and yoyo and making ourselves feel bad?

And then I saw the post that someone said they can't afford to lose weight. So really people can lose weight for free because there is no help to be had that will change habits for someone, its hard emotional work and nothing else helps.

I mean for me I am so tired of up and down, its mental torture. So unless I really go for it, I got to stop guilting myself and driving myself crazy.

It didn't matter if they lost weight in a healthier way or junkier way. It only mattered that they decided that they are never going back to eating like before. Like ever.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise