Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Munkatch school
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6

amother
Azure

Post Thu, Jul 23 2020, 3:40 pm
amother [ Pumpkin ] wrote:
I am very comfortable in the chassidishe school my dd's are in. no I wouldnt feel comfortable in all but thats why there are differences.

Same here.
When I was waiting, weeks upon weeks, for an answer from schools, besides that I get accepted, I also prayed very hard that my kids and myself should feel comfortable wherever we end up sending.

My prayers definitely paid off. Bh

amother
Pumpkin

Post Thu, Jul 23 2020, 3:41 pm
amother [ Coffee ] wrote:
I thought she was quite on target. Where was she wrong?

I mentioned it earlier in the thread, bsm and bais rochel are neutral schools but they are not chassidish schools. many chassidish ppl send there but the school is not a chassidish school.

BSM is not impossible to get into.

If she thinks BDY is too free for her, she should send to a plain jane chassidish school like pupa or viznitz. bdy is literally made up of ppl who went to those schools and dont want to send there (or werent accepted there because gasp they drive).

she said if you dont go covered you're called cool chassidish in monsey. she couldn't be more wrong. if anything it's neutral chassidish, not cool at all. of course if your whole family wears a hat and you decide to take it off, you'll be labeled cool but not becasue the actual uncovered sheitel is cool.

way earlier in the thread she compared vien to satmar bp and thats totally off target imo.

amother
Azure

Post Thu, Jul 23 2020, 3:42 pm
chocolate and purple idk where in monsey you live and whom you associate with. most of my friends (bais rochel graduates mostly, some bsm) dont go covered and are plain regular chassidish, some drive, some don't. they're not cool at all. they're plain neutral mainstream, some belong to specific chassidus like ger, vien, stolin, rachmastrivk, boyan, and some don't.

But if you're satmar, pupa, belz, viznitz and you drive and wear ucnovered sheitel then you might be considered cool. it's all about where you come from and wehre you're going.

it's all about where you come from and wehre you're going.

This very much!

amother
Coffee

Post Thu, Jul 23 2020, 3:43 pm
I mentioned it earlier in the thread, bsm and bais rochel are neutral schools but they are not chassidish schools. many chassidish ppl send there but the school is not a chassidish school.

BSM is not impossible to get into.

If she thinks BDY is too free for her, she should send to a plain jane chassidish school like pupa or viznitz. bdy is literally made up of ppl who went to those schools and dont want to send there (or werent accepted there because gasp they drive).

she said if you dont go covered you're called cool chassidish in monsey. she couldn't be more wrong. if anything it's neutral chassidish, not cool at all. of course if your whole family wears a hat and you decide to take it off, you'll be labeled cool but not becasue the actual uncovered sheitel is cool.

way earlier in the thread she compared vien to satmar bp and thats totally off target imo.

Oh I only referred to her last post. Got it.
Page 6 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6 Recent Topics