Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Who remembers?
  Previous  1  2  3 6  7  8 12  13  14  Next

momsrus

Post Tue, Aug 01 2023, 9:00 pm
amother cornflower wrote:
Who remembers in bp nosheria where mostly music is now? I was a kid when they closed but I remember they had good food!
Also Rivky’s art workshop, gal paz, nature walk shoes, greens pizza.

I believe nosheria was by the lingerie shop.

Queen Of Hearts

Post Tue, Aug 01 2023, 9:07 pm
kenz wrote:
Um, Cafe K is not old.
How about the Donut Man??

Not old, but Cafe K closed down a few years ago.
Miss the Donut Man, too. Those pom pom donuts...😋

Queen Of Hearts

Post Tue, Aug 01 2023, 9:09 pm
Is Elanit still around?

amother
Peru

Post Tue, Aug 01 2023, 9:16 pm
What was the name of the store that used to be where pomegranate is. Was it Kosher Discount?

clowny

Post Tue, Aug 01 2023, 9:19 pm
amother Apricot wrote:
Penina She is still there....
Who else got their short bob cut by Noami 2nd floor on 13th ave?

Yess!! Meee!! Naomi.
You bet it was a short bob!!

amother
Beige

Post Tue, Aug 01 2023, 9:27 pm
amother Dandelion wrote:
Yes! Jamesway, Odd Job, kosher Experience, Dots, J2 was a little counter with stools and counter with food, Klein's shoephisticate, Muellers kid clothing store...

Klein’s shoe store in their basement… before shoephisticate days. Pre J2, there was gelbsteins (now Pizza Plus), with no sit down. My earliest memories of the Co-op was when it was in the irv, but I know it was somewhere else before that (Yeshiva apt maybe?).

For the real lakewooders here, who remembers Bursztyn’s clothing store! And the Cheder malls, and Wainbrand’s….

amother
Babyblue

Post Tue, Aug 01 2023, 9:57 pm
amother Beige wrote:
Klein’s shoe store in their basement… before shoephisticate days. Pre J2, there was gelbsteins (now Pizza Plus), with no sit down. My earliest memories of the Co-op was when it was in the irv, but I know it was somewhere else before that (Yeshiva apt maybe?).

For the real lakewooders here, who remembers Bursztyn’s clothing store! And the Cheder malls, and Wainbrand’s….

Yes I miss odd job!! Was my favorite store lol! the cheder mall yes lol and it was always packed! Something to do on a motzei shabbos was rare in those days…

amother
Dandelion

Post Tue, Aug 01 2023, 9:59 pm
amother Beige wrote:

I remember bursztyn's! I think wainbrand still sells out of yeshiva apartments.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Tue, Aug 01 2023, 10:00 pm
Highstrung wrote:
Omg! You brought me back such good memories.
My grandmother came from Mass. to visit and took us to Weiss’s restaurant. It was our first restaurant experience and my mother was terrified that we’d make noise and disturb the ambience . I remember sitting in silence and taking it all in . I felt like a Queen in a castle .

Also , my older brother when he was around 11 12 worked at Liebers candy store after school for a few hours . They paid him in candy . We always looked forward to his “paycheck” every Thursday . He brought home the damaged goods that couldn’t be sold . Like a box of sour balls that came in bulk but were all squashed together or sweet coated peanuts that were all stuck together . Thanks for making me smile with these memories .

Was Weiss' restaurant the one with the colorful waterfalls inside? I seem to have this vague memory of a restaurant like that and for some reason I thought it was called Weiss'.

amother
Teal

Post Tue, Aug 01 2023, 10:03 pm
amother Hawthorn wrote:
The bowling alley I remember was across the street from the old Pathmark on Rt 59, upstairs in this old building...anyone remember?

I remember going with my sister and her friend, the night before sister's wedding! Just for a little chill.....and then eating out in this "fancy" new restaurant, I think it was located in this little building in the Pathmark parking lot that had originally been maybe a McDonalds but went Kosher. I have no recollection of what it was called, it probably didn't last so long anyway. I remember my sister ordered a side of fries, and her plate came with like, 3 fries on the side.

Aaah, those were the days......

We used to go bowling there it’s where Hamaspik is now. The Burger King became kosher-kind David’s or Kinor Dovid before kosher castle. The path mark also had a rickles hardware.

amother
Teal

Post Tue, Aug 01 2023, 10:07 pm
amother Mocha wrote:
On another note whenever we use to come to monsey we went to a delicious pizza store. I think it was Jerusalem maybe? Where was it located? Owner was so nice he would surprise us with free ice cream at the end

Jerusalem pizza next to monsey glatt, Mr Greenbaum owned it, always gave the kids free ice cream, his twin brother owns the pharmacy.

mybest

Post Tue, Aug 01 2023, 10:09 pm
Fixlers dress shop. Is it still around?

amother
Ultramarine

Post Tue, Aug 01 2023, 10:10 pm
mybest wrote:

Ha omg. Those suits!

amother
NeonBlue

Post Tue, Aug 01 2023, 10:19 pm
mybest wrote:

If you mean the one in Williamsburg yes its still around

amother
Glitter

Post Tue, Aug 01 2023, 10:31 pm
amother Dandelion wrote:
Yes! Jamesway, Odd Job, kosher Experience, Dots, J2 was a little counter with stools and counter with food, Klein's shoephisticate, Muellers kid clothing store...

OMG you have goooood memory!!

What was dots though?

Who remembers where Shoprite used to be? (Before GG plaza??) My sister just reminded me and I'm like wow I'm ancient

amother
Cerulean

Post Tue, Aug 01 2023, 10:34 pm
monsey

who remembers the high ranches
lol most turned into huge complexes or townhouse

amother
Beige

Post Tue, Aug 01 2023, 10:34 pm
amother Glitter wrote:
OMG you have goooood memory!!

What was dots though?

Who remembers where Shoprite used to be? (Before GG plaza??) My sister just reminded me and I'm like wow I'm ancient

Oh man, it’s at the edge of my memory and I can’t grasp it! As soon as you say, I’ll know it’s right!

BusyMama1

Post Tue, Aug 01 2023, 10:44 pm
amother Beige wrote:
Oh man, it’s at the edge of my memory and I can’t grasp it! As soon as you say, I’ll know it’s right!

Was it where Shloimy's is?
I feel like it was near there...

amother
Apricot

Post Tue, Aug 01 2023, 10:48 pm
Flaums ? Was that the name? basement full of cloth run by daughter and her father?
Sylvia shoe store before he expanded...
the original Headlines with all the hats in the back...

amother
Midnight

Post Tue, Aug 01 2023, 10:48 pm
BusyMama1 wrote:
Was it where Shloimy's is?
I feel like it was near there...

Yes. With crawling lobsters in the back. That was always fun to watch.

Jamesway was behind there, where chemed is now.
Page 7 of 14   Previous  1  2  3 6  7  8 12  13  14  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating