Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
S/o stuff you misunderstood as a little kid
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9

Debbie

Post Fri, May 17 2024, 5:54 am
amother Mistyrose wrote:
I had a crocodile living under my bed, so I had to bend over and look under the bed before getting out of it to make sure it wasn't about to eat my feet!

This reminds me of one of my favourite silly jokes; 'What's the difference between an alligator and a crocodile?
The alligator will see you later, and the crocodile will see you in a while!'

amother
Mistyrose

Post Fri, May 17 2024, 5:55 am
Debbie wrote:
This reminds me of one of my favourite silly jokes; 'What's the difference between an alligator and a crocodile?
The alligator will see you later, and the crocodile will see you in a while!'

I was going to add that it may have been an alligator, but I don't know how to tell them apart!

Debbie

Post Fri, May 17 2024, 5:58 am
amother Mistyrose wrote:
I was going to add that it may have been an alligator, but I don't know how to tell them apart!

Well now you know! 😃

kenz

Post Fri, May 17 2024, 6:29 am
amother Linen wrote:
You know those tags attached to furniture and mattresses that said “do not detach under penalty of law”? My mother told me that when she was a kid she thought that if you cut or ripped one off the police would come and arrest you!

Me too!

amother
Linen

Post Fri, May 17 2024, 7:07 am
amother Mistyrose wrote:
I had a crocodile living under my bed, so I had to bend over and look under the bed before getting out of it to make sure it wasn't about to eat my feet!

I used to be scared a shark would come out of my shower head! I was sooo scared of sharks.

amother
Charcoal

Post Fri, May 17 2024, 7:29 am
amother Linen wrote:
I used to be scared a shark would come out of my shower head! I was sooo scared of sharks.

I was terrified Voldemort would come out of mine!

BH Yom Yom

Post Fri, May 17 2024, 7:49 am
When I was little I couldn’t understand what people meant when they said, “Rabbi X married us.” If the husband/wife were already married to each other, how could they also be married to the rabbi?

I think I might have decided that it was okay since men are allowed multiple wives (how the actual husband fit in, I have no idea).

I was convinced that the word “wholly” was pronounced “wall-y.”

amother
Buttercup

Post Fri, May 17 2024, 7:58 am
Debbie wrote:
When I was growing up my parents had a TV,and I thought that when we switched it off at night all the people came out the back of the set!
Also, my mum used to say that she had eyes in the back of her head, and I remember examining her head, but I never saw those eyes.
Finally, am I the only one who would look under the bed before getting in, to make sure no one was hiding there?

Under the bed, in the closet, in the shower.. no limit to where someone was just waiting for me to let my guard down before attacking.

amother
Cyan

Post Fri, May 17 2024, 8:06 am
Comptroller wrote:
I understand you. I would watch a series "my uncle from Mars" who would move things around pointing at them with his finger. I would have loved to have this capacity.

Plus I would have loved being so small that I can sleep in a matchbox, inspired by E. Kaestner's novel The Little Man.

There were quite a few times in my childhood that I placed my arms across each other, closed my eyes and blinked really hard, convinced that if I concentrated hard enough I could make impossible by things happen, just like Genie in "I dream of Genie, " who I thought was the most beautiful creature on the planet.

Needless to say, I was always disappointed.
Page 9 of 9   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 Recent Topics