Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Shabbos and Supper menus
Whats For Supper Tonight-Honest!
  Previous  1  2  3 81  82  83 120  121  122  Next

Amalia

Post Mon, Sep 09 2019, 3:45 pm
mha3484 wrote:
This is the best chicken and rice ever. https://cookingwithtantrums.co.....rice/

Thank you for the link!

I feel like a kid saying this but I really don’t like mayonnaise. Perhaps I will try it anyway.

mha3484

Post Mon, Sep 09 2019, 3:46 pm
I dont either but it makes the rice soooooo creamy and delicious. I cant explain it.

ra_mom

Post Mon, Sep 09 2019, 3:55 pm
Amalia wrote:
I would like to experiment with both.

Thank you!

1 cup white rice, 2 cups water, 3/4 tsp salt on bottom.
Very generously season bone-in, skin-on chicken on all surfaces including under the skin with salt, onion & garlic powders. Sprinkle paprika over skin. Place seasoned hicken pieces over rice in pan.
Bake covered at 375 for 1 hour. Uncover and continue baking for 20 minutes or until all water absorbed.

For brown rice you have to refrigerate the rice, water & salt overnight so it soaks, otherwise it takes too long to bake under the chicken. Also add a crushed garlic clove.
Then season chicken bake the same way but it will take 40 minutes uncovered until all liquid absorbed.

Last edited by ra_mom on Mon, Sep 09 2019, 3:59 pm; edited 2 times in total

Amalia

Post Mon, Sep 09 2019, 3:57 pm
mha3484 wrote:
I dont either but it makes the rice soooooo creamy and delicious. I cant explain it.

The blog author says it, too. Interesting. Thank you!

Amalia

Post Mon, Sep 09 2019, 3:57 pm
ra_mom wrote:
1 cup white rice, 2 cups water, 3/4 tsp salt on bottom.
Very generously season bone-in, skin-on chicken on all surfaces including under the skin with salt, onion & garlic powders. Sprinkle paprika over skin.
Bake covered at 375 for 1 hour. Uncover for 20 minutes or until all water absorbed.

For brown rice you have to refrigerate the rice, water & salt overnight otherwise it takes too long to bake under the chicken. Also add a clove of garlic.
Then bake the same way but it will take 40 minutes uncovered until all liquid absorbed.

Thank you so much!

ra_mom

Post Mon, Sep 09 2019, 3:58 pm
Amalia wrote:
Thank you so much!

Enjoy it!

Rutabaga

Post Mon, Sep 09 2019, 3:59 pm
Really easy one pan chicken and rice:

Preheat oven to 350°F. Dice an onion and sprinkle it around the bottom of the pan. Place bone in chicken thighs and/or drumsticks on top skin side up (I remove the skins first). Season well with salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, and paprika. Measure 1 cup of white rice and pour it around the chicken pieces. Measure 1/4 cup ketchup in a 2 cup measuring cup, add same spices as before and mix. Then add enough boiling water to the ketchup to reach 2 cups. Mix well and pour over the rice. Cover pan tightly and place directly in the oven. Bake for at least an hour and 15 minutes and then check to see if chicken is done and water is absorbed.

Rutabaga

Post Mon, Sep 09 2019, 4:01 pm
Tonight is Shabbos leftovers. Last night we had creamy polenta with a choice of veggie toppings and goat cheese.

pizza4

Post Mon, Sep 09 2019, 5:02 pm
Yesterday- baked ziti just cuz I became in the mood though I usually save that for a Thursday supper, and baked sweet potatoes
Today- shabbos leftovers and Frank's and potatoes

mha3484

Post Mon, Sep 09 2019, 5:08 pm
Last night was homemade orange chicken with a mix of white and cauliflower rice.

Tonight is Moroccan fish cakes with roasted veggies and a carb to be determined.

Beingreal

Post Mon, Sep 09 2019, 5:12 pm
Sunday-leftovers
Monday-veggie soup and lasagna
Tuesday-Chicken sandwhiches and whatever leftovers are left
Wednesday-Fish sticks and pizza
Thursday night-Eggs and French fries

allthingsblue

Post Mon, Sep 09 2019, 5:15 pm
Roasted chicken
Roasted potatoes
Roasted acorn squash

smile12345

Post Mon, Sep 09 2019, 5:26 pm
mha3484 wrote:
Last night was homemade orange chicken with a mix of white and cauliflower rice.

Tonight is Moroccan fish cakes with roasted veggies and a carb to be determined.

How do you make the mix of rice?

mha3484

Post Mon, Sep 09 2019, 5:34 pm
I didnt have enough white rice so I cooked what I had as per the instructions and mixed in a bag of frozen cauliflower rice until it was all heated through. I didnt want it super flavorful since the sauce of the chicken had a lot of flavor.

dankbar

Post Mon, Sep 09 2019, 5:48 pm
Yesterday shabbos lefovers:
chopped liver/eggs/veg
potato salad/gala
Added pastrami sandwiches
kugels
baked sweet potato
baked apple

dankbar

Post Mon, Sep 09 2019, 5:51 pm
Today
ww bread with spinach
ground meat in tacos, with toppings of avocado, veg & corn

Marathon

Post Mon, Sep 09 2019, 6:00 pm
Terra Chip chicken with sesame broccoli

ra_mom

Post Mon, Sep 09 2019, 6:39 pm
whole roaster chicken, steamed broccoli and linguine

smile12345

Post Mon, Sep 09 2019, 6:41 pm
ra_mom wrote:
whole roaster chicken, steamed broccoli and linguine

How do you steam the brocolli? What flavoring do you add to it?

Thanks!

ra_mom

Post Mon, Sep 09 2019, 7:08 pm
smile12345 wrote:
How do you steam the brocolli? What flavoring do you add to it?

Thanks!

I pour a frozen bag of florets in a pan, cover and the wetness from the still frozen vegetables is enough to "steam" it. Then sprinkle with coarse kosher salt and serve hot.
Page 82 of 122   Previous  1  2  3 81  82  83 120  121  122  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Shabbos and Supper menus