Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Who wants to start a diet together with me?
  Previous  1  2  3 9  10  11 15  16  17  Next

amother
Offwhite

Post Wed, Nov 17 2021, 3:41 am
I didn't get a chance to post yesterday, and honestly I'm having second thoughts about continuing in this thread now. Sad

Yesterday I had 2 coffees with half and half

Salad for lunch (lettuce with cheese, olives, lox, olive oil)

Dinner was baked salmon and veggies.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 17 2021, 6:40 am
Reality wrote:
Yup. You know these threads attract a certain crowd....

Very rude!

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 17 2021, 6:42 am
amother [ Offwhite ] wrote:
I didn't get a chance to post yesterday, and honestly I'm having second thoughts about continuing in this thread now. Sad

Yesterday I had 2 coffees with half and half

Salad for lunch (lettuce with cheese, olives, lox, olive oil)

Dinner was baked salmon and veggies.

Don’t let rude posters discourage you this easily.
People get jealous when others get their health and weight under control so they find something negative to say.
You’re doing good, keep going!

amother
Offwhite

Post Wed, Nov 17 2021, 7:25 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
People get jealous when others get their health and weight under control so they find something negative to say.

Thank you, OP. I really appreciate your support.

amother
Tiffanyblue

Post Wed, Nov 17 2021, 9:15 am
Today I still had stomach issues, so I had rice and meat (chicken) balls for lunch and supper and I drank some Coke. I am posting it, so that I can track myself and not as an example of healthfull eating.
I have always prefered wholeweat products, but whenever my stomach acts up I have to resort to white. And although I love fruit I have to limit it for the same reason.

amother
Peony

Post Wed, Nov 17 2021, 9:39 am
Still going strong on the diet fantasy, and just extended it for a month.
Down 7 lbs so far.

amother
Vanilla

Post Wed, Nov 17 2021, 10:35 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

You can't win on this site, no matter how you eat. I was admonished on another thread for letting my normal size healthy-weight kids eat more than one egg at a time. Many of us do not eat perfectly spaced out even meals and snacks with the same amount of nutrition each day. Some days or meals may be lighter, other days or meals may be heavier. As long as the amounts of calories and nutrients average out to appropriate amounts over time and the person gets to eat when they are hungry, it is usually fine. Unless someone has a special medical need to eat small, evenly spaced meals.

amother
Sage

Post Wed, Nov 17 2021, 7:36 pm
amother [ Tiffanyblue ] wrote:
Today I still had stomach issues, so I had rice and meat (chicken) balls for lunch and supper and I drank some Coke. I am posting it, so that I can track myself and not as an example of healthfull eating.
I have always prefered wholeweat products, but whenever my stomach acts up I have to resort to white. And although I love fruit I have to limit it for the same reason.

Sorry to hear you're not feeling well! Good for you for listening to your gut (Smile) and taking care of yourself. When you feel good again, we'll be excited to hear about how you're day went.
Feel better!

amother
Sage

Post Wed, Nov 17 2021, 7:38 pm
Bkfst: cereal and milk, herbal tea
Lunch: ww sourdough bread, butter. Scrambled eggs with cheese, tomato, avocado. 1/2 coffee. Tomato soup
Snack: apple and peanut butter
Supper: salmon, farro
Snack: 3 medjool dates

Treat of the day: Caramel in coffee

Chana Miriam S

Post Wed, Nov 17 2021, 10:26 pm
amother [ Offwhite ] wrote:
I know. It was an aberration and was unplanned.

I appreciate you mentioning this.

I’m glad to hear! I always worry about what consistent undereating does to us after having experiences with it over 45 years. To me, sustainable is everything.

Reality

Post Wed, Nov 17 2021, 10:36 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Very rude!

I was not being rude. I've been on imamother for many years. I am not jealous of anyone. I eat healthfully and exercise. I'm just being truthful. I've seen countless threads like this. They always attract people who have varied levels of disordered eating.

If this thread is working for you, fine. But you're not listing every morsel you are eating in a day.

We have women listing what they ate and it's less than what a child should eat in a day. That's encouraging eating disorders.

Chana Miriam S

Post Wed, Nov 17 2021, 10:36 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

I’m not sure who is being referred to as rude. I don’t believe I was rude, and off white thanked me. Further, if you do mean me, trust me, jealous about anyone else, is that me. Since I’ve lost 115 pounds and am maintaining that loss over the past four years, plus studied nutrition including weightloss and maintenance, I have a solid base of evidence and knowledge on which I base my comments.

You are right though. People do get jealous. It’s annoying but whatever. It’s kind of the bane of my existence now.

What’s MY motivation? I’m no longer suffering. I want to see others succeed. In my experience ( plus science) too much of a calorie deficit IS problematic for us. It’s a fact. I said it nicely. Off white thanked me. Not sure what the issue is here.

amother
Cerise

Post Thu, Nov 18 2021, 6:28 am
Bran flakes and milk
String cheese
Tuna and salad
Coffee
2 eggs sweet potato string beans
Treat 1 chocolate rugalah

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 18 2021, 6:31 am
andrea levy wrote:
I’m not sure who is being referred to as rude. I don’t believe I was rude, and off white thanked me. Further, if you do mean me, trust me, jealous about anyone else, is that me. Since I’ve lost 115 pounds and am maintaining that loss over the past four years, plus studied nutrition including weightloss and maintenance, I have a solid base of evidence and knowledge on which I base my comments.

You are right though. People do get jealous. It’s annoying but whatever. It’s kind of the bane of my existence now.

What’s MY motivation? I’m no longer suffering. I want to see others succeed. In my experience ( plus science) too much of a calorie deficit IS problematic for us. It’s a fact. I said it nicely. Off white thanked me. Not sure what the issue is here.

I did not mean you and I always read and appreciate your posts.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 18 2021, 6:33 am
Reality wrote:
I was not being rude. I've been on imamother for many years. I am not jealous of anyone. I eat healthfully and exercise. I'm just being truthful. I've seen countless threads like this. They always attract people who have varied levels of disordered eating.

If this thread is working for you, fine. But you're not listing every morsel you are eating in a day.

We have women listing what they ate and it's less than what a child should eat in a day. That's encouraging eating disorders.

This thread is about supporting each other on whichever diet people choose to go on. No one is encouraging eating disorders. If someone eats too little it’s ok to comment in a sensitive helpful way. Your comment was condescending and discouraged a poster from continuing to post here.
Please don’t bring negativity here. It’s been going well till now. If you have no chizzuk to share please don’t post on this thread.

Reality

Post Thu, Nov 18 2021, 6:47 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
This thread is about supporting each other on whichever diet people choose to go on.
Please don’t bring negativity here. It’s been going well till now. If you have no chizzuk to share please don’t post on this thread.

Stop telling me I'm being rude and negative. Anyone who has any experience with eating disorders knows that people publicly posting how little they eat encourages others to do the same. I felt morally obligated to post so that the silent readers won't think these are healthy, admirable eating habits. If my quote unquote rude and negative posts saves one woman falling down that path it will be worth it to me!

I will stop posting on "your" thread.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 18 2021, 6:49 am
Reality wrote:
Stop telling me I'm being rude and negative. Anyone who has any experience with eating disorders knows that people publicly posting how little they eat encourages others to do the same. I felt morally obligated to post so that the silent readers won't think these are healthy, admirable eating habits. If my quote unquote rude and negative posts saves one woman falling down that path it will be worth it to me!

I will stop posting on "your" thread.

Yes, please do a spin off about eating disorders and let this thread remain positive and encouraging. Thanks.

amother
Offwhite

Post Thu, Nov 18 2021, 8:33 am
andrea levy wrote:
I’m glad to hear! I always worry about what consistent undereating does to us after having experiences with it over 45 years. To me, sustainable is everything.

Absolutely. I'm really trying to make healthy changes that work for me long term.

I still don't know what happened that day. I was not hungry until the normal time the next day. I do feel that if I'm not feeling hungry, I'm not going to push myself eat an extra meal just to get extra food in, especially if I've been eating well the rest of the week.

In other words, I'm not intentionally reducing the amount of food I consume. I'm just trying to make healthier choices, and I find that when I do, I'm not eating as often as I used to, as I am satiated for longer.

I'm also trying to make sure that when I eat, I'm eating filling meals that have vegetables, protein, and healthy fat. So if I eat a salad, it has protein and fats and leafy greens, and I'm not just nibbling on a few iceberg lettuce leaves. I may just write salad, but it's usually a balanced meal.

Yesterday I had my usual 2 coffees

Lunch was leftover salmon and veggies

Snack was 2 slices cheddar cheese

Dinner was meatballs and green beans.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 18 2021, 11:24 am
I’m having a simcha tonight where I’m going to eat dinner and it will be way later than my intermittent fasting rule.
I regret not weighing this morning instead of tomorrow.
I think I’ll weigh Sunday morning and not tomorrow so it should be more accurate.
Hope to see nice results for all fellow dieters here!

amother
Cerise

Post Thu, Nov 18 2021, 3:01 pm
Breakfast: 1 ww bread egg salad
Snack: banana
Lunch: 2 slices ww bread tuna salad
Snack: iced coffee
Supper: squash soup, honey mustard chicken with peppers small baked potato 1 T mayo
If I’m hungry Later I’ll have a fruit
Page 10 of 17   Previous  1  2  3 9  10  11 15  16  17  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise