Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Bugaboo vs. Uppa Baby?
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother

Post Tue, Aug 24 2010, 4:41 pm
Talking about style and trend, Bugaboo is far more upper class.

Cookies n Cream

Post Tue, Aug 24 2010, 5:36 pm
amother wrote:
Talking about style and trend, Bugaboo is far more upper class.

When purchasing a stroller, I 'm not necessarily looking to make a fashion statement, I usually take into consideration practicality, and what suits my needs...
I'll save the style and trend for my clothing, shoes, and bags.... Very Happy

chaylizi

Post Tue, Aug 24 2010, 5:41 pm
amother wrote:
OP, the main thing is that the Bugaboo is lighter, narrower, sleeker, and easier to manuver.. comeing from someone who has experience with both. The Uppababy is unquestionably bulky and the wheels are ridiculously huge.

So does Bugaboo pay you commission or do you do their advertising for free? It is seriously not a contest. We can all buy the stroller we like best. Isn't that great?

chaylizi

Post Tue, Aug 24 2010, 5:42 pm
Cookies n Cream wrote:
chaylizi wrote:
I have the Uppa Baby. I could have had the Bugaboo if I wanted one. In fact, I did own one & I sold it. I disliked the fold of the Bugaboo & several other things besides.

About the UppaBaby- I enjoy the multi child usage. I am currently able to use my stroller for 3 children. I am using the main seat for my baby, the Rumbleseat for my toddler & my preschooler on the piggyback board. I also enjoy that the seat and bassinet are not using the same fabric. I like the handle of the UB better. The basket is bigger- I could do a whole grocery shopping with this stroller. The raincover and bug cover are included. There are other things. I guess everyone has their own preferences.

Mazel Tov!!

Someone's very observant. Thanks!

flowerpower

Post Tue, Aug 24 2010, 5:49 pm
shmoopy wrote:
I Have the bugaboo cameleon for my walking stroller and the bugaboo bee for my car, best desicion ever.

You need moola for such decisions ya know.

I happen to like the uppababy look better then the bugaboooooo.

MommyZ

Post Tue, Aug 24 2010, 7:04 pm
chaylizi wrote:
Cookies n Cream wrote:
chaylizi wrote:
I have the Uppa Baby. I could have had the Bugaboo if I wanted one. In fact, I did own one & I sold it. I disliked the fold of the Bugaboo & several other things besides.

About the UppaBaby- I enjoy the multi child usage. I am currently able to use my stroller for 3 children. I am using the main seat for my baby, the Rumbleseat for my toddler & my preschooler on the piggyback board. I also enjoy that the seat and bassinet are not using the same fabric. I like the handle of the UB better. The basket is bigger- I could do a whole grocery shopping with this stroller. The raincover and bug cover are included. There are other things. I guess everyone has their own preferences.

Mazel Tov!!

Someone's very observant. Thanks!

Mazal Tov! I guess my brain is not functioning at the moment. Just got back from my nephew's bris.

happy chick

Post Tue, Aug 24 2010, 7:07 pm
I have the bee and the best thing I like about it is that its likes completely flat for a newborn, as opposed to the frog, cameleon and uppababy, the seat is in a sitting position and the whole seat shifts up and down. it lies completely flat and faces you, so its just as convenient as a basinet, just not as classy looking. its much more narrow than the others and wheels jsut as great. the only down side to it, is that the wheels are small, so the steps can get hardand the snow is hard, too. but, its half the price of the frog or cameleon and looks to be more durable than the uppababy (cant say for sure). it folds easy and pretty flat

amother

Post Tue, Aug 24 2010, 8:03 pm
I'm wondering how many of those swearing by the bugaboo actually paid for it themselves. It seems like the more down to earth people are loving the uppa and stating practically why it's better and the bugabooers are basically saying "it's THE BEST STROLLER so you HAVE to get it" easy to say when mom and dad are paying.

I have the uppa and I could have had either - in fact I was leaning toward the bugaboo since I figured it must be good if so many ppl buy it. my DH actually paid for the bugaboo and when we went to get it we switched to the uppa after trying out both. Like others I loved the ability to switch to a double, loved that the wheels are big and easy to push - I walk a lot and you don't feel anything, Love Love Love the adjustable handle - my DH is much taller than me, and love the big basket. Goes up and down stairs great and I've gone through many doors and never had a problem.

Didn't like the flimsy feel of the bugaboo, no option of a 2nd seat, no adj handle and I believe the bassinet is bigger in the uppa if I'm correct. I felt the kids bounced more in the bugaboo and my middle one could sit in the uppa but it was iffy in the bugaboo.

If you want people to say "oh a bugaboo you must have money" that's the way to go - and there are people who only care about that, if you want quality, endurance etc......... well than you should probably go and try them both out and see for yourself which one suits your needs.

boymom

Post Tue, Aug 24 2010, 8:23 pm
amother wrote:
I'm wondering how many of those swearing by the bugaboo actually paid for it themselves. It seems like the more down to earth people are loving the uppa and stating practically why it's better and the bugabooers are basically saying "it's THE BEST STROLLER so you HAVE to get it" easy to say when mom and dad are paying.

I have the uppa and I could have had either - in fact I was leaning toward the bugaboo since I figured it must be good if so many ppl buy it. my DH actually paid for the bugaboo and when we went to get it we switched to the uppa after trying out both. Like others I loved the ability to switch to a double, loved that the wheels are big and easy to push - I walk a lot and you don't feel anything, Love Love Love the adjustable handle - my DH is much taller than me, and love the big basket. Goes up and down stairs great and I've gone through many doors and never had a problem.

Didn't like the flimsy feel of the bugaboo, no option of a 2nd seat, no adj handle and I believe the bassinet is bigger in the uppa if I'm correct. I felt the kids bounced more in the bugaboo and my middle one could sit in the uppa but it was iffy in the bugaboo.

If you want people to say "oh a bugaboo you must have money" that's the way to go - and there are people who only care about that, if you want quality, endurance etc......... well than you should probably go and try them both out and see for yourself which one suits your needs.

Thumbs Up . well said!!

I asked tons of pple about their strollers and at first, most bugaboo pple said that they Love it but later when I spoke to them again they admitted that they dont like it, not worth it, baby wont sleep in it.
as far as style is cosidered, right now, Uppa baby is the latest style. it is becoming way more popular than the Bugaboo. about the width:if double strollers fit through doorways, then why shouldnt a single Uppa baby??? Good luck with your decision.

bnm

Post Tue, Aug 24 2010, 10:13 pm
when I tried the UppaBaby in the stores compared to the Bugaboo 2 years ago the Bugaboo was lighter and pushed smoother-those where my 2 main criteria for a carriage. the store had a step and I tried each carriage on it because I take mine up 2 flights every time I go out. I don't need my carriage to fold so that wasn't an issue for me. I heard the UppaBaby steering improved with the new model, I didn't try it yet. I'm very happy with my Bugaboo and paid every cent with our own hard earned money.

amother

Post Wed, Aug 25 2010, 1:26 am
one thing you must know about bugaboo is that when you push it around certain parks the wheels deflate- little prickly things from trees pop the wheels. uppababy wheels are better.

further more, the reason I liked and bought the bugaboo initially is that everyone would know how rich we are. it was a statement.

a few years later I grew up, got a life, and got a better, though less flashy, uppababy.

now, when I see bugaboos I think "they probably live in an apartment and have something to prove."

uppababy does not make that statement.

bnm

Post Wed, Aug 25 2010, 1:29 am
amother wrote:
one thing you must know about bugaboo is that when you push it around certain parks the wheels deflate- little prickly things from trees pop the wheels. uppababy wheels are better.

further more, the reason I liked and bought the bugaboo initially is that everyone would know how rich we are. it was a statement.

a few years later I grew up, got a life, and got a better, though less flashy, uppababy.

now, when I see bugaboos I think "they probably live in an apartment and have something to prove."

uppababy does not make that statement.

you had a frog, the chameleon doesn't have air tires.

lizard8

Post Wed, Aug 25 2010, 6:27 am
Wow! Everyone is so loyal to their strollers!!!
I think I am gonna get the uppababy....

Cookies n Cream

Post Wed, Aug 25 2010, 12:05 pm
lizard8 wrote:
Wow! Everyone is so loyal to their strollers!!!
I think I am gonna get the uppababy....

Lol!
It's pathetic, but I really am...Smile

nylon

Post Wed, Aug 25 2010, 1:46 pm
happy chick wrote:
I have the bee and the best thing I like about it is that its likes completely flat for a newborn, as opposed to the frog, cameleon and uppababy, the seat is in a sitting position and the whole seat shifts up and down.

The Bugaboo lies perfectly flat. In the bassinet. Which is the only thing you should be using for a baby who can't sit up independently. (Or the carseat + adapters.) I see people putting young babies in the seat, thinking that if they tilt it all the way back, it's the same. It is not. It is dangerous. The sides are not high enough, the straps not tight enough, the baby's back is not correctly reclined.

If you hate dealing with the bassinet, you should not be buying a Cameleon/Frog. IMO, the bassinet is the best for small babies on long trips (which is why I bought a bassinet stroller--I hardly ever had to fold mine, though.)

And amother, what nonsense about people who have Bugaboos having something to prove. My Bugaboo is 3.5 years old. When I bought it, it was the best bassinet stroller of its type, and I'm certainly not going to waste money replacing a good stroller. How do you know what everyone is doing, when they bought it, what they paid?

pappymom

Post Sat, Oct 09 2010, 10:32 pm
Bumping this up cuz still deciding! any more takes? This is child numb 3 iy"H- dd is 4 and ds is 2.5.....

amother

Post Sat, Oct 09 2010, 11:42 pm
I have both. (Paid for them both with my own hard-earned money too!)

The uppa is more functional; the bugaboo more agile. The uppa is like the best toyota on the market, a sturdy stroller with some luxury perks; the bugaboo is like a sports car, "cooler" but less practical.

It really depends on what you want... The bugaboo is smaller, better maneuverability, pushes like a dream. The uppa is a bit larger, more functional in that it has a HUGE basket and features such as an extended sunshade.

pappymom, can you be more specific regarding what you want in a stroller?

flowerpower

Post Sun, Oct 10 2010, 12:43 am
Somehow I like the uppa baby better. It seems stronger for a heavy toddler.

Atali

Post Mon, Nov 29 2010, 8:34 pm
I removed an ad that a poster placed for her own store.

No, you cannot repost the ad as Amother.

bakermom

Post Mon, Nov 29 2010, 10:09 pm
I paid for my Bugaboo Chameleon 3 yrs ago and still love it. I never used the maint. kit (they put a note saying that you won't have to use it cuz the tires are no longer air filled), and it came with the rain plastic. It pushes like a dream, is light, my son is very comfortable in it. and from what I hear from a family member who is looking at carriages now, the Uppa Baby is about the same price as the bugaboo now.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics