Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs
Exciting news to share and a hashgacha pratis story 4 u
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

saw50st8

Post Wed, Nov 24 2010, 7:34 am
Congrats! That's super exciting!

I don't get AMI, but I'll support your blog instead :-) Do you get paid by traffic or by ad clicks?

Mama Bear

Post Wed, Nov 24 2010, 7:43 am
I can't wait to see this magazine! In Willy they probably only sell it at the newsstand and it's very far from my house, so I'll have to wait til dh brings it for me tomorrow. Oh well. Cant wait to see it in print!

Seraph

Post Wed, Nov 24 2010, 7:44 am
saw50st8 wrote:

I don't get AMI, but I'll support your blog instead :-) Do you get paid by traffic or by ad clicks?
Thanks! There's no way you can already be getting it, seeing as it only has its first edition in print today. :-D

I get paid by clicks, but fraudulent clicks would cause me to get banned from the ad network.
I get paid also by sponsors, and its easier to get sponsors the more visits you get per month/day.

Seraph

Post Wed, Nov 24 2010, 7:45 am
Mama Bear wrote:
I can't wait to see this magazine! In Willy they probably only sell it at the newsstand and it's very far from my house, so I'll have to wait til dh brings it for me tomorrow. Oh well. Cant wait to see it in print!
Me neither! And it isn't available in Israel yet. I can't wait to see how my page would be laid out. Oh, and anyone who does get it- can you tell me what my by-line says?

Seraph

Post Wed, Nov 24 2010, 7:47 am
ChossidMom wrote:
Mazel Tov! That sounds really wonderful for you. I never heard of this magazine but if I see it I'll pick it up.
I'm really happy for you.
It's only coming out today in the US, and in Israel and England next week. :-D That's probably why you haven't seen it yet....

I guess you haven't seen the imamother threads about AMI, nor the big banner ad across the top of imamother...

http://imamother.com/forum/vie.....art=0
http://imamother.com/forum/vie.....art=0

saw50st8

Post Wed, Nov 24 2010, 8:01 am
Seraph wrote:
saw50st8 wrote:

Thanks! There's no way you can already be getting it, seeing as it only has its first edition in print today. :-D

I get paid by clicks, but fraudulent clicks would cause me to get banned from the ad network.
I get paid also by sponsors, and its easier to get sponsors the more visits you get per month/day.

I wouldnt fraudulently click, but if I see an ad and it seems interesting enough, I'm more likely to click it if I know there is an incentive for you. KWIM?

Seraph

Post Wed, Nov 24 2010, 8:55 am
saw50st8 wrote:
Seraph wrote:
saw50st8 wrote:

I wouldnt fraudulently click, but if I see an ad and it seems interesting enough, I'm more likely to click it if I know there is an incentive for you. KWIM?
Yea, definitely, that's great!

zigi

Post Wed, Nov 24 2010, 9:06 am
congrats! I love your blog! I can't wait to see what your column will be like.

Maya

Post Wed, Nov 24 2010, 9:26 am
That is great! I'll see if I can get my hands on a copy of it.

gryp

Post Wed, Nov 24 2010, 9:32 am
I must say I'm amazed at how long you kept this secret. Smile

Hatzlacha Rabba, Seraph. I don't buy magazines but I'll try to get this first one just so I can see how you cut 100 words out of your very first article. LOL. (I'm just kidding, it's probably all different by now.)

STovah

Post Wed, Nov 24 2010, 9:37 am
I am so happy for you - I am a regular lurker on your blog and really enjoy your honest and candid approach to finances and raising a family on a budget. You should have much mazel and hatzlacha in this new venture.

Seraph

Post Wed, Nov 24 2010, 9:40 am
Thank you! You help me feel all warm and fuzzy inside!

GR, it was impossible to keep a secret this long... I spilled the beans to a few friends, but only after things were finalized. I know a bracha rests on something that is hidden from the eye, which is why I was able to have the conviction to keep quiet- I really wanted this to work out.
I opened my mouth today because the cat's out of the bag and I wanted to pass on the good news.

:-D Gr, the first column ended up being pretty similar to the original, just better. :-D

gryp

Post Wed, Nov 24 2010, 9:45 am
Very happy for you, Seraph. It's the perfect opportunity. May you have brochos on your work "ad bli dai."

kitov

Post Wed, Nov 24 2010, 9:49 am
Aha, so THAT'S what you've been busy with lately....

Hatzlacha meruba!

anuta

Post Wed, Nov 24 2010, 10:09 am
Congratulations, I think this is well deserved!

I read your blog once when you just started and had a few entries, and was disappointed - there were spelling mistakes, it didn't look professional, etc.

I just went to look at it again a week ago, and was stunned. You have a bright future as a frugality maven, maybe not only in the Jewish world, but in english-speaking world. You have many followers, you have a better look for your site, your articles are VERY well thought out and cover the subject very thoroughly, and there were things there I even learned for myself (even though I thought I am already a know-it-all about the subject, LOL).

You did a great job, it really shows that you put a lot of good work into it, and I am sure you will continue doing a great job in print!

WriterMom

Post Wed, Nov 24 2010, 10:20 am
I couldn't be happier for you! Thanks for telling us about it, and good luck - you're amazing!

Bliss

Post Wed, Nov 24 2010, 10:26 am
Wow, Seraph! Best of luck! And thanks for sharing the hashgacha prutis behind it. I'll definitely give it a shot.

jelibean

Post Wed, Nov 24 2010, 10:28 am
Mazel Tov, Seraph! Looks like you petitioned Hashem well enough to increase your ability to live frugally!

Is AMI looking for other writers? If so, what's the best way to contact them?

Seraph

Post Wed, Nov 24 2010, 10:29 am
anuta wrote:
Congratulations, I think this is well deserved!

I read your blog once when you just started and had a few entries, and was disappointed - there were spelling mistakes, it didn't look professional, etc.

I just went to look at it again a week ago, and was stunned. You have a bright future as a frugality maven, maybe not only in the Jewish world, but in english-speaking world. You have many followers, you have a better look for your site, your articles are VERY well thought out and cover the subject very thoroughly, and there were things there I even learned for myself (even though I thought I am already a know-it-all about the subject, LOL).

You did a great job, it really shows that you put a lot of good work into it, and I am sure you will continue doing a great job in print!
Well, a few comments to that. First, as always, there's a learning process. I have had time to make it more professional looking now that I learned more how to do things.'
But really I think the biggest credit goes to my graphic designer who worked for free- her name is Rena Traxler and I think she's on Imamother, so I wanted to give her credit. I worked hard to design and make a logo that described my site, etc... but it didn't look as professional. Then Rena redid my graphic to make the header that you see up there- she took my idea and made it beautiful. And that made the biggest change to making it more professional.

I admit I rarely ever edit my work- I'm usually too wiped out to do that, especially now that I'm doing 4 cleaning jobs a week, writing 2 columns for ami a week, and making everything from scratch, not to mention homeschooling my son... yea, so I generally just write and post and leave typos intact...

I'm glad you learned a lot on my site- and I do enjoy writing it. I try to make it more well thought out and my readers really help me by teaching me a lot, and showing me what works and what doesn't...

:-D

natmichal

Post Wed, Nov 24 2010, 10:43 am
I'll join the good wishes.
Do you have any idea where in Israel I could find it (that is, if I leave my hole....). I wouldn't find it in a regular newsstand, right? Not if it's in English and religious...
Page 2 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics