Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
If you bought a Tesla Model 3...
Previous  1  2

amother
Obsidian

Post Thu, Jun 17 2021, 10:30 am
We got the Chevy bolt as a second car. Also electric/ no gas but not quite a Tesla.... a few months ago there was a great money back promotion which we took advantage of. Interestingly, my sons Rebbi told the boys to think about all the people who feel so good in their new electric Chevy bolt car ... until they look out the window when they are stopped at a red light and notice the Tesla pull up right next to them. It doesn’t bother me one bit but I do feel bad for people who feel like second class citizens when they wish they could be Tesla owners. If you are looking for an electric car, there are other options these days aside for the Tesla.

Emunah13

Post Thu, Jun 17 2021, 10:36 am
amother [ Seagreen ] wrote:
Just curious, do people buy used Teslas?
We only buy used cars (2-4 years old). Now we have a Camry (13 k) and a Sienna (21 k). Are used Teslas as reliable as used Toyotas, and how much do they run?

https://www.cars.com/for-sale/.....10952

There are so few moving parts , hardly anything to break, my wealthy relative owned La few lexus & audi cars before becoming a Tesla fan

No oil change, no smelly gas station, no noise, no blind spot on your screen, 2 trunks, crazy acceleration

amother
Topaz

Post Thu, Jun 17 2021, 12:07 pm
Yes. People buy used Teslas. The one time we considered buying a Tesla we went to the dealership and while my husband and kids played with the features on the car, I sat with a gentleman who was buying a used Tesla. He was able to have the used Tesla be fully compatible with all of the new technology and also saved a lot of money. He had a long commute every day and was buying the Tesla to help with that. I would totally do the same thing because a car loses 40 percent of its value the minute you drive off the lot. However, my husband is an “early adopter” and always wants to be seen with the latest and greatest. So I don’t know if he would be on board with used.

amother
Seagreen

Post Thu, Jun 17 2021, 12:15 pm
amother [ Topaz ] wrote:
Yes. People buy used Teslas. The one time we considered buying a Tesla we went to the dealership and while my husband and kids played with the features on the car, I sat with a gentleman who was buying a used Tesla. He was able to have the used Tesla be fully compatible with all of the new technology and also saved a lot of money. He had a long commute every day and was buying the Tesla to help with that. I would totally do the same thing because a car loses 40 percent of its value the minute you drive off the lot. However, my husband is an “early adopter” and always wants to be seen with the latest and greatest. So I don’t know if he would be on board with used.

We can’t afford nor do we wish to buy something that loses value In a day

amother
Topaz

Post Thu, Jun 17 2021, 12:25 pm
We can’t afford nor do we wish to buy something that loses value In a day

Every car loses value. It’s a depreciating asset. As a matter of fact, it loses value all the way down to zero. But most people need a car to get around. And buying is cheaper than leasing. (We bought our used minivan on a 5 year paying plan. Now we have it close to 8 years and we’ve been paying zero for the past 3 years).

Emunah13

Post Fri, Jun 18 2021, 12:14 pm
amother [ Topaz ] wrote:

Unlike most cars who have minor changes each year, & major changes every 3 yrs, used Teslas appear identical to Brand new ones.

amother
cornflower

Post Fri, Jun 18 2021, 12:20 pm
We're looking to sell our Model 3 if anyone is interested Wink

amother
cornflower

Post Fri, Jun 18 2021, 12:20 pm
Delete

best

Post Wed, Apr 27 2022, 3:26 pm
Just curious, do people buy used Teslas?
We only buy used cars (2-4 years old). Now we have a Camry (13 k) and a Sienna (21 k). Are used Teslas as reliable as used Toyotas, and how much do they run?

Cars.com and smany other sites have plenty used Teslas, they tend to sit longer at the dealership.

We took kids with for a test drive, and spoke with owners at service center, based on research I would rather buy used x than New Y, so few moving parts , not much to break. skip the waiting list, more value for $,My Toyota is reliable but aging.

amother
Seagreen

Post Wed, Apr 27 2022, 4:11 pm
amother [ cornflower ] wrote:
We're looking to sell our Model 3 if anyone is interested Wink

Why? Do you not like it?
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics