Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Flying El Al & Drinks
Previous  1  2  3  Next

DrMom

Post Mon, Aug 07 2023, 12:24 am
You can also bring something like this rolled up, and unroll and fill onboard:

essie14

Post Mon, Aug 07 2023, 12:29 am
Bnei Berak 10 wrote:
Interesting. I've been travelling with a thermos of cold water back and forth (EU country) and it wasn't a problem.
Low cost flight where they charge you tons for lukewarm bottled water.
At the main terminal at ben gurion they have water coolers close to the bathrooms.

This is a US regulation. Has nothing to do with the airline or the EU.

Rappel

Post Mon, Aug 07 2023, 12:45 am
I bring empty bottles for everyone, and fill them on the plane

Bnei Berak 10

Post Mon, Aug 07 2023, 1:14 am
Rappel wrote:
I bring empty bottles for everyone, and fill them on the plane

Is the water cold or not?

dilego

Post Mon, Aug 07 2023, 1:26 am
From Israel to europe I never had to buy after security I brought my bottle of water with me from home all the way to the destination. With Elal and other airlines. Sorry
Maybe its only to the us

leilatov1

Post Mon, Aug 07 2023, 2:28 am
Yes it's only US policy. Flying from Ben gurion there is no issue with liquid at all when flying to Europe

amother
Hyssop

Post Mon, Aug 07 2023, 3:51 am
Not knowing this, As wewere boarding heading back to us, I sent my husband to buy some water as we has finished the ones we. Ought after security. Two seconds later we got on line and they were confiscated.

DrMom

Post Mon, Aug 07 2023, 3:56 am
amother Hyssop wrote:
Not knowing this, As wewere boarding heading back to us, I sent my husband to buy some water as we has finished the ones we. Ought after security. Two seconds later we got on line and they were confiscated.

I wonder if they will ever get rid of this stupid rule.

amother
Blush

Post Mon, Aug 07 2023, 4:31 am
I wonder if this policy is only for flights from Israel to USA because in Israel they allow liquids past security?
I've flown from London to New York and I don't remember them confiscating water before the flight, only at security.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 07 2023, 5:20 am
Thank you for all the ideas. I just don't want airplane water, and many times all they offer is a small cup they fill with if you're lucky 6 oz. I would only drink bottled.

I wouldn't even care if they let you order water like they do alcohol and get it given out on board, its the most obnoxious rule they have ever made. I get so dehydrated on the long flight.

I have to research frozen. That sounds like a possibility if it doesn't melt in the meantime. There are a couple hours from leaving the house until boarding.

Pray for large sized water bottles and a kind steward/ess.

Ema of 5

Post Mon, Aug 07 2023, 5:31 am
amother Aqua wrote:
Sometimes they do make you throw out the water from your bag before boarding. Idk why

I think they only do that coming back to America, not going to Israel.

Ema of 5

Post Mon, Aug 07 2023, 5:32 am
amother OP wrote:
Thank you for all the ideas. I just don't want airplane water, and many times all they offer is a small cup they fill with if you're lucky 6 oz. I would only drink bottled.

I wouldn't even care if they let you order water like they do alcohol and get it given out on board, its the most obnoxious rule they have ever made. I get so dehydrated on the long flight.

I have to research frozen. That sounds like a possibility if it doesn't melt in the meantime. There are a couple hours from leaving the house until boarding.

Pray for large sized water bottles and a kind steward/ess.

Airplane water is bottled water. At least it was when we flew at the beefing of the month. And you can get as many refills as you want.

Ema of 5

Post Mon, Aug 07 2023, 5:34 am
amother Blush wrote:
I wonder if this policy is only for flights from Israel to USA because in Israel they allow liquids past security?
I've flown from London to New York and I don't remember them confiscating water before the flight, only at security.

Yup, that’s exactly it. My husband said it depends on your destination. Since America is strict about liquids, if you are flying to America you can’t bring liquid on the plane. (This is only international flights. On domestic flights anything you buy after you go through security can go on the plane.)

amother
Trillium

Post Mon, Aug 07 2023, 5:49 am
I just flew elal a few hours ago. From jfk. There was no security right before boarding. We took drinks that we bought in the terminal no problem. I do remember going through a security checkpoint last time I went so I guess you never know 🤔

singleagain

Post Mon, Aug 07 2023, 5:55 am
amother Trillium wrote:
I just flew elal a few hours ago. From jfk. There was no security right before boarding. We took drinks that we bought in the terminal no problem. I do remember going through a security checkpoint last time I went so I guess you never know 🤔

From JFK meaning leaving USA. If you're coming into USA then they are strict. The only way you can bring liquid on the plane is in a duty free sealed bag.

amother
Royalblue

Post Mon, Aug 07 2023, 1:47 pm
I just flew out of Israel yesterday and they said we can take the water bottles (that we brought from home) on the plane with us. It went through security and they didn't care

amother
NeonBlue

Post Mon, Aug 07 2023, 1:52 pm
amother OP wrote:
Thank you everyone. I did some searching on other forums for traveling and the responses are just as diverse and confused. I wish there was a way to clarify.

I flew elal 2 days ago.
If you're flying out of the US they check for liquids when you go through security so anything you buy past security is okay.
When you're flying out of Israel into the US they don't check for liquids by security but they do check we'll go on a plane, bec the us requires them to, so they will make you throw out all your liquids then which was very annoying.

amother
Amaranthus

Post Mon, Aug 07 2023, 2:24 pm
They make you throw out liquids after security? On other airlines, I bring empty bottles and fill them up at the airport.

Ema of 5

Post Mon, Aug 07 2023, 2:36 pm
amother Royalblue wrote:
I just flew out of Israel yesterday and they said we can take the water bottles (that we brought from home) on the plane with us. It went through security and they didn't care

Were you going to America?

Ema of 5

Post Mon, Aug 07 2023, 2:37 pm
amother Amaranthus wrote:
They make you throw out liquids after security? On other airlines, I bring empty bottles and fill them up at the airport.

Only if you are flying to America, because that is the (stupid and pointless) American procedure.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions