Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Would like to change to precious health
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
DarkMagenta

Post Fri, Aug 25 2023, 6:12 am
amother Brown wrote:
It's really disturbing that they have the non compete when Lakewood so desperately needs more doctors.

Why?? That’s a standard business practice. No one’s business needs to do chessed for an entire klal
(Also keep in mind, this was about 15 years ago when Lakewood was literally almost half the size it is now)
And in case you are new to Lakewood, the Shaniks do more chessed for Lakewood than almost anyone else

amother
DarkGray

Post Fri, Aug 25 2023, 6:19 am
amother Almond wrote:
I love west park. The doctors are all older and the place is so well run. I like how it’s affiliated with rwj barnabas hospital… for example when my son fractured a bone, we went to the emergency room and the hospital already had all his information in the system.
The answering service for after hours is great, I have spoken to a dr at dawn for an emergency bec every night one of them is on call.

Left them Sept 2020.
Covid Quacks.

amother
Brown

Post Fri, Aug 25 2023, 6:20 am
amother DarkMagenta wrote:
Why?? That’s a standard business practice. No one’s business needs to do chessed for an entire klal
(Also keep in mind, this was about 15 years ago when Lakewood was literally almost half the size it is now)
And in case you are new to Lakewood, the Shaniks do more chessed for Lakewood than almost anyone else
If you call living here over 30 years new, then yes I'm new lol. 15 years ago Lakewood needed new doctors already.

I agree they do a lot of chessed but that doesn't mean this non compete business is ok.

amother
DarkGray

Post Fri, Aug 25 2023, 6:21 am
amother Papaya wrote:
I dont agree that it became a factory. Yes we do need more drs and theres way too many patients in the practice but thats the reality of any good dr. they need to take a lot of patients its the only way to make money. But the drs are still excellent and caring, that didnt change.

I think they now have 6 or 7 mds plus pas & nps.
Dr Miller was newish. I met a women MD this week as well. Plus diamond, zyskind, werzberger & kaplowitz are all mds.

amother
Obsidian

Post Fri, Aug 25 2023, 6:38 am
amother Brown wrote:
Mycare already has a PA who sees pediatrics. They've had it for a while already.

Yes but I wouldn't go to a practice where you can't even be seen by a doctor. I rather know that I'm getting the best care possible. There is a reason why school is much longer and rigorous.

amother
DarkMagenta

Post Fri, Aug 25 2023, 6:42 am
amother Brown wrote:
If you call living here over 30 years new, then yes I'm new lol. 15 years ago Lakewood needed new doctors already.

I agree they do a lot of chessed but that doesn't mean this non compete business is ok.

Nope lol I don’t think you’re new if you’ve been here 30 years:)
But I very much don’t like when people expect others to do chessed with their business. That’s a business owners perogative and as someone who owns a business, I find that those who don’t many times have an “es kumpt mir” attitude from businesses. Businesses have one purpose, to make money. If that bothers someone, then they need to figure it out
And it’s also a non starter, Dr fenster has been in a Lakewood practice for at least 5 years by now

amother
Brown

Post Fri, Aug 25 2023, 6:43 am
amother Obsidian wrote:
Yes but I wouldn't go to a practice where you can't even be seen by a doctor. I rather know that I'm getting the best care possible. There is a reason why school is much longer and rigorous.
I don't go there either. My neighbors go though and they're happy. To each their own

amother
Obsidian

Post Fri, Aug 25 2023, 6:46 am
amother Brown wrote:
I don't go there either. My neighbors go though and they're happy. To each their own

Which pa is it, moshe shechter?

amother
Obsidian

Post Fri, Aug 25 2023, 6:51 am
amother DarkGray wrote:
I think they now have 6 or 7 mds plus pas & nps.
Dr Miller was newish. I met a women MD this week as well. Plus diamond, zyskind, werzberger & kaplowitz are all mds.

Dr Miller I believe graduated from the caribbean?

amother
Hawthorn

Post Fri, Aug 25 2023, 7:03 am
amother Almond wrote:
I love west park. The doctors are all older and the place is so well run. I like how it’s affiliated with rwj barnabas hospital… for example when my son fractured a bone, we went to the emergency room and the hospital already had all his information in the system.
The answering service for after hours is great, I have spoken to a dr at dawn for an emergency bec every night one of them is on call.

Left to precious health during covid
My child had an ear infection they didn't want to help me bcz we would have to come in and they weren't seeing anyone. also felt like they're a factory

bnm

Post Fri, Aug 25 2023, 7:03 am
Called yesterday at 11 and got offered appointments with pa or np. I didnt push for a dr. Maybe they would have offered. First time I met that particular PA. He was nice and seemed thorough. If your thinking Diamond's office from Boro Park its not the same because even the Boro Park office has triple the providers from 6 years ago. When I started using them there was 1 office, 3 drs.

amother
Aubergine

Post Fri, Aug 25 2023, 7:23 am
amother Obsidian wrote:
Dr Miller I believe graduated from the caribbean?

What does that mean?!

I switched to Precious Health and I am very happy there

amother
Brown

Post Fri, Aug 25 2023, 7:24 am
amother Obsidian wrote:
Which pa is it, moshe shechter?
No, a lady. I forget the name

amother
Daylily

Post Fri, Aug 25 2023, 7:26 am
amother Obsidian wrote:
I'm looking as well, chemed opened up a new location but seems they don't really have any doctors either and the doctor they brought in to run it can't even work.. sounds like a disaster. Mycare I heard is supposed to be opening up pediatrics but sounds like will also be staffed by PA's- I'm not sure if the shechter brothers will be running it like in the westgate location. Seems like places aren't interested in hiring any doctors anymore and we're supposed to be cared for as second class citizens.

The two Schecters who run my care are not brothers and totally not related. Also they are both pa none of them are even doctors.

amother
Daylily

Post Fri, Aug 25 2023, 7:28 am
amother Obsidian wrote:
I heard though he's working far out like in neptune as he's not allowed to work in lakewood but I'm not sure I would use him even if he was nearby.

What don’t you like about dr. Lapidus?

amother
Obsidian

Post Fri, Aug 25 2023, 7:53 am
amother Aubergine wrote:
What does that mean?!

I switched to Precious Health and I am very happy there

https://www.forbes.com/sites/k.....4676a

Cmon be nice

Post Fri, Aug 25 2023, 8:03 am
amother DarkMagenta wrote:
Dr fenster did the same (worked in Neptune) because of a non complete when he left Dr Shanik. After a good 10 years he came back and opened kinder pediatrics

It was 2 years lol

amother
Mayflower

Post Fri, Aug 25 2023, 8:50 am
The biggest problem is that there aren’t enough drs to go around. Even when a new practice opens they pull professionals from preexisting offices so we don’t gain that many drs. Lakewood is growing faster than our healthcare. (And I totally understand why drs aren’t eager to work here, when they can get better reimbursements in other communities)
Also, IMO opinion an experienced PA can be just as good as many drs. (Anyone else grow up seeing pa mark shaffern -we loved him!) I’ve come to know and trust some of the PAs mentioned.

amother
Brown

Post Fri, Aug 25 2023, 9:03 am
amother Obsidian wrote:
https://www.forbes.com/sites/kristenmoon/2020/05/11/will-attending-medical-school-in-the-caribbean-hurt-my-chances-of-becoming-a-us-doctor/?sh=54b0de14676a
Ok let’s get this straight. Caribbean medical schools aren’t like attending Raizel Reit. The schooling is extremely difficult. Shadowing and residency is the same as any other medical student. The only real difference is that those schools are easier to get into because there are nowhere near enough slots in US schools for the number of new doctors that our country needs. We need people graduating from those schools.

amother
Obsidian

Post Fri, Aug 25 2023, 9:54 am
amother Brown wrote:
Ok let’s get this straight. Caribbean medical schools aren’t like attending Raizel Reit. The schooling is extremely difficult. Shadowing and residency is the same as any other medical student. The only real difference is that those schools are easier to get into because there are nowhere near enough slots in US schools for the number of new doctors that our country needs. We need people graduating from those schools.

They're definitely not to the same standards as US schools and there's a reason why they're they're located in the island vs the US. Yes they can graduate from a caribbean school and eventually get a residency but many hospitals don't even accept caribbean graduates into their residency so at the end IMO there is a difference.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries