Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Summer Camps
Getting into Camp Bais Yaakov ferndale Ny
Previous  1  2  3  Next

aimhabanim

Post Sat, Jan 20 2024, 9:12 pm
Us too! I am so disappointed for my daughter! I really thought it would be good for her!!!

amother
Daisy

Post Sat, Jan 20 2024, 9:23 pm
We have a weird situation. We got no acceptance or rejection letter. Nada. And my daughter’s classmates (most of whom are returning campers and/or siblings) all got acceptance letters on Thursday. However, I saw that they cashed the check we sent for deposit. What could this mean?

amother
Camellia

Post Sat, Jan 20 2024, 9:24 pm
amother Daisy wrote:
We have a weird situation. We got no acceptance or rejection letter. Nada. And my daughter’s classmates (most of whom are returning campers and/or siblings) all got acceptance letters on Thursday. However, I saw that they cashed the check we sent for deposit. What could this mean?

It means she is accepted. By me they also cashed it a day before I got the letter.

amother
Jade

Post Sat, Jan 20 2024, 9:26 pm
amother Daisy wrote:

I would call, likely the acceptance letter got lost in the mail. We just got ours today and the info needs to be back within 2 weeks

amother
Periwinkle

Post Sat, Jan 20 2024, 9:30 pm
If you feel that CBY is the right place for your DD, keep pushing even after receiving a rejection letter.

Ask DD school for help.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 21 2024, 12:36 am
My dd was rejected too! Sad

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 21 2024, 12:38 am
amother Daisy wrote:

Call the.!
And if they say it was a mistake, just say that since they cashed it, she is going.

amother
Lightcoral

Post Sun, Jan 21 2024, 12:48 am
amother Daisy wrote:

Cashing usually means acceptance. I’d call and say you see they cashed it but didn’t get anything yet.

amother
Daisy

Post Sun, Jan 21 2024, 1:15 am
Thank you all.
Will call in the morning. Was kind of expecting a rejection as I know there is no room, but we’ll see what happens. Will keep you posted.

amother
Razzmatazz

Post Sun, Jan 21 2024, 12:04 pm
Hi - what ages are easier/harder for the girls who didn't get accepted to get into? Is going out of 8th grade a 'hard' year that's very full?
Also, in terms of first half vs 2nd half, just wondering if to try for 2nd half as it seems that's easier to get in. What are the differences in the type of girls that go 1st half vs 2nd half?

TIA!

amother
Brickred

Post Sun, Jan 21 2024, 12:23 pm
Wondering- for those of you who got rejection letters- did they outright say no or did they say waiting list?

We got a waiting list letter (for a diff camp) and not sure whether to see it as a polite rejection or as a "maybe there's hope".

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 21 2024, 2:26 pm
The letter said that she wasn't accepted because of lack of room and if you want, you can call the camp and ask to be put on a waiting list

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 25 2024, 11:33 pm
So I'm on waiting list and asked.the school to call on our behalf...

Did anyone here whose daughter was rejected get in? Every did you do?

You can answer re. This year or previous years, but please specify

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jan 26 2024, 10:30 am
Bump

amother
Razzmatazz

Post Fri, Jan 26 2024, 11:20 am
Just sharing that I'm in the same boat, daughter's actually on list for application so less of a chance Sad. Just so disappointing as she really wants to go to camp. She's on waiting list for another camp and was hoping by now something would pan out Sad

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 06 2024, 6:43 pm
Bump

Any updates?
I just called and get said no movement on list, call back in a few weeks

amother
DarkKhaki

Post Tue, Feb 06 2024, 7:15 pm
amother OP wrote:
So I'm on waiting list and asked.the school to call on our behalf...

Did anyone here whose daughter was rejected get in? Every did you do?

You can answer re. This year or previous years, but please specify

My daughter was accepted from the waiting list in a previous year-2 years ago but I had a teacher call for her. If you have any connections to the camp you should use them. Hatzlacha!

amother
Blueberry

Post Tue, Feb 06 2024, 7:19 pm
My daughter was registered to go two years ago but last minute (two months before camp) our plans changed and I pulled out. The office woman was so nice, she said you’re going to make a girl on our waiting list very happy…

amother
Peony

Post Tue, Feb 06 2024, 8:18 pm
amother OP wrote:
Bump

Any updates?
I just called and get said no movement on list, call back in a few weeks

They are still waiting to get back responses from the campers they accepted, so they won't know for a couple of weeks.

amother
Brown

Post Tue, Feb 06 2024, 8:19 pm
It's funny because I went to CBY for a number of years when it was very unpopular. It's interesting to see how the tide turned.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Summer Camps