Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Thoughts on the price here?
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 04 2024, 3:48 pm
amother Cerulean wrote:
You seem to be taking it very personally. No one is forcing you to shop there.
Maybe ask them about it if it bothers you so much.

Really not. Just wondering what they’re thinking and how this all works.

amother
Yarrow

Post Sun, Feb 04 2024, 3:53 pm
I think many of you are misunderstanding
Op is just perplexed why one set is $82 and the coordinated girl version is $20 cheaper

I personally think it's either an error
Or they want to see if people will pay more

tweety1

Post Sun, Feb 04 2024, 3:57 pm
amother OP wrote:
Really not. Just wondering what they’re thinking and how this all works.

They're charging this price because they know people buy it. If they wouldn't have customers they wouldn't be in business.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 04 2024, 4:01 pm
tweety1 wrote:
They're charging this price because they know people buy it. If they wouldn't have customers they wouldn't be in business.

Why the inconsistency though? I’m also wondering up to what point people are willing to pay? I see brands going up 20$ on certain items. So these are really two separate questions.
1. Why have such different pricing on almost identical items?
2. Up to what point can brands go up in price and people will still buy? Is there a limit?

YounginBP

Post Sun, Feb 04 2024, 4:04 pm
I seem to remember that they used to be an affordable brand about 3-4 years ago. Then COVID came and everything shot up.
In-between they also opened a brick and mortar store = rent, staff more expenses = price increases.

I don't shop there bec of the prices but some of their stuff is really nice. That denim blouse and bloomer 🥰
Hopefully H&M will have something similar this year.

amother
Cerulean

Post Sun, Feb 04 2024, 4:05 pm
amother Yarrow wrote:
I think many of you are misunderstanding
Op is just perplexed why one set is $82 and the coordinated girl version is $20 cheaper

I personally think it's either an error
Or they want to see if people will pay more

The girls & boys version of that set are both marked $82.
I wouldn't have an issue asking them about it.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 04 2024, 4:06 pm
YounginBP wrote:
I seem to remember that they used to be an affordable brand about 3-4 years ago. Then COVID came and everything shot up.
In-between they also opened a brick and mortar store = rent, staff more expenses = price increases.

I don't shop there bec of the prices but some of their stuff is really nice. That denim blouse and bloomer 🥰
Hopefully H&M will have something similar this year.

They should still have a nice amount of stock when they go on sale but with this price at 30 off it’ll still be a lot

amother
Yarrow

Post Sun, Feb 04 2024, 4:08 pm
amother Cerulean wrote:
The girls & boys version of that set are both marked $82.
I wouldn't have an issue asking them about it.

Sorry I missed that.
Still, all the other sets are way cheaper. For seemingly no reason

amother
Yarrow

Post Sun, Feb 04 2024, 4:09 pm
amother OP wrote:
Why the inconsistency though? I’m also wondering up to what point people are willing to pay? I see brands going up 20$ on certain items. So these are really two separate questions.
1. Why have such different pricing on almost identical items?
2. Up to what point can brands go up in price and people will still buy? Is there a limit?

Regarding your 2nd point
I think there is no limit. There are plenty of people who shop without looking at prices who won't care how expensive it is

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 04 2024, 4:11 pm
amother Yarrow wrote:
Regarding your 2nd point
I think there is no limit. There are plenty of people who shop without looking at prices who won't care how expensive it is

Then I think a lot more people should go into children’s retail. What other products do you know where people will pay any price marked?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 04 2024, 4:14 pm
Also everyone is talking about inflation and recession and no one has any extra money but for toddler clothes there’s an unlimited supply?

amother
Yarrow

Post Sun, Feb 04 2024, 4:20 pm
amother OP wrote:
Also everyone is talking about inflation and recession and no one has any extra money but for toddler clothes there’s an unlimited supply?

Obviously the costumers buying $82 sets aren't affected by inflation. Same way there are steak houses opening and packed each night

amother
Cerulean

Post Sun, Feb 04 2024, 4:21 pm
amother OP wrote:

There are people that aren't effected bt inflation bh.
There are also many people that buy 1 nice expensive outfit per season & the rest is cheaper stuff.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 04 2024, 4:22 pm
amother Yarrow wrote:
Obviously the costumers buying $82 sets aren't affected by inflation. Same way there are steak houses opening and packed each night

But steak houses don’t randomly go up in pricing from season to season and dish to dish. Nor do jewelry stores and other luxury enterprises.

amother
Steel

Post Sun, Feb 04 2024, 4:24 pm
amother OP wrote:
Then I think a lot more people should go into children’s retail. What other products do you know where people will pay any price marked?

For many people, in the grand scheme of their spending (tuition, mortgage, car,insurance, food, taxes etc) spending an additional $20 on an outfit compared to last year really doesn't make a difference. Especially for those who don't spend much time or thought on clothes shopping & just want to get nice things really quickly without spending too much headspace on it.

The above is not my usual way of shopping but I do it on occasion & it's really liberating to spend very minimal time & effort even if it means spending more. Bh I can afford to.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 04 2024, 4:29 pm
amother Steel wrote:
For many people, in the grand scheme of their spending (tuition, mortgage, car,insurance, food, taxes etc) spending an additional $20 on an outfit compared to last year really doesn't make a difference. Especially for those who don't spend much time or thought on clothes shopping & just want to get nice things really quickly without spending too much headspace on it.

The above is not my usual way of shopping but I do it on occasion & it's really liberating to spend very minimal time & effort even if it means spending more. Bh I can afford to.

Is there really no limit to how much you would spend in such a scenario?

amother
Cerulean

Post Sun, Feb 04 2024, 4:30 pm
amother OP wrote:
But steak houses don’t randomly go up in pricing from season to season and dish to dish. Nor do jewelry stores and other luxury enterprises.

Of course they do.

amother
Tanzanite

Post Sun, Feb 04 2024, 4:35 pm
The sailor collar is cuter people will buy it even at a higher price.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 04 2024, 4:39 pm
amother Cerulean wrote:
Of course they do.

No they don’t. There’s a cheshbon and a consistency. Depending on the ingredients/materials used.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 04 2024, 4:40 pm
amother Tanzanite wrote:
The sailor collar is cuter people will buy it even at a higher price.

I guess I got my answer to the first question. Still wondering about the second.
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics