Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
ISO the right help fo a painfully shy teenager - Brooklyn
Previous  1  2

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 15 2024, 2:42 pm
behappy2 wrote:
Two ideas. One is to get the book Breaking free of childhood anxiety and OCD. Second is to find a therapist for yourself to guide you in helping her. I think it's highly unlikely at this point that she will go or engage with a therapist. I would recommend craniosacral therapy or bodywork but my guess is that she won't cooperate much with that either.

Thank You so much! She might go for cranial if it's just a general thing and I don't ever mention or link it to any specific issue.
About art therapy, she doesnt particularly enjoy art although she does enjoy hands on crafts type of things. She also loves to swim. Is there any kind of swim therapy lol? Trying my luck.
The idea is t9 get her help without her realizing she's being helped. That's the only way it will work.

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 15 2024, 2:43 pm
amother Chestnut wrote:
OP,
We’ve been talking about it for months.
She said no way to therapy but when I found out about art therapy I tried warming her up to the idea since before pesach.
Then when I finally made the appointment she was like no way!
She said she never thought we’d follow through with it.
She barely spoke to us for about 24 hours and was really upset but we held our ground.
She NEEDS this.
Finally she opened up and said she wished we would have given her more of a choice.
My husband said you only have to go once and after that we’ll see.
I don’t know if this was the right approach and I don’t know what will happen.
Bezras Hashem it will be good. For both our daughters.

Amen! I hope you see results quick. It seems she went back a second time so I guess she can't hate it that much?
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children