Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Do you think your imamother persona reflects you?
Previous  1  2  3  Next

dena613

Post Fri, May 17 2024, 11:44 am
b.chadash wrote:
Yes, except for the fact that I'm on here.

Very Happy Me too!

My opinions and views here are real.

But also, I am able to think first before responding better here than IRL, so I think I'm more sensitive here than IRL and don't share all my views. I also probably come across more compassionate here than IRL because its different than a real conversation and it can be awkward to say some things IRL.

hodeez

Post Fri, May 17 2024, 11:47 am
Im a tinge more insufferable in the flesh

Goody2shoes

Post Fri, May 17 2024, 11:47 am
I'm always myself. I don't believe in pretending, regardless of the consequences!

shachachti

Post Fri, May 17 2024, 11:49 am
I just went and skimmed through my posts.

Yes I say the same exact things to people in real life.

I don't take my time/have the time to speak so clearly in real life though.

flowerpower

Post Fri, May 17 2024, 11:52 am
Totally!!

sushilover

Post Fri, May 17 2024, 12:07 pm
Not at all.

But then again, my persona is different in different aspects of my life.
At work, I'm business-like and professional. At home I'm often laughing and singing.
I never talk politics with my extended family because they are strong liberals who would cut me off if they knew my real opinions.
With my friends we talk more about our day to day lives with the occasional philosophical debate for fun.

The main difference is that if I disagree with someone in real life, I'll either keep quiet and then discuss it with my husband or a friend, or I'll gently say something to show them my perspectives.
Here, it's socially acceptable to boldly state your opinion. I also almost feel obligated to chime in when someone is stating something factually incorrect in a public forum. (Like saying that anyone can purchase a gun without a background check.)

lamplighter

Post Fri, May 17 2024, 12:18 pm
I would say so, except in real life I'm quite funny and I don't think that comes across here.

imasinger

Post Fri, May 17 2024, 12:39 pm
Hard to say. I think all would agree that I generally am a kind person. But here, I sometimes get guru status, while to my mother and sisters, I'm an oddball, and in general, I think I make a more pareve impression.

ectomorph

Post Fri, May 17 2024, 1:27 pm
In real life, I am a beautiful tzadekes with perfect Yiras Shamayim who does tons of chesed. I never have to ask a shayla because I know halacha so well. I have 25 kids and spend quality time with each of them every single day, while working full time as a doctor in order to support my husband in Kollel in lakewood. My 25 kids are always matching in the latest style and I make them all change if one of them gets dirty. No one has adhd or autism type traits and they treat me like a queen. Whenever I wake up in the morning, the kids are already dressed and ask me what they can do to help.

In real life, I like to imagine things like that, but alas it's not true.

patzer

Post Fri, May 17 2024, 1:32 pm
"Do you think your imamother persona reflects you?"
Of course not. How could it?
I do think I act pretty naturally here.
But you've never seen me in real life. You've never seen me when I'm excited, when someone's getting on my nerves, or when I'm overtired. Even when making conversation here, you don't see my facial expressions or hear my tone of voice (which can dramatically alter the communication style).
You also don't know anything about my real life and what I do when I'm not here.

readreread

Post Fri, May 17 2024, 1:39 pm
For the most part. I am much more left wing than many posters here but I usually only post those opinions as amother so I don't get piled on. So I guess in that sense my readreread persona is less accurate to who I truly am? But not my posts in general, including anon.

nightingale1

Post Fri, May 17 2024, 1:48 pm
Absolutely not.

Part of it is that when I’m making an argument, I think very deeply about it and don’t like to have any holes in it. I like to be intellectually honest. So when I read a thread I’m more likely to comment on someone arguing the side I agree with, but with a logic discrepancy, than someone arguing the other side. So I almost give the opposite impression.

amother
Wallflower

Post Fri, May 17 2024, 2:21 pm
I’m the same here and in real life.

giselle

Post Fri, May 17 2024, 2:42 pm
Sunny Days wrote:
I’d be a bit intimidated to speak with you while you’re head down.
Otherwise I’d be super excited to meet!

Wait is this about our profile pic or our online persona?
Would be super excited to meet you too!

Sunny Days

Post Fri, May 17 2024, 2:49 pm
giselle wrote:
Wait is this about our profile pic or our online persona?
Would be super excited to meet you too!

Obviously depends if your profile pic reflects your irl persona…
As stated above- mine doesn’t. I look more like a person than a design. (Perhaps a weird one, but nevertheless, still human I presume. )

amother
OP

Post Fri, May 17 2024, 2:55 pm
lamplighter wrote:
I would say so, except in real life I'm quite funny and I don't think that comes across here.

For me it's the opposite. In real life I'm pretty serious, but here people think I'm hysterical.

octopus

Post Fri, May 17 2024, 2:59 pm
I usually keep my opinions to myself in real life. I'm a happy friendly caring person. And I loooove people !!!I don't think that comes across at all in my posting .

Crookshanks

Post Fri, May 17 2024, 5:02 pm
I think my posts really reflect me. As a funny, not very kind person.

Einikel

Post Fri, May 17 2024, 5:06 pm
I don't think I have much of a persona on here TBH

Genius

Post Fri, May 17 2024, 5:37 pm
Another vote for being funnier in real life. My jokes on here fall flat most of the time. But I’m honest with my opinions and practically never post amother so what you see is what you get.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics