Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Child-related inquiries
Milk on WIC
Previous  1  2

Mama Bear

Post Wed, Dec 17 2008, 10:33 pm
as far as I know there are kosher cheeses in 1 pound, that's what I always took. I'm really excited about the whole wheat bread!

chanagital

Post Thu, Dec 18 2008, 8:36 pm
is the bread going to be a kosher parive one or a dairy one or not kosher at all... unfortunatly that was my other issue with wic things that we could get were not kosher

ShakleeMom

Post Thu, Dec 18 2008, 8:49 pm
Chanagital maybe you can pick the kosher stuff out once a month at a kosher grocer instead of relying on miracles.

Mama Bear

Post Thu, Dec 18 2008, 9:02 pm
Yes, there will be one brand of whole wheat bread, I forgot the name, that will be available on WIC.

chanagital

Post Thu, Dec 18 2008, 9:37 pm
ShakleeMom wrote:
Chanagital maybe you can pick the kosher stuff out once a month at a kosher grocer instead of relying on miracles.

I only go to kosher grocers... but they don't take wic that is one of the problems and the big stores don't have the correct sizes and what they do have is not kosher that is able to be purchased with wic... if you don't have anything nice to say please don't say anything. I was tryng to figure out if it was only my area of the world that is anti semtic when it came to dealing with wic or not.

ShakleeMom

Post Thu, Dec 18 2008, 9:39 pm
I thought I'm being nice?! hmmmph

Yakira

Post Thu, Dec 18 2008, 10:36 pm
The small kosher grocery is good about letting you take two half gallons of milk and two 8 oz of cheese or if you go over. But it also depends on the casheir and its a little uncomfortable. I like to go to Stop & Shop because the prices are great and they sell the apple and eve 46 oz bottle of juice which is much easier than the can. But they only allow gallons which are never c'y.

Pineapple

Post Thu, Dec 18 2008, 10:43 pm
Yakira wrote:
The small kosher grocery is good about letting you take two half gallons of milk and two 8 oz of cheese or if you go over. But it also depends on the casheir and its a little uncomfortable. I like to go to Stop & Shop because the prices are great and they sell the apple and eve 46 oz bottle of juice which is much easier than the can. But they only allow gallons which are never c'y.

The new checks say 2 half gallons instead of one gallon

ShakleeMom

Post Thu, Dec 18 2008, 10:44 pm
you can also request quarts if you tell them your fridge has no room, etc.

Yakira

Post Thu, Dec 18 2008, 10:51 pm
Really? Pineapple and Shaklee, that's great to know because we never end up using the full half gallon, often spill some out which I feel terrible doing. Usually we give some to our neighbors too. My next appointment is in like a month and a half so I'll ask them for the quart thing then. Although by than DD will be drinking real milk so maybe we will end up finishing a quart.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Child-related inquiries