Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
How many strollers do you own?
Previous  1  2

catonmylap

Post Mon, Mar 23 2009, 3:28 pm
I have 1 (inglesina zippy)

At one point we bought a lighter weight one second hand, but it was a disaster (stopped folding) so we threw it out.

octopus

Post Mon, Mar 23 2009, 3:31 pm
I'm in USA. I have one double and one single stroller. I also have 2 umbrella strollers that we got for free with purchases made of over $75.

raizs

Post Mon, Mar 23 2009, 3:41 pm
Hey - never heard that within a few years of having your first kid you'll need a parking lot for your strollers?
Ppl have their first kid, theyre all excited, into full scale stroller + bassinet systems etc. Usually this is a gift from the parents or inlaws - a pretty expensive proposition.
Six months later, they realize - what a shlep! (Esp in EY) - and buy a cheap, light stroller - or a Maclaren type, if they have the money. (NOTE: this ends up being most ppl's favorite stroller)
Then along comes the second - and with it a double.
Thats three strollers - at least. Assuming you liked them all, none of them broke, etc. And its uphill from there....

raspberry tea

Post Mon, Mar 23 2009, 11:14 pm
Thanks ladies....

so now I'm thinking I should probably pick up a single. For when the others are in school/gan. Or maybe I could just use my double like I do now, with only one kid in it? Hmmm.....

RachelEve14

Post Mon, Mar 23 2009, 11:52 pm
yuki wrote:
Thanks ladies....

so now I'm thinking I should probably pick up a single. For when the others are in school/gan. Or maybe I could just use my double like I do now, with only one kid in it? Hmmm.....

A single is so much easier. Especially if there are steps, etc. I would pick up a single if I were you.

Seraph

Post Tue, Mar 24 2009, 1:08 am
I have a Peg Perego travel system that I bought second hand. I used it a ton when uriel was young, especially when I was going in a car because my car seat attached to it. It has a big basket underneath it so I still use it when going out shopping and need a place to carry back my things, but from all the abuse the basket is almost broken.

I also got a cheapo used stroller as a gift from someone- cosco brand. Its umbrella/tiyulon, and I bring that for short walks around the yishuv or when on a bus and not planning on shlepping back groceries or anything. It doesnt lean back, so if I want my son to sleep in it, I consider bringing my other. Theres no place to store anything here...

jackiejoel3

Post Tue, Mar 24 2009, 6:10 am
In EY if you don't have a car you need an umbrella stroller to go on and off the buses. I have a cheap graco and then my double is the phil an teds that the baby kind of sits underneath. It is such a mechaya! It goes into elevators down the check out aisle at the grocery store and into the post office. Plus when I didn't want the bigger one to sit I just take off the seat and it is a single. I have 36 steps to get in and out of my building (the hills of Yerushalyim Very Happy ) It is great! I highly reccomend it to everyone who asks!

Marion

Post Tue, Mar 24 2009, 6:24 am
BTW jackiejoel, I HATED my Maclaren on the bus. My heavy Graco was much easier (one hand fold, even sitting down, built to "bump" up the stairs, the brakes could also be put on from sitting...).

tm

Post Tue, Mar 24 2009, 6:53 am
I have a Peg Pliko P3 and a cheap Jeep umbrella type stroller which I bought when ds1 didn't need the full recline. it was more compact but now it's faded and ugly and doesn't fit in my trunk and the Peg does (the Jeep is too tall for my tiny trunk) so I just use the Peg all the time.
I would like to get another lightweight stroller that does fit in the trunk but I don't really want to spoil myself with a 3rd stroller so I'm waiting until one of the others break...

ButterflyGarden

Post Tue, Mar 24 2009, 9:03 am
3. I have the Peg Pliko P3 for the newborn, a McClairen techno twin, and a pretty sturdy Israeli umbrella stroller. Since I have 3 kids ages 3 and under we seem to have a lot of strollers. I also had a Graco but it was falling apart so I gave it away and bought the Peg.

m0m

Post Tue, Mar 24 2009, 10:07 am
I have three.. its really not a big deal here- just the fact is that most people dont have the place to store them.... or you can always find those buildings that have 70 carriages downstairs in the hall and they sit there forever and get dusty even when your kids are long since married...
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions