Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene
Are you interested in Photography? let's post pics
  Previous  1  2  3 17 18  19  20  Next

Love My Babes

Post Mon, Feb 25 2008, 4:35 pm
I use the manual settings too. I like the way it changes the lighting.

chayitty

Post Mon, Feb 25 2008, 4:43 pm
a back drop is a cloth u use for the backround

its probably on a very slow shutter speed when ur in manual...try figuring out how to make it faster read the manuel...I didnt take these pics on a tripod..I usally dont even though they say u should..io cant move around when im with a tripod

Zahava

Post Mon, Feb 25 2008, 5:04 pm
And what were those settings?

Love My Babes

Post Mon, Feb 25 2008, 5:07 pm
ok it looked like a backround but I thought u were talking about something on ur camera. now I dont feel so stupid!

chayitty

Post Mon, Feb 25 2008, 6:46 pm
good....its not good to feel stupid LOL LOL LOL

I usally put my shutter speed at 1/200
and apeture the highest possiable...which is the lowest number possiable

Zahava

Post Mon, Feb 25 2008, 8:51 pm
The above settings are good for indoor low light? I just started experimenting with my slr again, but I have to wait to finish a film to see what they came out like, and of course I can hardly remember how I set the camera.

Maya

Post Mon, Feb 25 2008, 8:57 pm
Chayitty, is your camera a digital or one that still uses film?

chayitty

Post Tue, Feb 26 2008, 12:41 am
my camera is digital...also I dont know if these settings r a sure thing since I have digital I play around with it
wat u can do is try a notch higher and a notch lower see wat works..I dont know film must be hard

mugsisme

Post Tue, Feb 26 2008, 11:19 pm
Oh! chayitty, you started playing with your camera. Lovely! I love your son's smile on the first one, but that second one is just precious. Try to scoot in a little closer.

So how are you find the camera? Is it easy to use?

chayitty

Post Tue, Feb 26 2008, 11:55 pm
im still ajusting to it....I have a few more days to decide..then I cant return anymore..im trying to decide if the 50-150 is to big...have u seen the lense?? it deosnt get smaller..stays big the whole time and on the inside it goes in and out
I put up the backdrop yesterday to take pics for someone and decided take some of my son..since he was actually clean..I cpould try and crop the second one..u think it might make it look better??

rebeca

Post Wed, Feb 27 2008, 3:21 am
very nice pics!
gorgeous smile!

now technical ;-) I think you should stand him a bit further away from the backdrop like that his face stays sharp and the back gets more blurred (thats what I prefer anyway by portraits;-)

The size of a camera is something only you can decide for yourself. When I bought my compact I didn't buy such a tiny thing as I like to hold onto something when taking pics ;-).
When I decided about getting a DSLR I kept on pushing it off as they are so massive. Then nikon came out with the d40 and oly with 410 and I started thinking about it again. I'm small and skinny and cannot manage to carry too much weight for a period of time so I was scared I'll buy it and it'll just lie in the cupboard at home. But now I've come to the conclusion that for good indoor pics you just need one but wheight is still my number 1 priority.
you bought the 40d which is a heavier camera to start with with fast lenses which are very heavy too. I know loads of people that dont mind that but its up to you to decide if you will use it or just leave it at home because of the weight and size. Then it might be worth thinking of getting something lighter. (but if you want fast lenses, they'll always be heavy (u nless you buy primes) so sometimes a heavier body feels better with those type of lenses.
Anyway, whatever you decide, enjoy taking pics and show us some more!!

chayitty

Post Wed, Feb 27 2008, 8:55 am
I was also thinking that the pic. should be from a bit further away. I still dont have a studio and im taking the pics in my foyer so I have to adjust to this distance and stuff...ill be take some more today
as fro a camera I thought I was gonna go for the d40...but I plan on doing this as a bussniess so went for the 40d...im not that small so its not a problem (atleast I hope not)..thats y I wanna try and use it alot before I cant return anymore
I never new that all fast lenses are heavy...is that really true?

rebeca

Post Wed, Feb 27 2008, 9:12 am
yes, fast (zoom)lenses are heavy and big because theres alot more glass in them to let the light get through.
I buy a very nice magazine called 'what digital camera' (UK) and at the end you have all the different cameras and lenses so you can compare them (weight, size, price, perfomance,..) I love that part.
lenses with VR (stabilisation) also weigh more than the reg. ones.
Anyway, You have a great set up and I'm sure you will love and will be able to take stunning pics if you manage the weight!
Did you buy an external flash too?

mugsisme

Post Wed, Feb 27 2008, 10:06 am
I would think that the 50-150 would be better suited for outdoor photography, or if your kids are in a play at school, that type of stuff. My 70-300 can't be used in the house. But I have used my 18-200 in the house, when I really want to zoom in close on one of the kids. Are you able to back up at all?

Zahava

Post Wed, Feb 27 2008, 10:14 am
mugisme, can you explain, please, why the bigger zoom lenses are not suited for indoors?

chayitty

Post Wed, Feb 27 2008, 11:24 am
I do have room to back up and that is wat I wanna try today
ive been told that for portrait photography 85mm is the best setting..and that was the reassson I went with the 50-150..wow an 18-200 wats the highest apeture setting on that??
rebbeca as for ur question...I do not have an external flash being that I didnt even start learning anything on lighting....actually could u explain to me please the reasson someone would buy an external flash?? is it bec.it slows down the camera? or is it bec. its a stronger light?
I will be bying lighting equipment..like flood lights and stuff once I go full force into this so im just curious

rebeca

Post Wed, Feb 27 2008, 2:14 pm
an seperate flash you buy for a few reasons. (but dont worry, you dont have to start straight away, you can do loads without a flash especially with such fast lenses where you dont need much light!!)

* they are stronger then the built in flash (more light)
* you can swivel them and bounce them on a wall or ceiling so the light gets much softer and more natural and you dont get such harsh shadows.
* they can stand away from the camera and let the light come from a different direction (not all models)
* they have their own bateries so you can take more pics and the flash gets recharged much faster,

this is a very good website about lighting:
http://www.strobist.blogspot.com/
enjoy!!

chayitty

Post Wed, Feb 27 2008, 3:33 pm
ok im gonna check out that linkl...looks cool
do u ever take pic.'s for proplr...as a job?

chayitty

Post Wed, Feb 27 2008, 9:21 pm

Purple Hug Bunny

Post Wed, Feb 27 2008, 10:09 pm
Nice braided Challah? Look again

a/one care to guess what this is???

Page 18 of 20   Previous  1  2  3 17 18  19  20  Next Recent Topics