Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs
Exciting news to share and a hashgacha pratis story 4 u
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

Seraph

Post Wed, Nov 24 2010, 10:50 am
natmichal wrote:
I'll join the good wishes.
Do you have any idea where in Israel I could find it (that is, if I leave my hole....). I wouldn't find it in a regular newsstand, right? Not if it's in English and religious...
I have no clue... It isn't coming out in israel till next week, so I haven't seen it yet...
Any place that sells mishpacha is probably where you'll be able to find this.

HindaRochel

Post Wed, Nov 24 2010, 10:52 am
MAZEL TOV!!!

And I was lucky enough to get to say that to you in person.

I really am happy for you and wish you lots of success. And you know what I want from you in the end Wink

Seraph

Post Wed, Nov 24 2010, 10:53 am
HindaRochel wrote:
MAZEL TOV!!!

And I was lucky enough to get to say that to you in person.

I really am happy for you and wish you lots of success. And you know what I want from you in the end Wink
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

PinkFridge

Post Wed, Nov 24 2010, 10:58 am
Congratulations! I am really looking forward to buying the first copy if available here.
But isn't it ironic, that the people who are most likely to be living a frugal lifestyle won't budget for the magazine ;-)

DefyGravity

Post Wed, Nov 24 2010, 11:01 am
That's great news! Good for you!

Justlookup

Post Wed, Nov 24 2010, 11:05 am
So happy for you - may this be the beginning of parnassa bharchava, easily and happily!
You should definitely get some commision for the sales of the magazine! Smile - not sure if I would've bought it right now - I usually wait a bit w/ new magazines to hear ppl's responses, but after your post, I definitely think I'll pick one up, and apparently so are many other women from this site - all bec. of your post! Hatzlacha!

Mama Bear

Post Wed, Nov 24 2010, 11:09 am
Okay so apparently it is supposed to be available in the groceries. I'll go down now and find out!

onlyme

Post Wed, Nov 24 2010, 11:10 am
Oh wow, Mazel tov! What a beautiful story.

We're trying to be more careful with money these days and I love the way you write so you can bet I'll go out and buy the Ami Magazine now! (not sure if we can afford it on a steady basis though, but the rest of the time I'll try to get it from my MIL when she's done with it...)

Seraph

Post Wed, Nov 24 2010, 11:25 am
PinkFridge wrote:
Congratulations! I am really looking forward to buying the first copy if available here.
But isn't it ironic, that the people who are most likely to be living a frugal lifestyle won't budget for the magazine ;-)
Yea, I guess it is ironic. But thats ok, my goal is to convert ALL the readers to at least living some semblance of frugal lifestyle.
And I would say that buying Ami for my column alone would probably save you more money in the long run than you're spending on the magazine, so buying it is a frugal decision. :-D

Seraph

Post Wed, Nov 24 2010, 11:30 am
ChayaG wrote:
So happy for you - may this be the beginning of parnassa bharchava, easily and happily!
You should definitely get some commision for the sales of the magazine! Smile - not sure if I would've bought it right now - I usually wait a bit w/ new magazines to hear ppl's responses, but after your post, I definitely think I'll pick one up, and apparently so are many other women from this site - all bec. of your post! Hatzlacha!
Haha, if I'd get paid commission from sales, that would be really cool. But haha. Ya know, just send lots of emails for the Q and A, and send in letters to the editor about how much you like my column, and then I'm sure I'll be rewarded for that.
It pays for me for Ami's clientelle base to be big.
The way I see it, the more people read my column, the more people will find my blog. :-D

MaBelleVie

Post Wed, Nov 24 2010, 11:51 am
Mazal Tov! I am a regular reader of your blog, and your topics have contributed much to our dinner table arguments discussions.

I'm hoping someone will buy me a subscription to Ami as a Chanuka gift. . . if not, I'll have to get my hands on someone's hand me downs. Looking forward to reading your column!

Seraph

Post Wed, Nov 24 2010, 12:18 pm
onlyme wrote:
Oh wow, Mazel tov! What a beautiful story.

We're trying to be more careful with money these days and I love the way you write so you can bet I'll go out and buy the Ami Magazine now! (not sure if we can afford it on a steady basis though, but the rest of the time I'll try to get it from my MIL when she's done with it...)
Thank you! I hoped that others might find the story inspirational also, about how Hashem really does answer our tefillos.

Thanks for the compliment.

Mrs. XYZ

Post Wed, Nov 24 2010, 12:20 pm
Wow! Good for you!

Just curious, how did they hear about you? Was it through your blog? or does someone there know you?

bluebird

Post Wed, Nov 24 2010, 12:26 pm
Wow, Seraph, this is fantastic! I don't know you personally, but I'm very excited for you anyway! You have a real gift for writing and have found your niche in an area that you're passionate about. May that continue to grow!

Seraph

Post Wed, Nov 24 2010, 12:30 pm
Mrs. XYZ wrote:
Wow! Good for you!

Just curious, how did they hear about you? Was it through your blog? or does someone there know you?
Through my blog, which I'm pretty sure they found of via imamother.
No, I didn't know anyone there, but I do now!

Seraph

Post Wed, Nov 24 2010, 12:31 pm
bluebird wrote:
Wow, Seraph, this is fantastic! I don't know you personally, but I'm very excited for you anyway! You have a real gift for writing and have found your niche in an area that you're passionate about. May that continue to grow!
Thank you!
I really appreciate the compliment and the warm sentiments!

freshie

Post Wed, Nov 24 2010, 12:34 pm
Congrats! I am soo happy for you! DH and I are regular followers of your blog and we love it! I always said that you had such a way with writing and felt it so wasted. I am so happy that you can finally get a job through your talents!

Never heard of this magazine but it sounds interesting. I will try it out. add me to your list for commison LOL

frumluv

Post Wed, Nov 24 2010, 12:35 pm
That is wonderful news

Seraph

Post Wed, Nov 24 2010, 12:48 pm
freshie wrote:
Congrats! I am soo happy for you! DH and I are regular followers of your blog and we love it! I always said that you had such a way with writing and felt it so wasted. I am so happy that you can finally get a job through your talents!

Never heard of this magazine but it sounds interesting. I will try it out. add me to your list for commison LOL
Thank you!
I also wanted to say that this also shows that you should never give up and really believe in yourself. I started my blog after I got repeatedly rejected by magazines and I was feeling really down about it. I said that I'd find a way to prove it to them and to the world that I could write, that there would be people interested in hearing what I had to say. I persevered for a little over half a year before this materialized, but b'h it did.
I think the message here is a) have faith in hashem b) have faith in yourself c) never give up d) don't let rejection stop you from accomplishing your dreams.

Mama Bear

Post Wed, Nov 24 2010, 1:14 pm
I looked for the mag all over willimasburg - went to 3 stores - it's not in yet. I'm itching!
Page 3 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics