Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions
Passing judgement on Pg Women getting heterim to not fast
Previous  1  2  3

MaBelleVie

Post Wed, Aug 10 2011, 7:46 pm
Kayza wrote:
amother wrote:

Really? Do you know any posek whose default psak is that pregnant and nursing women should fast the MINOR fasts?
It's actually quite common outside of the Chasidish world, unless, of course, a woman is not feeling well.

R Ovadia Yosef does not believe in women nursing during pregnancy or nursing, so you can add all the thousands of people who follow his psak to the chassidish group.

Kayza

Post Wed, Aug 10 2011, 8:17 pm
MaBelleVie wrote:
Kayza wrote:
amother wrote:

Really? Do you know any posek whose default psak is that pregnant and nursing women should fast the MINOR fasts?
It's actually quite common outside of the Chasidish world, unless, of course, a woman is not feeling well.

R Ovadia Yosef does not believe in women nursing during pregnancy or nursing, so you can add all the thousands of people who follow his psak to the chassidish group.

Indeed - that's why I didn't say that it's universal - or even nearly so.

amother

Post Wed, Aug 10 2011, 10:53 pm
Kayza wrote:
amother wrote:

I'm the amother who posted about the machmir Rav. I'm not chassidish or sefardi. I'm litvish. And besides for the few people I know who follow that rav, I have never heard of pregnant or nursing women fasting minor fasts.

Ruchel

Post Thu, Aug 11 2011, 6:51 am
Chloe wrote:
amother wrote:
OPINIONATED wrote:
amother wrote:

What I meant by the bolded is that this is a society where women have a lot on their plate so I feel like this is just something else to pile on.
I'm guessing that this posek is meikil for specific situations, but this is the default psak.

It makes sense that this should be the default psak, but it also makes sense that people should ask their own shailos.

Really? Do you know any posek whose default psak is that pregnant and nursing women should fast the MINOR fasts? I don't think most people I know would even ask. It seems to be assumed that pregnant/nursing women don't fast except for the 2 major ones.

Exactly. The idea of pregnant/nursing women fasting on minor fasts is so foreign to me.

Nursing I am not so sure, but pregnant I definitely know rabbis of all stripes who say they don't fast.

There are also those who pasken no fast 2 years after a birth. Some add also 2 yrs after a miscarriage (lo alenu).
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions