Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Having kids in your thirties
Previous  1  2  3

Ruchel

Post Thu, May 15 2014, 9:02 am
Not going to say "oh it's as easy at 45 than at 25"... but please, 35? it's nuts. The average age at first child in my country is getting nearer and nearer to 35, does it mean "everyone" will be high risk and all? (high risk starts more like 38, 40 in my country - for example the natural hospitals will not take you above 43).

amother

Post Thu, May 15 2014, 9:28 am
Factory Girl wrote:
I love some of the comments here. I am loving all the women who started having kids (or still having them in their 40's ) I got married in my late 20 ' and I'm in my 30 ' now. And have been paranoid about being "'older".. specially since I had a miscarriage last week. Thank u for giving me back the hope that left me when I miscarried

I got married at 38 had my first b aruch hashem at 39 with .no complications am now 40 and pregnant again b aruch hashem everything is going well. Btw I miscarried my first pregnancy. You are not old!

Posting as amother because not ready to announce pregnancy yet.

Ruchel

Post Thu, May 15 2014, 10:26 am
Amother above, I want to tell you that the first pregnancy often is that way, because it's such a change on the body, at any age. Heart

ewa-jo

Post Thu, May 15 2014, 3:44 pm
I was married at 31, so yeah... all my kids were born in my 30's.... at ages 32 and 34 and 35 and 37 and 38 (IYH)

IMO, there are women in their 30's who eat well and take care of themselves and exercise and get enough sleep and don't stress out too much... and other lifestyle things that we have some control over. There are also women in their 30's who are walking around with the body of a 55-year-old. There are things that are out of our control, but there are factors in TTC/pregnancy that we can affect. Do the best you can and daven a lot.

My kids have an older mommy... big deal... all it means is that I know lots of clever Latin terms from when I was in graduate school that my friends who had kids at 21 don't know. I think I have more energy for my kids than some of my younger friends who live off pasta and havem't figured out how to set boundaries in parenting.

zigi

Post Thu, May 15 2014, 6:46 pm
I am not old, 33 lol. but having a baby now compared to my 20's the only difference is experience. I know what to expect etc...

Factory Girl

Post Thu, May 15 2014, 7:05 pm
amother wrote:
I got married at 38 had my first b aruch hashem at 39 with .no complications am now 40 and pregnant again b aruch hashem everything is going well. Btw I miscarried my first pregnancy. You are not old!

Posting as amother because not ready to announce pregnancy yet.

Thank you for sharing your story with me......your words are comforting me in this awfully painful time.

amother

Post Thu, May 15 2014, 7:11 pm
Just wanted to chime in and let you know that I married in my late 20's and had my 5th child at 39 and I wouldn't mind more! All pregnancies were tough Smile and all the children are b'h b'h beautiful and healthy.

Ruchel

Post Fri, May 16 2014, 10:03 am
I am nearing the 30s (aaaaargh) and my pregnancies kah are getting easier and easier. They're still hard but for reason irrelated to age. But experience means maturity means less stress, and also your body gets used to it.

imaima

Post Fri, May 16 2014, 10:10 am
ewa-jo wrote:
I was married at 31, so yeah... all my kids were born in my 30's.... at ages 32 and 34 and 35 and 37 and 38 (IYH)

IMO, there are women in their 30's who eat well and take care of themselves and exercise and get enough sleep and don't stress out too much... and other lifestyle things that we have some control over. There are also women in their 30's who are walking around with the body of a 55-year-old. There are things that are out of our control, but there are factors in TTC/pregnancy that we can affect. Do the best you can and daven a lot.

My kids have an older mommy... big deal... all it means is that I know lots of clever Latin terms from when I was in graduate school that my friends who had kids at 21 don't know. I think I have more energy for my kids than some of my younger friends who live off pasta and havem't figured out how to set boundaries in parenting.

You are saying the same things for the thousandth time but still don't get that the reason why some women our age have a body of 55 year old is that they started having kids in their twenties! The same things that has happened to your body in your 30-s has happened to theirs in their twenties.

invisiblecircus

Post Wed, May 28 2014, 9:24 am
Reesa wrote:
The rest of the joke is that at a conservative wedding the bride is pregnant and at reform the rabbi is pregnant!

And at a progressive wedding, both brides are pregnant Wink
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics