Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Find Your Cousins For the ordinary folk
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next

amother
Firethorn

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 11:32 am
Any Astrachan/Astrichan (however your family spells the name) family members here?

amother
Opal

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 11:32 am
Would love to ask but my maiden name is so unique that it would definitely give me away. My grandfather had no other siblings that we know of who had children.

amother
Rose

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 11:33 am
amother Blue wrote:
I'm also wondering if anyone else has a family name where everyone with that name is related.

we do. and it’s not a big family. ironically a few generations back they took the mothers last name so it’s not even our “real” last name. don’t worry the other last name is not tht common either lol

I did once find a holocaust memorial that had two names listed there with our last name and I was wondering if they were members of the family killed in the war. def wasnt siblings of grandparents. maybe a distant relative. who knows?

amother
DarkCyan

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 11:53 am
Any Monderers around here? That was my grandmother's maiden name and she only had sisters, so there aren't too many of them but I'm pretty sure they are all related. My grandmother wanted my grandfather to take on her name because my grandfather's last name was Americanized on Ellis Island so it's technically not his "real" name, but he didn't want to.

amother
Lightblue

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 12:04 pm
amother Blue wrote:
I'm also wondering if anyone else has a family name where everyone with that name is related.

My grandmother ah maiden name is Rimler and she used to say that all Rimlers are related. Any Rimlers here?

Debbie

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 12:13 pm
cbsp wrote:
I know many Cohen who aren't kohanim (or even halachically Jewish...)

I'm a daughter of a Cohen, and halachically Jewish, but one of my Cohen cousins married out and has non Jewish Cohen children.
It's sad that such a gift was lost to future generations.

amother
Currant

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 12:21 pm
amother DarkCyan wrote:
Any Monderers around here? That was my grandmother's maiden name and she only had sisters, so there aren't too many of them but I'm pretty sure they are all related. My grandmother wanted my grandfather to take on her name because my grandfather's last name was Americanized on Ellis Island so it's technically not his "real" name, but he didn't want to.

The Monderers I know are European with a couple of them now in USA

amother
Daisy

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 12:27 pm
Any Perels here? From kovel Poland?

amother
Fuchsia

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 12:40 pm
amother Currant wrote:

Yes the Monderers I know both live in the UK now. Wonder if it's the same family.

amother
Chestnut

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 12:52 pm
amother Blue wrote:

I do. DH told me when we got married that if someone asks are you related to those LastNames, I should know the answer is Yes, it's just a matter of how.

amother
DarkCyan

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 1:03 pm
amother Currant wrote:

Yes most are in Europe AFAIK. My grandmother was born in Belgium at the start of the war and made their way to America with her paternal grandfather and his family.

amother
Babypink

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 1:26 pm
amother DarkCyan wrote:
Yes most are in Europe AFAIK. My grandmother was born in Belgium at the start of the war and made their way to America with her paternal grandfather and his family.

Dh had a great aunt who was married to a Monderer. Sadly their whole family was killed by the Nazis.

amother
Blushpink

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 1:26 pm
Springer or Zimmerman? (Germany)

amother
Papayawhip

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 1:33 pm
Anyone related to Fernander?

amother
Daffodil

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 1:37 pm
Cyan, my friend Esther nemetsky is from that family. her mother Mrs ruth Neuberger aleha hashalom, was a Munk. Esther is from Midwood.

To the person who asked about Rimler- I taught with a wonderful Morah Tziporah Rimler at prospect park Yeshiva. She had daughters Tila, Soshi and Chni

amother
Lightblue

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 1:41 pm
amother Daffodil wrote:
Cyan, my friend Esther nemetsky is from that family. her mother Mrs ruth Neuberger aleha hashalom, was a Munk. Esther is from Midwood.

To the person who asked about Rimler- I taught with a wonderful Morah Tziporah Rimler at prospect park Yeshiva. She had daughters Tila, Soshi and Chni

Morah Rimler was my teacher in 8th grade. We were somehow related but never figured out how 😀

amother
Crimson

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 1:44 pm
amother Black wrote:
If you or outer space know any names, first or last, I’d be interested in knowing. Perhaps we are related!

Idk if my family are talmidei hagra but they are an old yerushalmi family. Levi,mintzberg,bergman,baharan

cbsp

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 1:57 pm
amother Daisy wrote:
Any Perels here? From kovel Poland?

We're friends with the Perel family from St. Louis (and if you're that Perel Hi )

amother
Currant

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 2:21 pm
amother DarkCyan wrote:

Are you looking to connect in real life?

amother
Jade

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 2:30 pm
Any Medovars here?
Page 3 of 10   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next Recent Topics