Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Chumra Store
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

The Happy Wife

Post Wed, May 15 2024, 6:48 am
Move over pot fillers. Bedside negel vasser fillers are the next big thing! Sold exclusively at The Chumra Store.*

*Installation not included

up high

Post Wed, May 15 2024, 6:57 am
How about for tznius sake, so that men shouldnt gaze at woman, mens glasses should be made tinted but from the outside. He shouldnt be able to see the woman but people should be able to see him.

amother
Hunter

Post Wed, May 15 2024, 6:57 am
Washing machine with a self kashering cycle for when you mixed up your towels.
Washing machine with a grama button for chol hamoed.
pretied shoelaces for shabbos
little triangle ear shaped fitting things to put over the ears when cutting hair so you don't accidentally touch peyos area

Bnei Berak 10

Post Wed, May 15 2024, 7:28 am
amother Hunter wrote:
Washing machine with a self kashering cycle for when you mixed up your towels.
Washing machine with a grama button for chol hamoed.
pretied shoelaces for shabbos
little triangle ear shaped fitting things to put over the ears when cutting hair so you don't accidentally touch peyos area

You mean mixed up kitchen towels for meat and milk?
There's no problem to wash them together, it's batel be shishim. But if want brownie points in the Chumra-of-the-month-competition then go ahead Smile

Bnei Berak 10

Post Wed, May 15 2024, 7:33 am
ittsamother wrote:
Light switch covers that are set to the calendar so they automatically slide over the switches for shabbos and YT and slide back after havdalah.

Ha! Light switch covers are so outdated! The hardware stores now have light switchers which are constructed for a yom chol mode and a Shabbos mode (you move the switch in a certain way)
I saw this new product today.

salt

Post Wed, May 15 2024, 7:38 am
amother Blushpink wrote:
I thought of another one. Swimming pool mechitzhas that separate the pool in half LOL

Why is this a chumra?
I think the new swimming pool in Efrat is being built like this, so that it can provide mixed swimming and separate hours?
Am I correct, can someone who lives there verify this.

Busybee5

Post Wed, May 15 2024, 7:41 am
up high wrote:
How about for tznius sake, so that men shouldnt gaze at woman, mens glasses should be made tinted but from the outside. He shouldnt be able to see the woman but people should be able to see him.

LOL

Bnei Berak 10

Post Wed, May 15 2024, 7:52 am
Oh dear, I *totally* forgot about the bdikat chametz device! Surprised
You hold in your hand and sweep the questionable surfaces and cracks of your home, the device flashes a green light and beeps gently if the surface is kosher for Pesach. If chalilla you sweep it over crumbs and chametzdig surfaces it blinks a red light and sounds an annoying alarm.
תחת השגחת בד"ץ מחמירים בן מחמירים

amother
Hunter

Post Wed, May 15 2024, 8:52 am
Bnei Berak 10 wrote:
You mean mixed up kitchen towels for meat and milk?
There's no problem to wash them together, it's batel be shishim. But if want brownie points in the Chumra-of-the-month-competition then go ahead Smile

I thought the whole point of this thread was chumras?

Rugelech

Post Wed, May 15 2024, 1:29 pm
A special kind of alarm clock that has three buttons, one to press for those who wait an hour after meat, one button for those who wait 3 hours after meat and one to press for those who wait six hours after meat and the buzzer will ring loud depending on which one was pressed.

amother
Calendula

Post Wed, May 15 2024, 2:33 pm
This Thread Will Be An Imamother Classic!

Success10

Post Wed, May 15 2024, 3:22 pm
A genetic test for esrogim, to test for even the slightest impurity. You can never be too mehudar...

Success10

Post Wed, May 15 2024, 3:23 pm
Rent-a-shaliach for your mishloach manos, so you'll be mekayem the mitzvah 100% through a shaliyach.

Infrared egg checker, to check your eggs for blood spots in the store.

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 15 2024, 4:06 pm
The Chumra phone, a screen free phone

It's a flip phone that the side that has the screen is broken off, you can dial on the numbers and talk with a blue tooth devise.

amother
Thistle

Post Wed, May 15 2024, 4:10 pm
A Shabbos brush with no bristles at all. Perfectly flat on both sides, so both sides look like the back of the brush. For marketing purposes, we can call it reversible!

bgr8ful

Post Wed, May 15 2024, 4:20 pm
up high wrote:

just give em a blindfold and walking canes with an alarm that detects women in the vicinity.

amother
Lilac

Post Wed, May 15 2024, 4:37 pm
amother OP wrote:
The Chumra phone, a screen free phone

It's a flip phone that the side that has the screen is broken off, you can dial on the numbers and talk with a blue tooth devise.

Yeah we used to have one (I was born in the 1970's), it's called a wall phone! I remember when the cordless phone came out. No it's not a typo, mobiles were still stuff of science fiction!

singleagain

Post Wed, May 15 2024, 7:44 pm
Rugelech wrote:
A special kind of alarm clock that has three buttons, one to press for those who wait an hour after meat, one button for those who wait 3 hours after meat and one to press for those who wait six hours after meat and the buzzer will ring loud depending on which one was pressed.

I wait 4 hours. Where's my button?

amother
Wine

Post Thu, May 16 2024, 4:33 pm
ittsamother wrote:
Airpods that voice-distort every woman's singing voice down the scale to a male voice.
Replace "hey siri" with a male voice Not listening

Lemonade 2323

Post Thu, May 16 2024, 5:15 pm
singleagain wrote:
I wait 4 hours. Where's my button?

I'm frummer then you, I wait 14. And I don't need an alarm to remind me, I keep an extra couple of hours just in case.
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics