Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Chanukah
So what are we getting for DH this time?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

Seraph

Post Wed, Dec 09 2009, 2:19 am
ClaRivka wrote:
Seraph wrote:
This probably wouldnt be good for most guys- you gotta know your clientèle...
I sewed my husband a work apron so he has extra pockets for things when fixing up things. Little pockets for nails and screws, bigger pocket for cable ties, a long narrow pocket for a hammer, and a big pocket for everything else. I'm giving it to him with a hammer bec his other one broke.

That's a good idea for my husband. you sewed it urself??
Uhm... I would have, but my mother took back her sewing machine that was sitting in my house for the past year...
I cut out the material, basted it (loosely sewed it by hand instead of pinning something), put all the pieces together, but my mother took it to her house and actually sewed it on the machine.

anonmommy

Post Wed, Dec 09 2009, 4:17 am
any way to get those belts to israel? id really llike one!
im getting my dh a cappucino/espresso machine for his birthday whcih comes out on chanuka so killing two birds w/ one stone.

Marion

Post Wed, Dec 09 2009, 4:49 am
The new Monopoly World edition.

smilethere

Post Wed, Dec 09 2009, 5:27 am
I think I'll get him a nice expensive bottle of some kind of vodka, that he likes to have on shabbos but never treats himself to. He is totally impossible to think up gifts for!

Ronit

Post Wed, Dec 09 2009, 10:12 am
Seraph wrote:
ClaRivka wrote:
Seraph wrote:
I sewed my husband a work apron so he has extra pockets for things when fixing up things. Little pockets for nails and screws, bigger pocket for cable ties, a long narrow pocket for a hammer, and a big pocket for everything else. I'm giving it to him with a hammer bec his other one broke.

Uhm... I would have, but my mother took back her sewing machine that was sitting in my house for the past year...
I cut out the material, basted it (loosely sewed it by hand instead of pinning something), put all the pieces together, but my mother took it to her house and actually sewed it on the machine.

That sounds nice. I like it cuz it's personal & probaly less likely he'll reject s/t I made. I do have a some fabric from different projects in the house to use. I'm wondering if I should go for it- cuz although he's handy & fixes stuff in the house, it's not often that we need things fixed.

Twizzlers

Post Wed, Dec 09 2009, 10:36 am
anonmommy wrote:
any way to get those belts to israel? id really llike one!

I have someone going in the beginning of january, if you want me to send with her, send me a pm

Seraph

Post Wed, Dec 09 2009, 11:04 am
JudyJudith wrote:
Seraph wrote:
ClaRivka wrote:
Seraph wrote:

That sounds nice. I like it cuz it's personal & probaly less likely he'll reject s/t I made. I do have a some fabric from different projects in the house to use. I'm wondering if I should go for it- cuz although he's handy & fixes stuff in the house, it's not often that we need things fixed.

Here it is. About the colors... its what I had in my house and my husband doesnt mind. as for the green patch with chickens... lets just say it suits my husband.

levial

Post Wed, Dec 09 2009, 1:56 pm
Ah, and I here I thought the cholent belt was a location more southerly than the borscht belt.

DH is getting overshoes. Neo Overshoes that cost $51 with shipping included. They allow you to wear your shabbat shoes to shul as opposed to boots and carrying shoes (so unlike DH to carry anything!) and you step in with shoes on to these boots that are lined (there are warmer versions but they look like they'd make you hot). and zip up/strap it. They're heavier than "totes' or rubbers or whatever you call the simply rubber things. It snows a lot here.

DH is getting cologne since he wears it, and he is almost out of 3 of them. And I like a certain one, so I am buying it.

DH might get a tie if I can sneak out and not have him say "oh, I'll go to Filene's basement, too..."

Dh might get a glitter covered pencil holder if DD has her way.

shiradye

Post Wed, Dec 09 2009, 6:18 pm
One Chanukah I bought DH a pair of slippers "for Chanukah" which he needed at the time. He was annoyed that I bought him s/t "for Chanukah." So, BH, no gifts for DH!

But for anyone who's interested, I once bought him a toolbox for his birthday from Sears. That was one of the best gifts!

NotInNJMommy

Post Wed, Dec 09 2009, 6:23 pm
A tabletop folding shtender to learn at home or when he is at work. (He works in mashgichus, so depending where he is, he can have LOTS of time to learn.)

ClaRivka

Post Wed, Dec 09 2009, 6:33 pm
levial wrote:
Ah, and I here I thought the cholent belt was a location more southerly than the borscht belt.

DH is getting overshoes. Neo Overshoes that cost $51 with shipping included. They allow you to wear your shabbat shoes to shul as opposed to boots and carrying shoes (so unlike DH to carry anything!) and you step in with shoes on to these boots that are lined (there are warmer versions but they look like they'd make you hot). and zip up/strap it. They're heavier than "totes' or rubbers or whatever you call the simply rubber things. It snows a lot here.

DH is getting cologne since he wears it, and he is almost out of 3 of them. And I like a certain one, so I am buying it.

DH might get a tie if I can sneak out and not have him say "oh, I'll go to Filene's basement, too..."

Dh might get a glitter covered pencil holder if DD has her way.

My father has those. He likes them.

neverbored

Post Wed, Dec 09 2009, 6:57 pm
shiradye wrote:

But for anyone who's interested, I once bought him a toolbox for his birthday from Sears. That was one of the best gifts!

My Dh wouldn't know what to do with that!

Ronit

Post Wed, Dec 09 2009, 7:10 pm
All your ideas are great, but most of these things, eithrer Dh doesn't use or he buys himself the things he needs.

I'm thinking of giving him one little gift each night prepared near the chanuka lecht.

The ideas I came up with are:
1. work apron (seraph)
2. steal his gold pen & give it back to him w/ his name engraved.
3. dunno
4. dunno
5. dunno
6. dunno

I know there are 8 night chanuka. But I don't need a/t for the two friday nights cuz he'll be rushing off to shul...

Ronit

Post Wed, Dec 09 2009, 7:13 pm
tabletop shtender, drill, tool box, belts, vodka

Dh has all those. Humph

bnm

Post Wed, Dec 09 2009, 8:42 pm
I ordered it for our anniversary but it came late-a keychain digital photo frame. I'll fill it with some nice family pictures.

jewels

Post Thu, Dec 10 2009, 12:26 am
neverbored wrote:
shiradye wrote:

My Dh wouldn't know what to do with that!

Neither would mine! The tool case is for me Wink My Dh is getting either a nice wallet or blackberry case. Boring to be sure, but useful.

pinkbubbles

Post Thu, Dec 10 2009, 2:15 am
Presents in the past have been: ties, electric drill set, nice key chain, upgraded his wallet, made him a bday cake/favorite dinner and I can't remember what else.. I did realize he likes designer things (hes not like that generally but appreciates it for presents) so when we were engaged I got him an Armani watch. I think for this Chanukah I'll get him some things from Calvin Klein, comfortable lounge pants or something.

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Dec 10 2009, 10:46 am
I got dh a just for Shabbos bag for his Shabbos tallis, with his name on it.

I also got him an Ipod, a lottery ticket, a bar of chocolate, a box of mini Larabars, a bag of Nugo bars, and an assortment of lotions - anti stress and shea butter.

Ronit

Post Thu, Dec 10 2009, 10:53 am
chocolate moose wrote:
I got dh a just for Shabbos bag for his Shabbos tallis, with his name on it.I also got him an Ipod, a lottery ticket, a bar of chocolate, a box of mini Larabars, a bag of Nugo bars, and an assortment of lotions - anti stress and shea butter.

DH has one already. He is so not the lotion type.

The ideas I came up with are:
1. work apron (seraph)
2. steal his gold pen & give it back to him w/ his name engraved.
3. lottery tickets (choc moose)
4. dunno
5. dunno
6. dunno

Ronit

Post Thu, Dec 10 2009, 10:55 am
choc moose I was thinking of an ipod, but would have no idea what to get. He once mentioned to me that he would love to have one where he can download shiurim & music. I guess s/t small & he doesn't want the net on it.
Page 4 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics