Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Why are you fat?
Previous  1  2  3  4

amother

Post Wed, Dec 04 2013, 10:00 pm
I am fat because I have a terrible terrible sweet tooth. And I love starchy foods. Love. And I can eat a lot. I also feel that maybe it is partly because my mother was a health nut and hardly ever allowed nosh in the house. I would sneak junk food at school when I was a kid. Buy from canteen, etc.

Also the round genes that run in my family don't really help.

I also deal with a lot of stress and I tend to eat it. Doesn't a chocolate bar help you feel better? I know I should stop and I sometimes do. Sometimes for months at a time. And I lose some weight and feel better and have more energy. But inevitably something starts me on a downward spiral again. Usually it starts with just a small piece of this or a taste of that, and before I know it I am eating fistfuls of jellybeans. Sad

It is depressing and embarrassing that I can't get a hold of myself. I hate it.

detroitmom

Post Thu, Dec 05 2013, 2:23 am
I am about 20 lbs overweight.

I don't exercise enough.

I gained weight from being on bc.

My family is not skinny, there is genetics too. We are all short and pudgy with skinny legs. I am only skinny if I starve myself.

I eat a very balanced and healthy diet though.

I carry it well though and most people find me attractive anyway.

amother

Post Thu, Dec 05 2013, 2:37 am
Interesting, I tend to under eat when I'm stressed. I lost 30 lbs in 3 months due to a major medical trauma...,I've since gained back only 5 and was a asize 10 before losing. I look sickly but can't open my appetite. I don't mind going hungry . But.I do mind my clothing swimming on me and I don't have the time for shopping... Crying

greenfire

Post Thu, Dec 05 2013, 2:38 pm
I'm NOT fat ~ I'm voluptuous

allrgymama

Post Thu, Dec 05 2013, 4:30 pm
I didn't read the entire thread because the whole concept of the thread is confusing to me. So I will stand up for this:

I am significantly overweight. Obese, but not morbidly so. I should be able to eat 2,000 calories a day (by nearly all accounts of every medical professional I've spoken with) and lose weight. I don't. I have to fight to eat that many calories a day. I don't nosh. I don't eat a lot of fatty or fried foods. I try to be aware of whole grains vs white flour and to eat vegetables.

I did the Band as well, which didn't help at all. I am just more restricted than what I was in what I can eat (even less hungry, eating less at a seating, can't eat until 11 at the morning, and with difficulty. AND my Band is totally loose).

My doctors keep checking my thyroid because they cannot believe that there isn't something wrong with it.

It has taken me THREE YEARS and constant calorie counting (to make sure that I'm eating enough) to lose thirty pounds. It is not ideal. Some days, it is straight up devastating.

BUT:

It has taught me that not every person who weighs more than they should is the way that they are because they overeat. It has taught me that not every thinner person knows how to control themselves. It has taught me to be more forgiving of the faults I perceive in others and that it is none of my business to judge other people for their behaviors or choices.

greenfire

Post Thu, Dec 05 2013, 4:33 pm
p.s. I didn't read any of the thread
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics