Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Financial Impact of Covid-19 on Yeshivot
Previous  1  2  3  4

amother
Papaya

Post Fri, Apr 17 2020, 1:08 am
mommy3b2c wrote:
I actually would much prefer no tuition and no school. In fact, I am paying tuition and I would still rather no school. Dealing with all the conference calls is stressing me out. My kids aren’t learning anything anyway.

Same. I’m forcing them to be on these measly one hour conference calls. I have to constantly check on them to make sure they are actually listening to what’s going on. It’s a disaster. What am I paying for???

amother
Coffee

Post Fri, Apr 17 2020, 1:11 am
If all of you asked for money back, then you would hear of crying and suddenly impoverished kli Kodesh families who were relying on their parnassah, same as you. You want to be responsible to throw talmidai chachamim into poverty? To take away what little they earn?

It’s time to have bitachon in Hashem, and that bitachon means not causing anguish to people who live on very low salaries and teach your children, many because of their idealism. I was a teacher in a prominent high school. I made less than $20,000 a year for my half-a-day contribution. Much less. I wish I could have stayed in teaching - I couldn’t afford to.

My job has been paying me my salary for my much less work output. All of you who are still pulling a salary - how would you feel if your boss decided you should make half? Or none? I’m grateful to Hashem for my continued parnassah and I’m happy to pay it forward. Even if there was no school at all, which there clearly is.

For those of you who have suddenly found yourself unable to pay tuition and are facing a financial crisis - I hope and pray that Hashem answers all your tefilos soon. And I’m sure the schools will be understanding if you call them.

amother
Royalblue

Post Fri, Apr 17 2020, 1:15 am
I would rather no school to the little my kids are getting. I am anyways paying someone on the side at this point to learn with one of my kids, and I'm thinking of getting someone else to learn with my others, since they are literally getting nothing from the schools.
Hopefully now that yom tov is over, the schools will shape up.
Also, through this whole situation I am able to tell which teachers are actually interested in teaching the kids and which teachers are only in it for the money unfortunately.

Sewsew_mom

Post Fri, Apr 17 2020, 1:43 am
I also agree to shut schools rather than conference calls. As much as they are trying I don't see it working out. I'm constantly bugging my son to stop playing Lego and stop turning upside down on a chair while the rebbe is teaching 🙄. My girls never want to call in and argue with me.. unfortunately I don't see why I should need to pay tuition for the 45 mnts the teachers are on with the kids saying hello and singing songs. Prefer to buy the kids workbooks and projects for the remainder of the year 🤷‍♀️. but I do appreciate the work the teachers are putting in and I wish this situation never would have happened... But reality is were all in a pickle and it's a lose lose.

naturalmom5

Post Fri, Apr 17 2020, 8:10 am
Most of these schools will just have to bite the bullet and go Zoom and other technologies

America was also a TREIF EVIL PLACE, until our grandparents finally had no choice but to come

Cyberspace is our generation's America....

amother
OP

Post Mon, Apr 20 2020, 10:03 am
Posting deleted as I was not of sound mind!

Sewsew_mom

Post Mon, Apr 20 2020, 11:03 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Perhaps Hashem is inflicting a vastly higher rate of infection and fatalities in our community because we believe these statements a little too strongly?

😳 What??
Rule number one.. We don't know hashem cheshbonos. Def not your job to try and figure out why..
And I sincerely hope you were joking.
Or maybe I misunderstood what you said which is Def a probability..

amother
Lawngreen

Post Mon, Apr 20 2020, 11:07 am
avrahamama wrote:
We have been pushing even harder to pay off our tuition this year. Usually we carry a balance and it's hard. But the idea of our children's rebbe and morahs not having paychecks breaks our hearts. So it's hard and business isn't what it could be. But knowing rebbe has what to feed his children is a great consolation to us.

That being said. I'm home with the kids. And took off this year. So we don't have my income. But I'm less crazy and unhinged. Lol

If yeshiva won’t pay their teachers and rabbaim then the government will. Under the care act which was put into place because of corona a person can get up to $600 more a week from their regular pay check if they can’t work due to corona. Yeshiva should lay off all their secretaries and teachers because the government will pay their salary plus more. Why should the salary come from Yiddeshe gelt if the government is willing to pay it and then yeshiva should be giving a tuition break because they don’t have a huge payroll to pay.

The reason why many yeshiva aren’t doing this is bec under this act if any employer pays their staff and continues to pay they can get up to ten million dollars back from the government so many schools are happy to double dip to force parents to pay tuition bec they have to pay their staff but then to go to the government and ask for money back bec they pay their staff.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Mon, Apr 20 2020, 11:11 am
amother [ Coffee ] wrote:
If all of you asked for money back, then you would hear of crying and suddenly impoverished kli Kodesh families who were relying on their parnassah, same as you. You want to be responsible to throw talmidai chachamim into poverty? To take away what little they earn?

It’s time to have bitachon in Hashem, and that bitachon means not causing anguish to people who live on very low salaries and teach your children, many because of their idealism. I was a teacher in a prominent high school. I made less than $20,000 a year for my half-a-day contribution. Much less. I wish I could have stayed in teaching - I couldn’t afford to.

My job has been paying me my salary for my much less work output. All of you who are still pulling a salary - how would you feel if your boss decided you should make half? Or none? I’m grateful to Hashem for my continued parnassah and I’m happy to pay it forward. Even if there was no school at all, which there clearly is.

For those of you who have suddenly found yourself unable to pay tuition and are facing a financial crisis - I hope and pray that Hashem answers all your tefilos soon. And I’m sure the schools will be understanding if you call them.

Again we are not asking the teachers not to get paid let them go on unemployment what is wrong with that? They will even make an extra $600 a week so that’s $2400 a month.

And if your employer is still paying you it’s because he’s taking for himself the extra $600 a week that you would be getting if he wasn’t paying you.

So many families are really strapped right now why are we forcing them to pay tuition when the government is willing to pay these bills right now?
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics