Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
My unorthodox life-season 2
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

amother
DarkMagenta

Post Thu, Nov 18 2021, 4:20 am
https://www.eonline.com/amp/ne.....ak-up

My Unorthodox Life Star Batsheva Haart and Husband Ben Weinstein Break Up
My Unorthodox Life star Batsheva Haart has split with her husband Ben Weinstein after more than nine years of marriage.

amother
Maroon

Post Thu, Nov 18 2021, 5:41 am
It’s possible that she was the unhappy one. She’s the one who filed for divorce.

amother
DarkMagenta

Post Thu, Nov 18 2021, 5:59 am
amother [ Maroon ] wrote:
It’s possible that she was the unhappy one. She’s the one who filed for divorce.

Hmm yaa could be guessing both unhappy lots of lifestyle changes seems not adjusting to it at tge same time - definitely a cause for stress, tension and problems.

I wish them both happiness and trust that their wanting to divorce is mutual..

pause

Post Thu, Nov 18 2021, 6:14 am
I saw it coming unfortunately. He wasn't comfortable with where she was heading even though he allowed himself to be shlepped along. I guess at a certain point reality hit him... She changed a lot since they got married and although he was supportive, it doesn't mean he was happy about it.

Zehava

Post Thu, Nov 18 2021, 6:50 am
pause wrote:
I saw it coming unfortunately. He wasn't comfortable with where she was heading even though he allowed himself to be shlepped along. I guess at a certain point reality hit him... She changed a lot since they got married and although he was supportive, it doesn't mean he was happy about it.

I personally think it’s more about the fact that her mother controlled everything and there was no privacy. But who knows

amother
Maroon

Post Thu, Nov 18 2021, 6:54 am
pause wrote:

I think it might have been that he was ok with moving to the left but it was hard for him that she was much more successful in their new situation and he is kind of floundering professionally. That’s hard for a lot of men.

Also he wants babies now and she wants to wait.

toysrus

Post Thu, Nov 18 2021, 6:55 am
I had heard of unorthodox before, but never looked into it till now, it's literally painful and sickening

sequoia

Post Thu, Nov 18 2021, 6:58 am
If Julia is so controlling IRL and it’s not just a shtick for the show, no one in that family can be happy.

amother
Puce

Post Thu, Nov 18 2021, 7:10 am
sequoia wrote:
If Julia is so controlling IRL and it’s not just a shtick for the show, no one in that family can be happy.

From my limited perspective (watched the show, dont' know the family, take everything presented as "real" on reality tv with an enormous grain of salt), I agree 100%. Once you strip away the religious aspect of the story, she's the caricature of a controlling and overly-involved MIL with no sense of appropriate boundaries. That's not healthy for anyone, Orthodox or not.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Thu, Nov 18 2021, 7:26 am
I hope Ben is still religious

flowerpower

Post Thu, Nov 18 2021, 7:40 am
I’m so happy that they got divorced. Hope Ben finds a normal girl from a normal stable family and they lead a nice jewish frum lifestyle soon....

devo1982

Post Thu, Nov 18 2021, 7:49 am
I'm sad to hear this for Ben and Bat, but you could see cracks in season 1. Between her influencer career and him feeling (justifiably) annoyed that their entire life had to be a staged moment and, more importantly, her continually moving the timeline for starting a family, I'm really not surprised. Even allowing for a delayed TTC timeline given the changes in their life, sorting out observance levels, etc - it's gone on a long time for someone who entered the marriage likely thinking he would be a parent within a year or two of marriage.

I hope they both find happiness.

amother
Fern

Post Thu, Nov 18 2021, 7:52 am
amother [ Pumpkin ] wrote:
I hope Ben is still religious

I hope he os still sane.

amother
Yellow

Post Thu, Nov 18 2021, 8:48 am
amother [ Maroon ] wrote:
I think it might have been that he was ok with moving to the left but it was hard for him that she was much more successful in their new situation and he is kind of floundering professionally. That’s hard for a lot of men.

Also he wants babies now and she wants to wait.

well they were married for nine freaking years; he can hardly be called impatient. another year and the rabbanim would have telling them to divorce anyway.

amother
Green

Post Thu, Nov 18 2021, 8:50 am
amother [ Yellow ] wrote:
well they were married for nine freaking years; he can hardly be called impatient. another year and the rabbanim would have telling them to divorce anyway.

You mean the Rabbanim that are endorsing this series?? LOL
The vaad behind the scenes...
What a funny thing to say.

essie14

Post Thu, Nov 18 2021, 8:54 am
amother [ Green ] wrote:
You mean the Rabbanim that are endorsing this series?? LOL
The vaad behind the scenes...
What a funny thing to say.

Yeah, no one on that show is listening to any rabbanim LOL

amother
Navy

Post Thu, Nov 18 2021, 8:55 am
OMG- do you people realize that you know NOTHING, absolutely NOTHING about these people??? You have NOOOO idea why they are getting divorced. You’re welcome to speculate, but just know that you sound absolutely ridiculous.

amother
Green

Post Thu, Nov 18 2021, 8:56 am
essie14 wrote:
Yeah, no one on that show is listening to any rabbanim LOL

What?? You mean they didn't ask for a heter for BC?

amother
Green

Post Thu, Nov 18 2021, 8:58 am
amother [ Navy ] wrote:
OMG- do you people realize that you know NOTHING, absolutely NOTHING about these people??? You have NOOOO idea why they are getting divorced. You’re welcome to speculate, but just know that you sound absolutely ridiculous.

Eh... we have brains.
I wouldn't say we know NOTHING about these people.... We know quite a bit. A couple of hours worth of a series and much more that was said between the lines.

amother
Jetblack

Post Thu, Nov 18 2021, 8:59 am
LovesHashem wrote:
He still put on tefilin daily and she and her family mocked him for that. They said get rid of those old dusty boxes. He didn't want to eat pork necessarily and wanted to keep some semblance of shabbos I believe.

Also Bat's family told her many times to break up, they pressured her a lot. Her mother asked questions and prodded into their sx life.....her sister literally told Bat you're wasting your life being with this guy, and Bat was constantly defending her decision to stay with him.

I can totally see this happening.

And do you think that now Bat will keep nothing and end up like Miriam now? Didnt think Miriam was the type to say that from the bits and pieces I've heard and watched.

Didn't watch the show, but Ben ate semi kosher and kept semi shabbos?
Page 4 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics