Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Dinner for neighbor
Previous  1  2  3  4

amother
Vermilion

Post Thu, Aug 17 2023, 11:28 am
I didn't read the whole thread but I'm going to dump some thoughts here.

When my second was born my in laws came for a month. I didn't ask for a meal train because I felt it was unfair if my in laws were coming. Turns out my mil needs 4 uninterrupted hours to cook dinner. So I could either have her watch my toddler or have her make dinner, not both. So there I was with a 4 day old baby making dinner every night.

When my third was born we took meals from right after the bris when my parents and in laws ( BH) left. Everyone who came to drop off was shocked by how calm my house was, as I sat on my front porch watching my kids play outside while holding a sleeping baby. It only was that way because I knew dinner was being delivered and I didn't have to spend time inside cooking, it made a huge difference in my life.

A friend of mine had a baby 6 weeks after me, and then went to her mother's for a month. When she returned home (with a one month old) someone set up a meal train for her. A mutual friend texted me to ask if I could help because she's desperate. Umm, I have 3 kids including a 2.5 month. She has 1 1 month old. She had specific dietary needs that contradict my family's allergies, so I would need to make her a totally seperate supper. No way. But I did text her to offer to pick up groceries. She never answered.

The other big factor for me is that I can't go deliver dinner at 6:00, I'm busy feeding my family then. I'm not putting everyone in the car to drop off dinner. I can do Sunday if it isn't claimed yet, but that's it.

amother
Red

Post Thu, Aug 17 2023, 12:20 pm
amother Amber wrote:
A mother can make dinner 1-2 weeks postpartum, while caring for and possibly nursing a newborn

But a healthy father cannot ever make dinner on his own

Make it make sense
It makes sense to them

amother
Goldenrod

Post Thu, Aug 17 2023, 12:27 pm
True chessed is doing what another person needs, not doing the chessed the way you want to.
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette