Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs
Exciting news to share and a hashgacha pratis story 4 u
Previous  1  2  3  4  5

Seraph

Post Wed, Nov 24 2010, 10:20 pm
pina colada wrote:
Seraph wrote:
hila wrote:
Sounds great. Now we know why all the questions about American bank accounts Wink

Can we gt copies of this magazine here in EY ?
Haha, the question about american bank accounts wasn't just about that. I also get paid from google ads through my american bank account.
Yes, the magazine will definitely be available in Israel.

google ads on your blog? cool Smile
Yup, google ads. The pay is measly though. I'm looking for site sponsors which pays a little more.

Blimi

Post Thu, Nov 25 2010, 10:29 am
I'm happy for you Seraph and I look forward to seeing your collumn when the mag comes out in EY.

But after reading your story I'm a bit confused about how this is going to solve your parnassa probs. You must be really frugal if earning an extra $50+- a week is going to take you from desperately considering moving to America to financial security?????

Ronit

Post Thu, Nov 25 2010, 9:21 pm
Seraph, it was nice to see your article in print.

I told dh that I need a copy, bec I want to check out your column. He got a kick out of it.

I didn't get to read anything else yet.

Seraph

Post Thu, Nov 25 2010, 9:33 pm
Blimi wrote:
I'm happy for you Seraph and I look forward to seeing your collumn when the mag comes out in EY.

But after reading your story I'm a bit confused about how this is going to solve your parnassa probs. You must be really frugal if earning an extra $50+- a week is going to take you from desperately considering moving to America to financial security?????
You know, first of all, your question is a little nosy.
Second of all, I'm not discussing with you how much I make.
Third of all, getting one publishing job is a stepping stone to getting more. Once you're known in the writing world, its easier to get other writing jobs, and while it doesn't solve our financial problems 100%, it is a big step forward.
Also, even 50 dollars per week goes a lot farther a) in Israel, b) when you're frugal.
Hashem also arranged for me to have some other jobs as well.

Last edited by Seraph on Thu, Nov 25 2010, 10:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

Chloe

Post Thu, Nov 25 2010, 9:36 pm
Seraph, just wanted to say that even before I skimmed through Ami I went to find your article and read it. I think I chose B on your quiz and am staying tuned to your future articles.
Lots of Hatzlach!

Seraph

Post Thu, Nov 25 2010, 9:42 pm
Chloe wrote:
Seraph, just wanted to say that even before I skimmed through Ami I went to find your article and read it. I think I chose B on your quiz and am staying tuned to your future articles.
Lots of Hatzlach!
Thank you! I feel really honored.

Blimi

Post Thu, Nov 25 2010, 11:46 pm
Seraph wrote:
Blimi wrote:

Third of all, getting one publishing job is a stepping stone to getting more. Once you're known in the writing world, its easier to get other writing jobs, and while it doesn't solve our financial problems 100%, it is a big step forward.
Also, even 50 dollars per week goes a lot farther a) in Israel, b) when you're frugal.

sorry don't mean to be nosy. I also live in EY. I'm always amazed when people tell me that they are so relieved that they got some little job because their parnassa situation was so desperate. I work long hours in a job with a "good salary" and we can't get by. How every other woman is doing it on part-time, low-paying jobs is one of the world's unsolved mysteries for me. If you live in the haredi world, I'm sure you know what I mean.
Wishing you a lot of hatzlacha with your parnassa and your column!

Seraph

Post Thu, Nov 25 2010, 11:53 pm
Blimi wrote:
Seraph wrote:
Blimi wrote:

sorry don't mean to be nosy. I also live in EY. I'm always amazed when people tell me that they are so relieved that they got some little job because their parnassa situation was so desperate. I work long hours in a job with a "good salary" and we can't get by. How every other woman is doing it on part-time, low-paying jobs is one of the world's unsolved mysteries for me. If you live in the haredi world, I'm sure you know what I mean.
Wishing you a lot of hatzlacha with your parnassa and your column!
Well, if you want to know how to get by on a little money, read my blog and my column and implement the stuff that I write. No need to work your tuchas off if you still can't get by financially.
Other women on part time low paying jobs arent making it- they're receiving tzedaka or help from family.
I DO manage on a low paying job by being frugal.

jelibean

Post Fri, Nov 26 2010, 6:22 am
Has anyone read Rav Shalom Arush's newest book in English, The Garden of Riches? IMO, it's a must read for every Jew.

Wondering when Ami will make its way to my way, way OOT neck of the woods...

HindaRochel

Post Sat, Nov 27 2010, 8:14 am
Anyone have the book in English who is willing to lend it to me?
Page 5 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5 Recent Topics