Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Should I take back 20-year-old baby clothing?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

amother
Pearl

Post Mon, Apr 24 2017, 4:40 pm
mommy3b2c wrote:
Yes it is back in style. For pictures it is worn without a shirt. Otherwise it is worn with a plain white shell.

My baby in his lederhosen:

I think your baby's suspenders are attached to the wrong button. Wink

sky

Post Mon, Apr 24 2017, 4:41 pm
SixOfWands wrote:

OK, I do judge one thing -- kids should be in clothes they can play in.

Yes I have a friend who brags that her boys pants are so tight they can't ride their bikes!!!

I guess I do care about how others dress their kids.

mommy3b2c

Post Mon, Apr 24 2017, 4:45 pm
amother wrote:

They are. I was in a big rush. Don't worry, I fixed them when we got there. 😉Just couldn't afford to have him cry.

greenfire

Post Mon, Apr 24 2017, 4:48 pm
amother wrote:

yeah that was annoying me as well Wink

amother
Pearl

Post Mon, Apr 24 2017, 4:51 pm
mommy3b2c wrote:
They are. I was in a big rush. Don't worry, I fixed them when we got there. 😉Just couldn't afford to have him cry.

I wasn't worried. And he looks cute anyway. Smile

amother
Pearl

Post Mon, Apr 24 2017, 4:59 pm
So I'm going through this bag of stuff I just got back, and there's a pair of Bugle Boy overalls. Does Bugle Boy even exist anymore? The overalls are something like this, just in shorts instead of pants. http://www.next.co.il/en/g6a266s1#750262

allthingsblue

Post Mon, Apr 24 2017, 5:06 pm
sky wrote:
Yes I have a friend who brags that her boys pants are so tight they can't ride their bikes!!!

I guess I do care about how others dress their kids.

What's brag-worthy about that?

sky

Post Mon, Apr 24 2017, 5:09 pm
I guess its a measurement of how stylish her boys are? What It is important to her.

Raisin

Post Mon, Apr 24 2017, 5:13 pm
mommy3b2c wrote:
Yes it is back in style. For pictures it is worn without a shirt. Otherwise it is worn with a plain white shell.

My baby in his lederhosen:

This is a cute outfit, but why can't it be worn with a short sleeved collared shirt or polo shirt? Why just a plain tshirt?

mommy3b2c

Post Mon, Apr 24 2017, 5:23 pm
Raisin wrote:
This is a cute outfit, but why can't it be worn with a short sleeved collared shirt or polo shirt? Why just a plain tshirt?

Because that's the style😀

Liba

Post Mon, Apr 24 2017, 5:56 pm
Raisin wrote:

often it isn't a plain tshirt, it is a skin tight shell, sometimes shiny, on a little boy. LOL

mommy3b2c

Post Mon, Apr 24 2017, 6:03 pm
Liba wrote:
often it isn't a plain tshirt, it is a skin tight shell, sometimes shiny, on a little boy. LOL

Yes. My son is wearing a shell in the picture. Not shiny though. Plain cotton.

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Apr 24 2017, 6:21 pm
Chayalle wrote:
Just so you know, sometimes it's the kid, not the parents.

I happen to have one child who is my favorite free-spirited little nerd on the planet...try as I might, she has this tendency to look shlumpy. It's like she just wants to look that way, and doesn't care about looks, though she's quite pretty B"AH..... She won't let me do anything cute to her hair (I'm pretty good at little braids, etc...), and she consistently chooses her most nerdy outfit as her favorite. She's sensory, and won't wear certain style clothes (like anything with shirring, or elastic anywhere that's uncomfortable, etc...) or shoes (no ankle straps, preferrably no buckles, will try to escape the house in sneakers on Shabbos afternoon....). I've learned not to buy clothes that she won't wear, and I can't always find fashionable stuff that she will...so lots of compromise comes into play. It's not worth fighting with her, so I tell myself it's okay to not be so fashionable, it's not a crime. I just do my best....

A kindergartner with her own flair is VERY different from a baby or toddler. When a child is aware enough to have their own tastes, and has sensory issues on top of it, you need to be willing to compromise and get creative (like my DD!)

A baby or toddler has no need to impress anyone, or to express a desire to be trendy. THAT is all about what the mother wants, and how she wants to impress other people. If your biggest concern as a new mom is keeping up with the Shawartz's, at least admit it.

When was the last time you heard an 18mo say "Uch, those shoes are SO last season! Take me to Nordstrom's immediately, and get me the same shoes Dovi has!"

mommy3b2c

Post Mon, Apr 24 2017, 6:23 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
A kindergartner with her own flair is VERY different from a baby or toddler. When a child is aware enough to have their own tastes, and has sensory issues on top of it, you need to be willing to compromise and get creative (like my DD!)

A baby or toddler has no need to impress anyone, or to express a desire to be trendy. THAT is all about what the mother wants, and how she wants to impress other people. If your biggest concern as a new mom is keeping up with the Shawartz's, at least admit it.

When was the last time you heard an 18mo say "Uch, those shoes are SO last season! Take me to Nordstrom's immediately, and get me the same shoes Dovi has!"

I totally admit that dressing my kids in the latest trends is complete shtuss. But there is a happy medium.

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Apr 24 2017, 6:31 pm
mommy3b2c wrote:
Or maybe some do 😀

http://I.imgur.com/1ZhUCeE.jpg

Your toddler is adorable, but why, for the love of puppies, WHY do you need to dress him up as a Keebler Elf? shock

Those knit things look like badly sewn pot holders, and you didn't want to insult Grandma so you have to take a pic to send her.

It also looks itchy.

SixOfWands

Post Mon, Apr 24 2017, 6:40 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
Your toddler is adorable, but why, for the love of puppies, WHY do you need to dress him up as a Keebler Elf? shock

Those knit things look like badly sewn pot holders, and you didn't want to insult Grandma so you have to take a pic to send her.

It also looks itchy.

It doesn't look itchy, but I don't get the concept of a chunky knit (tends to be warm) worn without a shirt).

IME suspenders like that tend to fall down and be very annoying. Violating my "can be played in" rule. But other than that, your kid, your taste, enjoy.

MagentaYenta

Post Mon, Apr 24 2017, 6:42 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:

It also looks itchy.

Thank you.

I can't believe these little knit things are back in style. I recall them from pre WW2 baby pics of cousins. I hated them then and hated them now. Is this an east coast fashion trend for frum kids? Here on the left coast I see my fair share of toddler boys in cute plain pull on pants and a jersey of some kind. No leggings, no white shirts and clip on ties.

mommy3b2c

Post Mon, Apr 24 2017, 6:45 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
It doesn't look itchy, but I don't get the concept of a chunky knit (tends to be warm) worn without a shirt).

IME suspenders like that tend to fall down and be very annoying. Violating my "can be played in" rule. But other than that, your kid, your taste, enjoy.

It's quite comfortable for play, and a very thin knit. But thanks for not caring what my kid wears😉

SixOfWands

Post Mon, Apr 24 2017, 6:56 pm
mommy3b2c wrote:
It's quite comfortable for play, and a very thin knit. But thanks for not caring what my kid wears😉

You know, YOU were the one who said

Quote:
Perhaps I should be embarrassed to admit this, but when I see poorly dressed children, I do wonder they their mothers can't dress their children normally.

So you certainly have no right to complain when others do the same. Although, FTR, I didn't. I honest to goodness don't care how you dress your kid.

But I also don't think that the OP of this thread should spend a lot of money that she doesn't have because people are all judgy-judgy about whether infant sweatpants are too wide in the leg, or (as in another thread) have a somewhat dated logo on the overalls. The fact is that no matter how we dress our kids, they're going to laugh about the hideous styles when they're teens.

mommy3b2c

Post Mon, Apr 24 2017, 7:01 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
So you certainly have no right to complain when others do the same. Although, FTR, I didn't. I honest to goodness don't care how you dress your kid.

But I also don't think that the OP of this thread should spend a lot of money that she doesn't have because people are all judgy-judgy about whether infant sweatpants are too wide in the leg, or (as in another thread) have a somewhat dated logo on the overalls. The fact is that no matter how we dress our kids, they're going to laugh about the hideous styles when they're teens.

I totally don't care if people wonder why I dress my kids the way I do. Does it look like I'm complaining? This thread (or at least my part of it) is completely amusing to me. And I totally agree that op should not spend money she doesn't have. I do think she needs to make sure her child looks presentable. But I haven't seen the clothing in question, so I can't make a judgement about that.
Page 5 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics