Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Parnassah comes from hashem.
Previous  1  2  3  4  5

amother
Babyblue

Post Tue, Jul 31 2018, 7:14 pm
rydys wrote:
So how do you explain someone who is naturally brilliant and does not study at all and someone who is not very smart and studies for hours on end and just passes the class?

Hashem determined what the person's grades will be, but for some it takes a lot of hishtadlus and for some not much at all.

I'm not sure what your point is but what I'm trying to say is that there isn't ANYTHING that applies to human beings where hashem didn't put a system in place where if we work hard we get more out of it. Obviously, there are exceptions, but I would like to hear one single varafiable example that applies to the klal as a whole, where more hishtadlus doesn't equal better results.

zaq

Post Tue, Jul 31 2018, 7:46 pm
creditcards wrote:
Don't do illegal/or against halacha stuff to earn more money. Money comes from Hashem. You will get your amount that hashem wants to give you so earn it in a strait way.

THIS.

amother
Amethyst

Post Tue, Jul 31 2018, 8:39 pm
amother wrote:
First of all, chesdei hashem, things are working out for you. May it continue. Once again though, you are offering an exception as the rule. The fact that you don't have a high income and are living comfortably doesn't mean that this is typical and people should follow your lead. Most families with low incomes are struggling and are dependant on assistance. This fact doesn't change because bh you are doing well. If a child runs into the street and survives does this prove that there is really no need to train children to be careful? After all, nothing happened to this child.

I got divorced and remarried. I didn't plan on it. Boruch Hashem my new dh earns enough that I don't need to work. When I was divorced, I was told by Shadchanim that men look for a woman with a good Parnassah and that I needed to get a career in order to get remarried. Against all odds I got remarried without a decent Parnassah. This shows you that Parnassah comes from Hashem because without a miracle I wouldn't have been able to get remarried.
Page 5 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5 Recent Topics