Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
My unorthodox life-season 2
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

Genius

Post Thu, Nov 18 2021, 11:59 am
amother [ Navy ] wrote:
OMG- do you people realize that you know NOTHING, absolutely NOTHING about these people??? You have NOOOO idea why they are getting divorced. You’re welcome to speculate, but just know that you sound absolutely ridiculous.

They literally created a reality show of their life. They can’t really be compared to a couple divorcing in meah shearim or expect that kind of privacy.

amother
DarkMagenta

Post Thu, Nov 18 2021, 12:10 pm
Based on this it seems mutual:) BH!!
https://www.usmagazine.com/cel...../amp/

Us Weekly can confirm.

Stars Who Love Watching Reality TV
“Batsheva and Ben are getting divorced,” a source tells Us, noting that the 28-year-old social media influencer has been “living” at mom Julia Haart’s house “the last few weeks.”

The insider adds that their relationship fizzled. “People change and shift, that’s what happened here. They made a loving decision to separate,” the source says.

nylon

Post Thu, Nov 18 2021, 12:13 pm
I feel bad for them. When they got married they didn't sign up for this spotlight. Batsheva may have moved into it, but Ben didn't. It's hard trying to negotiate everything about a marriage while you're being filmed for reality tv.

I try not to have too many opinions about people based on reality shows, but I don't think this show was good for Julia's family.

amother
Navy

Post Thu, Nov 18 2021, 12:14 pm
Genius wrote:
They literally created a reality show of their life. They can’t really be compared to a couple divorcing in meah shearim or expect that kind of privacy.

I’m sure they don’t expect it, but it doesn’t mean that it isn’t repulsive to express glee at their misfortune.
Also, it’s indicative of people’s naïveté that they think that the show gave them any insight into these people. Everything, literally everything, is staged and pre rehearsed. Miriam telling Bat that she and Ben should break up - staged, pre rehearsed, all parties involved knew about this “plot point” beforehand. Same with the jeans discussion.

amother
Green

Post Thu, Nov 18 2021, 12:19 pm
amother [ DarkMagenta ] wrote:

Us Weekly can confirm.

“Batsheva and Ben are getting divorced,” a source tells Us, noting that the 28-year-old social media influencer has been “living” at mom Julia Haart’s house “the last few weeks.”

The insider adds that their relationship fizzled. “People change and shift, that’s what happened here. They made a loving decision to separate,” the source says.

Try to do as many things as you can on your own. … Try to spend as much time on your own together, cooking dinner with each other, doing your own thing to establish your own independence and try not to start off your relationship by being reliant on other people.

...Unless of course its your narcissistic mother that came into money and will control your life in exchange for glamour Rolling Eyes

And I disagree, it isn't glee at somebody elses misfortune,
It is finally a glimpse of reality coming through after this show dragged our community through a mud of lies.

Zehava

Post Thu, Nov 18 2021, 1:05 pm
amother [ DarkMagenta ] wrote:

Us Weekly can confirm.

It’s in the tabloids it must be true🙄

amother
Jade

Post Thu, Nov 18 2021, 1:57 pm
amother [ Green ] wrote:
What?? You mean they didn't ask for a heter for BC?

or for the sperm test he did?? Laugh

amother
Mimosa

Post Thu, Nov 18 2021, 2:00 pm
amother [ Navy ] wrote:
I’m sure they don’t expect it, but it doesn’t mean that it isn’t repulsive to express glee at their misfortune.
Also, it’s indicative of people’s naïveté that they think that the show gave them any insight into these people. Everything, literally everything, is staged and pre rehearsed. Miriam telling Bat that she and Ben should break up - staged, pre rehearsed, all parties involved knew about this “plot point” beforehand. Same with the jeans discussion.

Who's expressing glee?

amother
Brown

Post Thu, Nov 18 2021, 4:41 pm
amother [ Jetblack ] wrote:
And do you think that now Bat will keep nothing and end up like Miriam now? Didnt think Miriam was the type to say that from the bits and pieces I've heard and watched.

Didn't watch the show, but Ben ate semi kosher and kept semi shabbos?

What the heck does semi mean? Either you keep it or dont
Sorry, he really didnt seem like a frum guy to me at all. And im speaking as a modern orthodox person. I lived in the heights up unti a few years ago. I see how some of my husbands friends dress and NONE dressed like him.

I dont understand why batsheva had to take her mothers fake last name instead of weinstein. did she ever mention that?

BrisketBoss

Post Thu, Nov 18 2021, 4:43 pm
amother [ Brown ] wrote:
What the heck does semi mean? Either you keep it or dont

Nahhhh there are levels.

allthingsblue

Post Thu, Nov 18 2021, 4:49 pm
amother [ Navy ] wrote:

So you think Julia’s narcissism is purely staged and in real life she’s not controlling and self centered?

You think Miriam just pretended she meant that but in real life she thought they were great together and there wasn’t a grain of truth behind it?
Reality tv is staged but some of it is actually true. Not the parts they say are true- but the parts that become apparent through their behavior.

amother
Brown

Post Thu, Nov 18 2021, 4:52 pm
BrisketBoss wrote:
Nahhhh there are levels.

Halacha is halacha across the board though

amother
Cognac

Post Thu, Nov 18 2021, 4:57 pm
amother [ Brown ] wrote:
Halacha is halacha across the board though

True
But I know plenty of people who do certain things on Shabbos like rip toilet paper or go swimming but they don’t drive or turn on electronics etc

And they eat some food (vegetables and maybe other things, not sure) in non kosher restaurants but would never eat non kosher meal or milk and meat together.

Wives don’t dress tznius and the men wear yarmulkes only in shul or when eating.

amother
Brown

Post Thu, Nov 18 2021, 5:17 pm
amother [ Cognac ] wrote:
True
But I know plenty of people who do certain things on Shabbos like rip toilet paper or go swimming but they don’t drive or turn on electronics etc

And they eat some food (vegetables and maybe other things, not sure) in non kosher restaurants but would never eat non kosher meal or milk and meat together.

Wives don’t dress tznius and the men wear yarmulkes only in shul or when eating.

so then they cant claim to be shomer shabbos no?
they can see they keep as much as they can, theyre trying... but to say there are different levels of halacha is like saying its a choice about what you can keep and not keep.

I grew up like this... eating kosher meat out of the house but would eat non kosher dairy out, would watch tv if it was on, eat pareve stuff at mcdonalds... you cant really pick and choose. looking back, I wasnt shomer shabbos

amother
DarkMagenta

Post Thu, Nov 18 2021, 5:35 pm
So many levels within considering yourself modern orthodox... or traditional and I feel like he still wanted that connection to Yiddishkeit...

In certain communities especially UWS and UES there are so many different types of keeping kosher / shabbos that might not entirely be considered shomer shabbos but they feel it is...

So yes halacha is halacha but there are many who try their hardest in their circumstances/socially ...

I remember ppl who ate non kosher dairy out but definitely not meat, didn't talk on the phone on shabbos but the housekeeper could sometimes turn on the TV on shabbos... doorman pressed the elevator button and similar things - these ppl honestly tried their best:)

amother
Raspberry

Post Thu, Nov 18 2021, 5:38 pm
BrisketBoss wrote:
Nahhhh there are levels.

Shomer shabbos and kashrus has a minimum. Semi isn't it. He might be attempting and doing his best at keeping what he can, but you can't call him shomer shabbos or kashrus.

rikkik

Post Thu, Nov 18 2021, 6:03 pm
My take:
Every time I looked at Batsheva's instagram (I never watched the videos, bec I didn't want to add to her view count and give her more attention) and saw the lovey dovey pics of her and Ben, hugging, kissing, etc. I thought- I know this is all fake. I know some of the behind the scenes of the show- everything abt it was fake and staged, so their happy pics- I assumed to be fake as well.
That being said, we don't know ANYTHING. Maybe Bat wanted out? Maybe it had nothing to do with religion, just that was the storyline of the show, so they talked abt it.
I always assumed from the pics that he was her "Ken" doll- all dressed up and fashionable for her. But, his instagram post talks abt how much he loves fashion, and wants to dress men stylishly for a Parnassah. Sounds like he was fully on board with a lot of their lifestyle.
Maybe one of the cheated? Maybe she wanted out.
We are all projecting our values on to them.

amother
Navyblue

Post Thu, Nov 18 2021, 6:21 pm
amother [ Navy ] wrote:

Your very naive and innocent.
Reality tv is not a new thing. If it was you can say “poor them, they didn’t know their lives would be in the spotlight for everyone to pick apart”.
They knew good and we’ll what they were getting into.they celebrated their contract all over social media with their eyes wide open.
They sold their privacy for fame and fortune. They know thats the complete nature of reality tv.
Please don’t feel bad for them now, like they had no idea people would discuss them.
They actually want to be discussed. It’s all about the ratings and the money.

amother
Cognac

Post Thu, Nov 18 2021, 6:23 pm
amother [ Brown ] wrote:
so then they cant claim to be shomer shabbos no?
they can see they keep as much as they can, theyre trying... but to say there are different levels of halacha is like saying its a choice about what you can keep and not keep.

I grew up like this... eating kosher meat out of the house but would eat non kosher dairy out, would watch tv if it was on, eat pareve stuff at mcdonalds... you cant really pick and choose. looking back, I wasnt shomer shabbos

They do claim to.

amother
Catmint

Post Thu, Nov 18 2021, 6:33 pm
rikkik wrote:
My take:
Every time I looked at Batsheva's instagram (I never watched the videos, bec I didn't want to add to her view count and give her more attention) and saw the lovey dovey pics of her and Ben, hugging, kissing, etc. I thought- I know this is all fake. I know some of the behind the scenes of the show- everything abt it was fake and staged, so their happy pics- I assumed to be fake as well.
That being said, we don't know ANYTHING. Maybe Bat wanted out? Maybe it had nothing to do with religion, just that was the storyline of the show, so they talked abt it.
I always assumed from the pics that he was her "Ken" doll- all dressed up and fashionable for her. But, his instagram post talks abt how much he loves fashion, and wants to dress men stylishly for a Parnassah. Sounds like he was fully on board with a lot of their lifestyle.
Maybe one of the cheated? Maybe she wanted out.
We are all projecting our values on to them.

Bat can see how many people watch her stories as well so she gets attention from that too. Either way, she just posted that she and Ben agreed to separate. No mention of divorce, only separation (but that doesnt mean that she is not divorced although Ben didnt exactly mention divorce either). You can read her full statement on her stories.

ETA: Ben posted the same statement on his insta stories that Bat posted on hers. My guess would be that this will be one of the story lines for season 2 of Unorthodox and they may "make up" or maybe divorce on the show
Page 5 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics