Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Where are the funny posters?
Previous  1  2  3  4  5

singleagain

Post Thu, May 16 2024, 9:51 pm
amother Slateblue wrote:
I think it has a lot to do with not being able to see an old post from a poster.
I complained about it in the beginning when we were unable to see history of anyone.
It makes people so, not real or just invisible, with no history. I don’t know how to explain it. But I was shot down & yelled at as to why we need to see a posters history. It makes them human & real & have depth.
This way, when you want to see an old post or just some history, it’s vanished into thin air. No substance.
Does anyone else see what I mean. ?

I agree. I strongly disagreed with no history although I sorta understood the paranoia.... On the other hand.. just don't tell certainty things if you don't want it searchable.

I def feel more affinity with posters who's names and pictures I recognize... Especially pictures as I am very visual and will recognize a picture that is not the rose or the default.

ETA there are times I normally would not click into a thread but bc I see a familiar poster as the last poster I click bc I want to see what she said.

write4right

Post Thu, May 16 2024, 10:10 pm
amother Slateblue wrote:
I think it has a lot to do with not being able to see an old post from a poster.
I complained about it in the beginning when we were unable to see history of anyone.
It makes people so, not real or just invisible, with no history. I don’t know how to explain it. But I was shot down & yelled at as to why we need to see a posters history. It makes them human & real & have depth.
This way, when you want to see an old post or just some history, it’s vanished into thin air. No substance.

That feature was removed after the site was already 95% anonymous. The purpose of removing the feature was to encourage people to use their screen name. The feature never helped for all the anonymous posters. And it worked. For example, I'm using my screen name right now. Smile

Queen Of Hearts

Post Thu, May 16 2024, 11:54 pm
amother Slateblue wrote:

Can I ask a serious question-does anyone even have time to go through a posters history?? I don't have enough time to browse current posts when would I have the time or patience to check out old posts? What

Personally I would have no problem with my posting history being public but I see no need for this feature.

tigerwife

Post Fri, May 17 2024, 12:18 am
amother Slateblue wrote:

When you complained, did you do it as amother? Because that would have been hilariously ironic Wink

gr82no

Post Fri, May 17 2024, 12:18 am
Queen Of Hearts wrote:
Can I ask a serious question-does anyone even have time to go through a posters history?? I don't have enough time to browse current posts when would I have the time or patience to check out old posts? What

Personally I would have no problem with my posting history being public but I see no need for this feature.

I used it a few times if someone sounded trollish.
Also there were a few times I remembered someone posted something and I wanted to find that post so I looked through their posts to find it.

I dont feel like taking away that option caused more people to write under their username

zaq

Post Fri, May 17 2024, 2:28 am
amother Slateblue wrote:

I do, but there were too many people going back and deliberately "researching" old posts, painstakingly assembling bits and pieces of info as a means of uncovering people's IRL identities.

And that's also why many people post anon even on innocuous topics--to prevent anyone from collecting such bits and pieces going forward.

If you revealed over the course of several months that you had eight bicycles, seven siblings, six bedrooms, five bookcases, four sons, three cars, two freezers and a partridge in a pear tree, chances are someone you know would ID you if they were collecting this info piece by piece.

Queen Of Hearts

Post Fri, May 17 2024, 7:21 am
gr82no wrote:
I used it a few times if someone sounded trollish.
Also there were a few times I remembered someone posted something and I wanted to find that post so I looked through their posts to find it.

I dont feel like taking away that option caused more people to write under their username

Maybe for a trollish post I would check. But otherwise no.
Page 5 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5 Recent Topics