Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
The OP Challenge!
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

amother
Clear

Post Thu, May 16 2024, 8:15 pm
Trademark wrote:
I almost choked when I heard the questions they asked at the interview where I applied for preschool for my daughter. They wanted to know if I wear a wig or a tichel and if my husband wears cufflinks. You would think this is a newspaper looking for dirt on a politician. Our schools have twisted priorities, do they do anything about our boys vaping? Absolutely not!

Humility
Zoo
Tylenol
Light fixture
Brooklyn
Letter

I really showed the middah of humility this past chol hamoed. I hate zoos but I gave in and we went to the Bronx zoo and were stuck in a lot of traffic. The kids were getting cranky in the car so we played "I spy something that starts with the letter...c". We finally got to the Bronx zoo and since there was no parking, (what else is new??) We went to the prospect park zoo in brooklyn instead. I had a huge headache so I took 2 tylenol in the car and was dreaming about hopping into bed when we got home. However, the electrician had to come fix our light fixture so there went my nap...

Cps
Water pitcher
Goggles
Carpet sweeper
Leichters
Tzitzis

dankbar

Post Thu, May 16 2024, 8:17 pm
I'm going to be altruistic. The first posts I will respond to, will be the ones, that didn't get answered

dankbar

Post Thu, May 16 2024, 8:19 pm
amother Steel wrote:
I went into a liquor store to get a bottle of Bartenura and they were playing acapella music, but I love this song and started singing the chorus to myself.
Then a strange man wearing Tzitzit outside his shirt try to mansplain to me why he thought my voice was so beautiful. And he told me that my band fall was so pretty. He tried mansplaining the history of the song

Was he hitting on me?

Absolutely, that's why women shouldn't go into a liquor store, just like they can't drive.

Isn't there a warning no drinking and driving? So why was only no driving enforced? What about drinking?

Oh because then the women will be shikkur and listen to the men who don't let them drive!

Aha!

dankbar

Post Thu, May 16 2024, 8:23 pm
amother NeonYellow wrote:
Dh has a history of spilling bartenura on his tzitzis and my bandfall. I constantly smell like an alcoholic! He keeps mansplaining his reasoning but it's just a chorus of excuses.

New words
1. Lipstick
2. Artichokes
3. Catastrophic
4. Wicker
5. Artery
6. Film

Is this a vent, or do you actually want advice? If the latter than you have two options Laura Doyle or divorce.

Also book yourself a therapist, if you haven't yet. Oh and I forgot bc Pronto.

dankbar

Post Thu, May 16 2024, 8:35 pm
Imagine my neighbor decided to call cps on us. A chutzpah! When she came to borrow eggs, mind you, she saw the churban my kids made. While I was still asleep, they decided to turn my dining room into a river. They took pitchers of water and spilled it onto the carpet, then they used the carpet sweeper to swoosh the water all around. They turned over the chairs using them as boats. Some were wearing goggles and swimming in the water. Anyway they used my 2 leichter single candlesticks as the oars to go rowing and the string of the tzizis as the rope to tie boat to dock at next destination. I thought they were hilarious, those daredevils of mine.....I think it's so good for their development to use their imagination and creativity. Now.....my neighbor didn't think so......she thought this total neglect and abuse and a real danger because they can drown. She couldn't get over, how I can still laugh? She decided to take matters in her own hands.....as she thinks I'm just crazy. What do you think? Who is right and legit? Would you call cps on your neighbor? What would you do if your neighbor was the one to call cps? Would you look at her again? Would you be moichel her, after she bullied you like that? Just because she wears brand names, she thinks she superior?

Aaaarrrrrgggghhh!!!!!!

dankbar

Post Thu, May 16 2024, 8:38 pm
Birth certificate
Safe
Boundaries
Master bedroom
OOT
Hungry

SnowLeopard

Post Thu, May 16 2024, 9:13 pm
dankbar wrote:
Birth certificate
Safe
Boundaries
Master bedroom
OOT
Hungry

So, I keep my kids’ birth certificates in a fire-proof file safe in the closet in my bedroom. My MIL came in from OOT last week and went into my Master bedroom, claiming she was hungry. I was so mad. She knows where the pantry is! Sometimes I think she has no sense of boundaries at all. I think she was looking for something else. Do you think she found the birth certificates in the safe? Do I need them reissued?

Horse
Blimp
Global warming
Tutus
Cavities
Ice cream

amother
Alyssum

Post Fri, May 17 2024, 4:31 am
amother Alyssum wrote:
Sauna
Airplane
Ten course meal
Ballgown
Scooter
Flip flops.

Wasn’t used.

amother
Crocus

Post Fri, May 17 2024, 6:34 am
amother Steel wrote:
Is this a fairytale or a horror story? I got ta call from the school to pick up my kids because they have lice.
Great. How do I get rid of it naturally.
Natural MamA told me to shmear ketchup on using a baby wipe and let it sit for 1 hr.
Then rinse it using seltzer and the lice comb.
So I tried it, but I couldn’t get the ketchup top off. I used a knife to open it.
The problem is I used a dairy knife.
Can I use the rest of the ketchup for hamburgers tonigh?

LOL LOL

amother
Crocus

Post Fri, May 17 2024, 6:46 am
unnamed wrote:
Whereas I wear make up and jewels just to do the laundry, my chosson serves ice cream and meat with a toilet plunger. Do you think we have potential?

Too funny! LOL LOL

potato

Post Fri, May 17 2024, 6:48 am
[quote="[url=https://www.imamother.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=7644682#7644682][color=black]S

[b]Horse
Blimp
Global warming
Tutus
Cavities
Ice cream[/quote]

Hellllp I cannot get the pounds off. I cut out all ice cream but I still feel like a blimp. My husband says im as big as a horse. And now whenever I put on my tutu its so embarrassing. Could also use recommendations for plus sized tutus. Do you think theres something in the air? Definitely its global warming I mean I cut back my ice cream intake to only 2 a day. Yesterday when I went to the dentist he pulled out my cavities and I didnt even lose a pound! I mean dont cavities weigh something! Seriously need help here!

Expensive socks
Divorce
Back pain
Airplane
Chumus
Elections

amother
Alyssum

Post Fri, May 17 2024, 7:16 am
amother Alyssum wrote:
Wasn’t used.

SuperWify

Post Fri, May 17 2024, 7:41 am
potato wrote:
[/b]

Hellllp I cannot get the pounds off. I cut out all ice cream but I still feel like a blimp. My husband says im as big as a horse. And now whenever I put on my tutu its so embarrassing. Could also use recommendations for plus sized tutus. Do you think theres something in the air? Definitely its global warming I mean I cut back my ice cream intake to only 2 a day. Yesterday when I went to the dentist he pulled out my cavities and I didnt even lose a pound! I mean dont cavities weigh something! Seriously need help here!

Expensive socks
Divorce
Back pain
Airplane
Chumus
Elections

I was sitting on the airplane eating my chummus and carrots. I wanted peace because this was my first flight in a long time without my husband and kids. However, there was no peace to be had.
My back ached from being cramped in the window seat, I had really wanted the isle. A couple in their 40’s were my seatmates. They were arguing nonstop. She said he wasted too much money on expensive socks and designer shoes and fancy gadgets and now she wanted a divorce.
He said she was too addicted to listening to news and politics- specifically the 2024 elections, and that she should be working to fund his lifestyle instead of listening to news podcasts all day.
In addition to my back pain I now had a headache from their bickering. But at least I felt better that my marriage never had such ridiculous arguments, though we sure had our share of fights….
I kept my mouth shut and didn’t stay anything but WWYD in my situation? They ruined my flight.

Peas
Therapist
Television
Blanket
Sick
School

Last edited by SuperWify on Fri, May 17 2024, 7:46 am; edited 1 time in total

SnowLeopard

Post Fri, May 17 2024, 7:42 am
potato wrote:
[/b]

Expensive socks
Divorce
Back pain
Airplane
Chumus
Elections

And allysum’s post:

Sauna
Airplane
Ten course meal
Ballgown
Scooter
Flip flops.

I’m planning on flying in to DC for the Elections, but I need advice. I have really bad back pain since the divorce, and was thinking to wear a ball gown with a corset so it keeps everything in place for the flight, but I’m really debating the pros and cons.

Cons:
-You never know what the temperature will be on the airplane. Sometimes it’s freezing, but what if it’s like a sauna? The ballgown would be way too hot.

-There wouldn’t be enough space to comfortably enjoy my chumus and the ten course meal on the flight.

-I can’t scooter around the airport without getting my dress stuck in the wheels

Pros:
-Back support

-I could get away with wearing expensive socks with flip flops since no one will be able to see my feet under the gown

What do you think? Is it worth wearing the ball gown?

Last edited by SnowLeopard on Fri, May 17 2024, 7:49 am; edited 1 time in total

SnowLeopard

Post Fri, May 17 2024, 7:47 am
SuperWify wrote:
I was sitting on the airplane eating my chummus and carrots. I wanted peace because this was my first flight in a long time without my husband and kids. However, there was no peace to be had.
My back ached from being cramped in the window seat, I had really wanted the isle. A couple in their 40’s were my seatmates. They were arguing nonstop. She said he wasted too much money on expensive socks and designer shoes and fancy gadgets and now she wanted a divorce.
He said she was too addicted to listening to news and politics- specifically the 2024 elections, and that she should be working to fund his lifestyle instead of listening to news podcasts all day.
In addition to my back pain I now had a headache from their bickering. But at least I felt better that my marriage never had such ridiculous arguments, though we sure had our share of fights….

Peas
Therapist
Television
Blanket
Sick
School

Hahah this is great!

I’m a therapist and I earn peas! I have been considering going back to school to become a doctor and trying to figure out if it’s worth it. I don’t want to get sick from exposure so so many patients, so that’s my first concern. My second concern is that I’m quite lazy, and would much rather watch television under my cozy blanket on the couch than go back to school for so many years! What do you think? Is it worth it?

Guarantee
Ice hockey
Purple
Bow and arrow
Squids
Nail polish

SuperWify

Post Fri, May 17 2024, 7:56 am
SnowLeopard wrote:
Hahah this is great!

I’m a therapist and I earn peas! I have been considering going back to school to become a doctor and trying to figure out if it’s worth it. I don’t want to get sick from exposure so so many patients, so that’s my first concern. My second concern is that I’m quite lazy, and would much rather watch television under my cozy blanket on the couch than go back to school for so many years! What do you think? Is it worth it?

Guarantee
Ice hockey
Purple
Bow and arrow
Squids
Nail polish

I had just got my nails done. I chose a lovely bright purple. The salon has a 3-day guarantee on any chipped or cracked nail.

The next day I went to my weekly ice hockey class as usual. When I got on the rink there was a giant squid chilling on the ice, so I turned back and skated off as fast as I could. Meanwhile, the manager who did not have a gun, was trying to shoot the beast with a toy bow and arrow. He was not successful and the squid was closing in on me. I skated faster but I tripped and fell and broke my nail. But then the animal control came and took care of it.
I meanwhile, went straight back to the salon to get my nail fixed but they said it’s the squids fault and it must pay.

Do you think that is fair???? And how do I get a squid to pay?

Kids
Kiss
Store
Alien
Leaves
Tango

B'Syata D'Shmya

Post Fri, May 17 2024, 8:00 am
Does anyone else notice how often we are using the word "ice cream"?

BusyBoys

Post Fri, May 17 2024, 8:35 am
SuperWify wrote:
I had just got my nails done. I chose a lovely bright purple. The salon has a 3-day guarantee on any chipped or cracked nail.

The next day I went to my weekly ice hockey class as usual. When I got on the rink there was a giant squid chilling on the ice, so I turned back and skated off as fast as I could. Meanwhile, the manager who did not have a gun, was trying to shoot the beast with a toy bow and arrow. He was not successful and the squid was closing in on me. I skated faster but I tripped and fell and broke my nail. But then the animal control came and took care of it.
I meanwhile, went straight back to the salon to get my nail fixed but they said it’s the squids fault and it must pay.

Do you think that is fair???? And how do I get a squid to pay?

Kids
Kiss
Store
Alien
Leaves
Tango

There’s this new store “tango” that opened in my neighborhood.
Seems like they sell dried leaves imported by aliens from space.
My kids were so excited to check it out. As we walked in, we saw the aliens were there manning the registers as well. As a welcoming gesture, they gave each of my kids a kiss.
Can I sue for harassment??

Friday
Cake
Jewelry
Couch
Bus
Railroad

amother
Alyssum

Post Fri, May 17 2024, 8:38 am
BusyBoys wrote:
There’s this new store “tango” that opened in my neighborhood.
Seems like they sell dried leaves imported by aliens from space.
My kids were so excited to check it out. As we walked in, we saw the aliens were there manning the registers as well. As a welcoming gesture, they gave each of my kids a kiss.
Can I sue for harassment??

Friday
Cake
Jewelry
Couch
Bus
Railroad

It’s Friday and I still need to bake a cake for shabbos. I took a bus to the railroad station which is close to the jewlery store and it might close before I get there since it’s a short day.
I can’t wait to rest on the couch Friday night with my magazines as I’m so wiped out.

Scissor
Ultrasound
Stop light
Tablecloth
Balloons
Bed

amother
NeonPink

Post Fri, May 17 2024, 2:54 pm
My neighbor had twins yesterday so as a good neighbor I ran to visit. I drove so fast I didn't stop at red or stop light. Her bed was surrounded in balloons and gifts and it had barely been 24hours! To my surprise she didn't look happy, In fact she looked miserable! She showed me a blanket her motherinlaw had sent and with real tears complained it looked like a tablecloth! She said she wants to leave it laying around with a scissor hoping her 3year old will destroy it beyond repair. I was really disturbed. Is this the generation today? I'm nervous to marry off my sons! I tried to distract her and asked to see her ultrasound pics which she showed me. They were honestly more interesting than the twins who were red-faced and scrawny(I didn't tell her)
Please reassure me this is not typical of today's girls Confused

Hotel
Skates
Nosh
IDF
Raffle
Motherinlaw
Page 5 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics