Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
What's your BMI?
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

Marigold

Post Tue, Jan 12 2010, 5:11 pm
gold21 wrote:
heffer you probably messed up your BMI calculator. maybe try again? cuz it doesnt seem to make sense. my bmi is in the 19s and 20s and I aint no size zero!! (im a 4 on top, 6 on bottom)

That's what I am too.

mynameismom

Post Tue, Jan 12 2010, 6:32 pm
im 29.6, ive been losing weight, I used to weight more but I love the way I look now, I do hope to get in "normal range just for health reasons

be a mentch

Post Tue, Jan 12 2010, 6:46 pm

mummiedearest

Post Tue, Jan 12 2010, 6:55 pm

to the poster who asked why "uch?":

I can't answer for everyone else, but I think I look too skinny. is it normal to feel too skinny at 21.2, assuming this is fairly accurate? though I really don't think it is, it doesn't take basic skeletal structure into account. for someone with a narrow frame, a lower weight is fine in proportion to height. but a person with a wider frame needs more weight to look healthy.

life'sgreat

Post Tue, Jan 12 2010, 7:01 pm
28.8! It used to be closer to 40 before I did lap band surgery.

heffer569

Post Tue, Jan 12 2010, 7:18 pm
gold21 wrote:
heffer you probably messed up your BMI calculator. maybe try again? cuz it doesnt seem to make sense. my bmi is in the 19s and 20s and I aint no size zero!! (im a 4 on top, 6 on bottom)

oh I didnt mess up I do it on a daily basis my scale automatically calculates it as its really a scale for medical offices.

supermama2

Post Tue, Jan 12 2010, 8:01 pm
24 give or take a little..I don't keep a dread scale in the house so I have to go by my 6 week pp check up which was months ago.

amother

Post Tue, Jan 12 2010, 9:08 pm
28.5 ....it used to be 30.9 so I am glad it went down...I weigh in tomorrow so hopefully will go down lower LOL

amother

Post Tue, Jan 12 2010, 9:52 pm
27.4 but I am very tall. Am trying desperately to get down to under 25. At that weight, I kow I look really good.
I got close recently, but then the weight just started to pile on again. This is the story of my life!!

life'sgreat

Post Tue, Jan 12 2010, 9:54 pm
amother wrote:
27.4 but I am very tall. Am trying desperately to get down to under 25. At that weight, I kow I look really good.
I got close recently, but then the weight just started to pile on again. This is the story of my life!!
Does the height make a difference? I mean, if you are 5.2 and weigh, let's say 135 or your BMI is 24.7. If you are 5.9 and you weigh 165, you are 24.4. So I don't think height makes the difference when you calculate it with the BMI.

amother

Post Tue, Jan 12 2010, 10:13 pm
BMI takes into account height, so technically height doesn't make a difference. However, I think a very short person would look a lot heavier at my BMI, then I do with my extra height.
But yes, a BMI of 25 would be great Wink

life'sgreat

Post Tue, Jan 12 2010, 10:20 pm
amother wrote:
BMI takes into account height, so technically height doesn't make a difference. However, I think a very short person would look a lot heavier at my BMI, then I do with my extra height.
But yes, a BMI of 25 would be great Wink
Oh, definitely it's carried differently. I thought you were saying that the fact that you're 27 is because of your height.

amother

Post Wed, Jan 13 2010, 3:17 am
life'sgreat wrote:

OMG! You did surgery and are 28.8?? You must look amazing now. Guess I haven't seen you in a while!

amother

Post Wed, Jan 13 2010, 3:35 am
39.7 but really, what is BMI telling us? why is it so important?

amother

Post Wed, Jan 13 2010, 3:37 am
life'sgreat wrote:
do you think its worth it for people who are that overweight? im the amother right above whos bmi is 39.7. I know that I am considered obese, it is so hard to loose the weight, even when I am doing exercise, it just does not want to come off. it helped you a lot?

Ruchel

Post Wed, Jan 13 2010, 3:48 am
amother wrote:

If you're a bit overweight it doesn't mean anything but yes, a 40 bmi does tell you something very important (that for your health you should lose weight).

amother

Post Wed, Jan 13 2010, 4:04 am
Ruchel wrote:
amother wrote:

If you're a bit overweight it doesn't mean anything but yes, a 40 bmi does tell you something very important (that for your health you should lose weight).
I am not a "bit" overweight, I am a lot overweight.

I was asking, why is BMI important, as opposed to ones regular weight, whats the big deal with BMI?

cookielady

Post Wed, Jan 13 2010, 4:20 am
I had been 28 and am now 23. I'm happy with that, I'd just like to keep it this way.

Ruchel

Post Wed, Jan 13 2010, 4:58 am
amother wrote:
Ruchel wrote:
amother wrote:

I am not a "bit" overweight, I am a lot overweight.

I was asking, why is BMI important, as opposed to ones regular weight, whats the big deal with BMI?

Bmi takes height into consideration. 200 lbs may sound big but on a 6' woman it's nothing special. 120 can sound tiny but on a 5' woman it's also nothing special. That's why you need bmi.

amother

Post Wed, Jan 13 2010, 5:13 am
so I measured 32 im 5.7 I know im big but im so not obese gosh I wear a size 14 oh well ill just have to push myself harder
Page 3 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise