Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Baby Names
Do you have a child with 3 names?
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

amother

Post Tue, Jan 26 2010, 8:10 pm
got 2 kids with 3 names, one of them is named after one person.

she is sitting here and telling me to write "the more names the better because then you have more choices to choose from if you don't like one" LOL

seriously when I had and named my kids I davened they should be well and healthy.
Who makes plans for one of their kids to get sick C"vs?????????????????????

Ima2NYM_LTR

Post Tue, Jan 26 2010, 9:02 pm
amother wrote:
seriously when I had and named my kids I davened they should be well and healthy.
Who makes plans for one of their kids to get sick C"vs?????????????????????

Thumbs Up Yes Exclamation Compress Very Happy Smile 8) LOL Tongue Out

stem

Post Tue, Jan 26 2010, 9:12 pm
If you have a child who is sick enough to have a name added ch"v, I would imagine his number of names would be the last thing on your mind.

4ever21

Post Tue, Jan 26 2010, 9:30 pm
...coming fromamily of 14, two of my siblings have 3 names, the rest of us all have two names Smile

5S5Sr7z3

Post Tue, Jan 26 2010, 10:12 pm
amother wrote:
We would only call him by one name.
And one of the names happens to be Chaim....

Seriously, are you EXPECTING something to CH''V happen to your child???????? Just give him the names. My son has 3 names, and so does my husband. And for those that think a kid should only be named the name he will actually get called by, what do you do when a parent dies young, has 2 names, and it's your minhag to add a 3rd in this case???

Shmerling

Post Tue, Jan 26 2010, 10:47 pm
stem wrote:
If you have a child who is sick enough to have a name added ch"v, I would imagine his number of names would be the last thing on your mind.

I was thinking the same thing.

life'sgreat

Post Wed, Jan 27 2010, 12:47 am
amother wrote:
Quote:
(and I happen to know a child that has four names. Three after a grandfather, and Chaim)

Are you talking about my son? Smile
Possible. But I wouldn't know because you are amother. Tongue Out

exhausted

Post Wed, Jan 27 2010, 6:33 am
My son has 3 names and it does get confusing with all his older siblings and my DH calling him different things, but he answers to all!! We gave him all 3 because his Bris was on Tisha B'av and we wanted to give him names connected to Moshiach and couldnt decide on which 2 from the 3 we liked, so we gave all 3!!

amother

Post Wed, Jan 27 2010, 8:17 pm
Two of my boys have 3 names. They were named after Rebbes that also had 3 names. They are called by all three names- by everyone, from our family to their rebbes even all their friends. I never thought of not naming htose names because they are 3 together, not sure how it would impact besides when being calleed to torah, writing it on the tefilin bags. Oh and getting the yalmukas with their names on it- my boys never got one because there was no way I was going to pay an extra $15 for each yalmuka.

WriterMom

Post Wed, Jan 27 2010, 8:21 pm
We do First Name, Second Name, My family's name and DH's family name, but I don't think that's what you're talking about.

Purplehair

Post Wed, Jan 27 2010, 8:44 pm
My oldest son has three names. BOY-were we teased for it! ("What, you aren't going to have any more children?" "Why did you use up all the names?) I really thought those comments were insensitive and stupid. There are millions of names to choose from. Of course, our next child was a boy and - miracle of miracles Rolling Eyes we managed to find another two names for him as well. Smile Our other kids have two names each.
Anyway, all three names+ last name fit nicely on his tefillin bag.
Each of those three names are special and were special people to us. They add to his character. In the beginning, it's hard, afterwards, you will marvel at how normal three names sound.

notme

Post Wed, Jan 27 2010, 8:51 pm
amother wrote:
If we have a boy, DH and I think we will give him 3 names.
I don't want too but it just works out that way. However, and I know this isn't great to think about, but when a person gets sick CH"V sometimes a name is added. Should that be a reason not to give 3 names initially?

My BIL has 4 names. We all joke about it b/c he is the only one in the family who is not yet frum. He has the frumest names ever though!

Israeli Mother

Post Sat, Jan 30 2010, 3:20 pm
My son's kids both have 3 names apiece, for a total of 6 names. I think that if that is what you want to do you should go ahead and name them three names.

One thing that I can say is that it helps to keep both sides of the family happy since you can include everybody 8)

Seriously, my son's youngest's name is broken down like this: His father gave the first name, his mother gave the second name, and the third name was after my mother's grandfather, or the baby's great-great-grandfather. His oldest's name is broken down like this: the first name was after a family member, and the second and third name were picked by the baby's mother.

amother

Post Sat, Jan 30 2010, 7:35 pm
My brother and I both have 3 names and we turned out ok Wink

morahaviva

Post Tue, Feb 02 2010, 11:00 am
My kids have 3 names - the first two for who they were named after, then the 3rd for Eretz Yisrael (chevrona, tziona,,,,)

chaylizi

Post Tue, Feb 02 2010, 11:29 am
I don't mind writing my son's name- I posted it here when he was born. His name is Chaim Dov Eliezer. He's named after my father with an added Chaim. We call him Dovy. Although I wouldn't call him Dov if he decides to be more grown up. Possibly Chaim Dov. Not sure what we'll do for his tefillin bag. In addition to being a Levi, we have a pretty long last name.
My girls have 1 & 2 names respectively. Both are called by their full given name.

amother

Post Tue, Feb 02 2010, 11:36 am
My oldest has 3 names and the OP's concern never, ever occurred to me. His bar mitzva invite has 3 names on the hebrew side and the one he is called on the english. His tefillin bag has the name he is c\alled and initials for the others. Another one of my children also has 3 names, the rest have 2.

bnm

Post Wed, Feb 03 2010, 3:08 am
my brother has 4 names, 3 after a grandfather, 1 added on, he is called the same name as my grandfather was called.

amother

Post Sun, Feb 14 2010, 3:46 am
One of my sons has 3 names, Chaim added because he was named after a young relative who was killed during the Holocaust. His name is Yosef Chaim Nosson but we always call him Yossi.

amother

Post Sat, Feb 20 2010, 10:13 pm
I'm pretty sure that I will be on bc until I hit menopause after this baby is born. I have a large family kayh" and am very worried about having babies after 40 ( I know so many women who after 40 had a baby with Down's). The problem is we need to name after my DH's father who he wasn't close to at all and my DH's grandfather was really like his father so he'll want to name after him as well. If we do both that'll be 3 names and the problem is I don't like any of their names. That's life I guess.
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Baby Names