Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Baby Names
Do you have a child with 3 names?
Previous  1  2  3  4

Avrahamamma

Post Sun, Feb 21 2010, 9:22 am
My baby also has 4 names. Although his name was changed on me at his Brit Milah, so I didn't know his name until they gave him back to me ;-)
Either way whatever the baby is named will be just right for him. I can't wait to see his nice long name on a ketubah! B'Ezrat Hashem.

All of our babies should live long healthy holy lives and we should be zocheh to see a time when no one has to worry about Chas V'Chalila what their child's name might sound like on a Misheberach list. AMEN AMEN AMEN

Mrs Bissli

Post Sun, Feb 21 2010, 11:24 am
Here it's rather toff-ish to have double middle names. Plus many well-respected sephardic families have double-barrel surnames like Pereira-Mendez or Gomez-DaCosta. Though most of those people no more than 2 hebrew names. (Many sephardim have just one name--usually their living grandparent's, dual hebrew names for me sounds more ashkenazic).

msctwg

Post Sun, Feb 21 2010, 2:31 pm
I have 4. my daughter has 3. if she is ever sick we will have to be saying mishaberach's for her all day long.

Ruchel

Post Sun, Feb 21 2010, 2:34 pm
3 names is very common in France, in Italy, in some chassidishe circles...

amother

Post Tue, Feb 23 2010, 11:00 pm
I know someone with 3 names whose father HAS SIX NAMES!!!!!

twokids

Post Mon, Mar 08 2010, 1:10 am
2 of my nefews have 3 names each.

EmaMommy

Post Wed, Mar 24 2010, 1:56 am
I have two boys with three names. We joke around that we started a trend because another family gave their son three names and they were very disappointed when we gave our third son only two!

sllyjllybn

Post Wed, Mar 24 2010, 2:47 am
I have 3 names and I have a brother with three names.... I also have a brother with 4 names!!

amother

Post Tue, May 11 2010, 8:31 am
"Traditionally, Ashkenazic children receive the given names of deceased relatives, [...] assigning more than one given name to the baby could satisfy several independent demands. [...] No limit was imposed on the maximum number of given names that could be born by one single person."

shalhevet

Post Tue, May 11 2010, 8:39 am
amother wrote:
"Traditionally, Ashkenazic children receive the given names of deceased relatives, [...] assigning more than one given name to the baby could satisfy several independent demands. [...] No limit was imposed on the maximum number of given names that could be born by one single person."

Well, that was a useful contribution to the discussion - an anonymous post with a sourceless source.

Hashemlovesme

Post Tue, May 11 2010, 8:45 am
I have 2 sibs w/ 3 names each. my sis is named after s/1 , but they didn't want to call her those names so added another. my bro was born on Yom Kippur so they added Yonah to the name they were already going to give him. (he goes by Yonah & I can't imagine calling him either of the other 2!).

Mrs.K

Post Tue, May 11 2010, 8:54 am
My husband and myself both have 3 names.
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Baby Names