Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
The Perfect Gift for a Chosson and Kallah
Previous  1  2

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Jun 21 2006, 9:42 am
I got so few gifts, I didn't even get thank you cards printed up.

shalhevet

Post Wed, Jun 21 2006, 10:45 am
[quote="SaraG"]I got so few gifts, I didn't even get thank you cards printed up.[/quote]

I don't know how few is few, but who has printed thank you cards?
We wrote thank you notes.

I don't know, lately on this site - custom sheitels, printed thank-you cards, two months to plan an enagagement party, maid every day, $60,000 dollars a year for a young kolel couple... Confused

I think I'm living in a different world.... shock

Go have a look what I said the yetzer horo is for this generation ...

DefyGravity

Post Wed, Jun 21 2006, 10:48 am
You've never gotten thank you cards with the chassan and kallah's name on it?

It's not very fancy and will end up costing a lot less than buying hundreds of thank-you notes from the store.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Wed, Jun 21 2006, 10:53 am
[quote="DefyGravity"]Give CASH or something off of the wedding registry.

I hate it when people think they know better than the chassan and kallah and try to think outside of the box - that's why we got stuck with FOUR wine fountains and several mezuzahs that we don't need.

Folks, we registered for a reason. If people are going to spend money on us, it would be nice if it was on something we could actually use.

Tools are great (assuming the couple doesn't already have a kit), but I would've been annoyed if I'd gotten them as we already had two toolkits and random tools. Ahem. . . again, that's why people register! So they're not stuck with junk they have no use for!!![/quote]

We got a couple wine fountains as well -- SILVER PLATED!!! No use for them...we have tons of tiny bechers for guests, and not really any guests or children drinking kiddush at this point. We also got shotglasses with the first letter of our last name, so they're not returnable.
We ended up trading some things with my b-I-l who got married a year and a half after us; they had too many decanters, we had to omany heavy glass bowls (the mikasa outlet by us was going out of business when we got married, so many people bought us things from there).
I won't talk about the ridiculous things we got, but I defnitely did appreciate the $ and the things I needed that I had registered for. I would rather get something I registered for and not want than something I don't know where to return.
The phones we got were a nice gift as well.
And a cousin sent us a catalog of gifts that we could choose one from. We got the tool set from there. That was a good idea of his -- he got to pick the price, and we got to choose the gift without knowing how much he spent.

Last edited by Hashem_Yaazor on Wed, Jun 21 2006, 10:54 am; edited 1 time in total

mimsy7420

Post Wed, Jun 21 2006, 10:54 am
The printed thank you cards came with the invitations, as did the place cards and reply cards. Most printers have packages that you can get when you order invitations, they will just print it all out at the same time - its cheaper for them and for you.

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Jun 21 2006, 11:06 am
I got very few gifts. I maybe bought three pks of thank you notes to send people.

and after I got this job in manhattan, we started buying ourselves silver and things we never had.....that's when I got my diamond watch, too.

better late then never!

mother of 2 princess's

Post Wed, Jun 21 2006, 6:41 pm
someone got us a sewing box with things in for engadment and a tool kit for wedding with a geourgous poem cant remeber what it said now been married nearly 9 yrs but saying your marrige should be like a ....... if you know what I mena Rolling Eyes

southernbubby

Post Wed, Jun 21 2006, 7:02 pm
One of our wedding gifts came with the following poem:
I wish you love,
I wish you joy,
I wish you first a baby boy,
and when his hair begins to curl,
I wish you then a baby girl.
(BH we had 2 boys before being blessed with a girl).
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics