Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Budgeting & Bargains
Grocery bill keeps going up
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6

Tehilla

Post Fri, Jun 04 2010, 1:58 pm
alpidarkomama wrote:
Just read the labels. You can get natural or artificial extracts.

I think I've become an expert label reader, lol. Have seen natural vanilla, but haven't looked for others so I'm a 'newbie' there.

Scotty

Post Thu, Jun 10 2010, 10:55 pm
Sorry to return to the original post here...

anyone else who finds their bill never goes below $150 minimum for family of three? We buy minimum in meat and chicken, but are big on veggies, fruit, and milk items - and we only buy whole wheat. Rare nosh and takeout, too, and most 'non food' is Costco stuff.... so this is just basically veg, fruit, whole wheat, and dairy. Am I mad?

ra_mom

Post Thu, Jun 10 2010, 10:57 pm
Scotty wrote:
Sorry to return to the original post here...

anyone else who finds their bill never goes below $150 minimum for family of three? We buy minimum in meat and chicken, but are big on veggies, fruit, and milk items - and we only buy whole wheat. Rare nosh and takeout, too, and most 'non food' is Costco stuff.... so this is just basically veg, fruit, whole wheat, and dairy. Am I mad?
I pay more than that for our family of 3. But then again, part of the bill is for papergoods and cleaning products.

chocolate moose

Post Fri, Jun 11 2010, 10:34 am
Everything is pretty expensive lately. And prices mainly go up.

I used to buy shampoo, for example, at Family Dollar, and only pay 77 cents. Then I started shopping at Target and gettig the huge sizes .. now I am back to FD and there are no more 77 cent bottles; some of them are $2 now !!
Page 6 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Budgeting & Bargains