Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
How's the post- 9 day laundry going?
Previous  1  2

imabima

Post Thu, Jul 22 2010, 6:33 am
eveshtern wrote:
9 loads, and no washer drier, which means a trip to the laundromat.

I might cry.

Perks of going to the laundromat (I have to go to) is that we get it done all at once! Hatzlacha!

sgr

Post Thu, Jul 22 2010, 1:00 pm
Three loads washed,I hurt my foot badly on the way to hang the first load and had to drop everything and go for xrays BH its not broken but badly sprained with torn ligaments in a moon boot!have another three to go besides linen and towels!BH I have big girls who help but its still v hectic!

zigi

Post Thu, Jul 22 2010, 1:09 pm
imabima wrote:
eveshtern wrote:

I might cry.

Perks of going to the laundromat (I have to go to) is that we get it done all at once! Hatzlacha!

the bad part is that there is a lot to fold and put away. I did 4 double loads and it is sitting there waiting for me to put away.

imabima

Post Thu, Jul 22 2010, 1:22 pm
zigi wrote:
imabima wrote:
eveshtern wrote:

I might cry.

the bad part is that there is a lot to fold and put away. I did 4 double loads and it is sitting there waiting for me to put away.

Riiiight, but either way you have to fold and put away so this way at least the washing/drying is done all within the same time. Smile

zigi

Post Thu, Jul 22 2010, 1:32 pm
lol true! I can get everything done in 2 hours! I put away the laundry faster if its in smaller batches otherwise it takes forever

shlomitsmum

Post Thu, Jul 22 2010, 1:48 pm
I finished by midnight ....the folding and put away part is another story Wink

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Jul 22 2010, 1:54 pm
Mine didn't dry overnight so I wore a damp skirt today.

Shiny

Post Thu, Jul 22 2010, 1:57 pm
B'h B'h basically done.... came home 5:30 yesterday and worked nonstop till 12 midnight. But it paid just for that clean laundry smell. Tongue Out

Moreta24

Post Thu, Jul 22 2010, 4:54 pm
Not so good, since the washer up and quit on load #2 (of at least 5). You know that Maytag repairman in the commercials, who has so little to do he's bored? He's coming to my house tomorrow iyH !! Very Happy

shiradye

Post Thu, Jul 22 2010, 5:32 pm
I'm still not done. And I think I've done at least 10 loads already. Yes, I have an AEG washing machine that takes 1 1/2 -2 hours per load. I don't think the sheets will be done before Shabbos.

mrsERK

Post Thu, Jul 22 2010, 5:35 pm
BH I'm done! Except folding... ugh...

chocolate moose

Post Fri, Jul 23 2010, 11:16 am
I've given up washing absolutely everything. It's enough for us to have clean clothes & underwear. We can do towels and linens next week.

zigi

Post Fri, Jul 23 2010, 11:30 am
chocolate moose wrote:
I've given up washing absolutely everything. It's enough for us to have clean clothes & underwear. We can do towels and linens next week.

I agree! I still have towels and linens bh! I will finish next week.

Tehilla

Post Fri, Jul 23 2010, 11:49 am
chocolate moose wrote:

I agree too. Not only that, but even when you wash 'absolutely everything' by nightfall everyone sheds another day's worth of clothes. In our family, that's already about 1/3 of a load even when I can recycle a piece or two.

chocolate moose

Post Fri, Jul 23 2010, 12:40 pm
It's true. We're really never done.

ruthla

Post Fri, Jul 23 2010, 12:56 pm
No, we're never "done", but is is nice to have just a day's worth of laundry to wash at the end of the day, not two weeks'.

My house is also free of that "stale laundry smell".

Tehilla

Post Fri, Jul 23 2010, 1:02 pm
ruthla wrote:
No, we're never "done", but is is nice to have just a day's worth of laundry to wash at the end of the day, not two weeks'.

My house is also free of that "stale laundry smell".

It is nice, but I don't stay up all night or anything to finish 'everything.' And I did my laundry over 2.5 days, instead of 1. There is no stale laundry smell B"H. Yuck!

kitov

Post Fri, Jul 23 2010, 3:44 pm
Finished now, Hooray
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry