Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
What happened to Motty Schneider from Charades? (Mishpacha)
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

Shopmiami49

Post Sun, Dec 12 2010, 1:31 am
I think the focus now is meant to be how the family is dealing (or not ) with his disappearance. I think that Riva is trying to portray how an abusive figure in the household can affect the different family members.

But it is SO annoying that he has not turned up yet.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Sun, Dec 12 2010, 6:08 pm
This leads to an interesting discussion:

Which is healthier for the family -- having a presence of someone who is abusive or living in a state of limbo not knowing where that person is, what happened, is he coming back?

I would assume it depends on the nature and intensity of the abuse. I don't think anyone from this family would ever want Motty to leave. Change for the better, sure. But it wasn't bad enough to think it better without him.

Carol R

Post Sun, Jan 02 2011, 7:02 am
For those of you who are following Charades, Mishpacha's serial written by Riva Pomerantz, what do YOU think happened to Motty Schneider? In last week's installment, it's now official that he's disappeared and my guess is that he ran away. The reason for that I'm guessing is because there was a major breakdown in Kashrus at the party, and it will turn out that everyone there ingested treif. [b] HEY, THIS IS WHAT WE CALL 'ON THE MARK'.... Idea Exclamation

flowerpower

Post Sun, Jan 02 2011, 8:14 am
Carol R wrote:
For those of you who are following Charades, Mishpacha's serial written by Riva Pomerantz, what do YOU think happened to Motty Schneider? In last week's installment, it's now official that he's disappeared and my guess is that he ran away. The reason for that I'm guessing is because there was a major breakdown in Kashrus at the party, and it will turn out that everyone there ingested treif. [b] HEY, THIS IS WHAT WE CALL 'ON THE MARK'.... Idea Exclamation

This is what I thought for a while already. It did hint something a while back.

realeez

Post Sun, Jan 02 2011, 11:50 am
DH and I were out recently and I saw someone who looked exactly how I imagined Motti to look. Even DH agreed with me lol!

ttbtbm

Post Sun, Jan 02 2011, 1:30 pm
flowerpower wrote:
Carol R wrote:

This is what I thought for a while already. It did hint something a while back.

yes. Saw that too!

freshie

Post Sun, Jan 02 2011, 1:32 pm
realeez wrote:
DH and I were out recently and I saw someone who looked exactly how I imagined Motti to look. Even DH agreed with me lol!

lol. Care to show how you imagine him?

das

Post Sun, Jan 02 2011, 5:00 pm
I like the story but think its very unrealistic for the kids to be feel relief their fathers gone.
1. Even abused kids will take abusive father over no father or different father-often to their detriment they'll keep going back to abuse (sort of like abused wife)
2. Hello, their father dissappeared into thin air. Its very traumatizing.

I think this is ruining an otherwise excellent story.

c.c.cookie

Post Sun, Jan 02 2011, 10:42 pm
das wrote:
I like the story but think its very unrealistic for the kids to be feel relief their fathers gone.
1. Even abused kids will take abusive father over no father or different father-often to their detriment they'll keep going back to abuse (sort of like abused wife)
2. Hello, their father dissappeared into thin air. Its very traumatizing.

I think this is ruining an otherwise excellent story.

I don't think the kids are not traumatized by their father's disappearance. I think they just feel the difference in the house now that he's gone.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Mon, Jan 03 2011, 7:31 am
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
This leads to an interesting discussion:

Which is healthier for the family -- having a presence of someone who is abusive or living in a state of limbo not knowing where that person is, what happened, is he coming back?

A couple weeks ago, there was hinting toward this internal dilemma Gila had.

YTYoungMother

Post Sat, Jan 15 2011, 9:52 pm
I totally agree, he couldn't handle the pressure and took off.... to find himself. I think under every abuser is a corroded inside, and Mottie just couldn't take the double-life anymore.
I was thinking (after reading last episode) that the rabbi will announce to the community, the community (or at least most of them) will decide to forgive him for his failure as a mashgiach, publish ads saying "Mottie we forgive you, please come back" or something of the sort, and he will come back and join Gila in therapy. Kinda boring, though, so that's probably NOT what's gonna happen.

theotherone

Post Sun, Jan 16 2011, 5:35 pm
but how can he disappear without a trace? he hasn't used his credit cards and there is no trail on his car. this doesn't seem realistic. how is he eating, where is he sleeping?

ILOVELIFE

Post Sun, Jan 16 2011, 9:08 pm
maybe he took on a new identity, maybe he is in a psych ward>

PIP

Post Sun, Jan 16 2011, 9:26 pm
theotherone wrote:
but how can he disappear without a trace? he hasn't used his credit cards and there is no trail on his car. this doesn't seem realistic. how is he eating, where is he sleeping?

My thoughts exactly.

suomynona

Post Sun, Jan 16 2011, 10:54 pm
If this wasn't a frum story, I would say he committed suicide.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Mon, Jan 17 2011, 6:50 am
Without leaving a note or any way to find him? I don't think that would be the case even in a non-frum story.

He ran away...did they check to see if large sums of cash were taken from his account? Have they spoken with his father: whatever happened with that sub-plot with how his father expects a lot out of him?

married21

Post Mon, Jan 17 2011, 7:27 am
On my way out to work Thursday morning, I get the Mishpacha from my mailbox and tear open the plastic wrap. I quickly skim through charades to check if Motty has been found.
Oh well… nothing doing so far.

sarahd

Post Mon, Jan 17 2011, 11:39 am
And there won't be anything doing in that vein for another 25 weeks at least.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Mon, Jan 17 2011, 5:59 pm
...when the serial ends.

Fabulous

Post Mon, Jan 17 2011, 6:11 pm
I don't keep up with the serials because, as I mentioned, I don't buy the magazines. I just sometimes skim at my mother's house. However, even if I would have access to them every week, I would not be able to handle a serial. I am the type to rush through a book to find out the ending. When my 3rd and 4th grade teachers (both hebrew and english) read to us a chapter or so each day that we were good, I couldn't handle it and someone got my hands on the book to finish it on my own. How do you people handle it?
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room