Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational
It takes a lot to inspire me... this email did!!!
Previous  1  2

PinkFridge

Post Wed, Jan 05 2011, 9:33 am
To those for whom this doesn't inspire: don't knock what does inspire someone else. Any port in a storm.
I was at a melavah malka sitting next to a chassidishe woman who announced that we must have a gadol story. The story - I couldn't quite follow because of language - was about the Baal Shem Tov, literally rising above some sort of danger. Mofeis stories don't grab me. But that's me.
This is a sweet (though yeah, depressing on some level) story and thanks for sharing.

amother

Post Wed, Jan 05 2011, 9:51 am
HindaRochel wrote:
amother wrote:
amother wrote:
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
"A yid is never lost" -- if you think about it beyond the micro level, and see it as one component of a whole domino of situations that Hashem is directly involved in leading, guiding, supervising -- what hashgacha is -- you may find it easier to view that time as not wasted, but as a necessary and integral part of what had to happen to the parties in the story and the rest of the world impacted by actions that were done due to this gap...It's impossible to rewrite history and have that be the way it should be. The way it happened is what should have happened; it's not a waste, though on our level we do see it as a chaval. But that time needed to be there, even if we don't know why.

You are right it is amazing but why couldn't hashem have made it happen sooner? All those years they suffered?

I don't see this story as inspiring - just sad.

beautiful, sad, touching....but I agree, im not sure its inspiring. what exactly is the inspiration?

That until the day you die there is always hope, there is always possibilities of something beautiful happening in your life. Never give up hope. Never believe all is lost. Miracles are always possible.

im not knocking the story or the op who was inspired by it, im just asking if inspired is the right word. a reminder that we should never give up because "yeshuas Hashem k'heref ayin" is not necessarily an inspiration. the story of the mad who has no arms and legs....thats inspiring. I think this is touching and moving, and a very good reminder.
then again, maybe it just didnt inspire me.....

robynm

Post Wed, Jan 05 2011, 10:30 am
http://dictionary.reference.co.....tion.

ok so maybe, I picked the wrong word. but what word should I have used? I guess HOPE. that there are happy endings... I dont know... that though that all the suffering and h*ll, that there is a bigger picture... maybe I need that to be inspiring for me... maybe I need to be inspired... I want to believe.....

HindaRochel

Post Wed, Jan 05 2011, 12:21 pm
robynm wrote:
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/inspire
in·spire   –verb
1. to fill with an animating, quickening, or exalting influence: His courage inspired his followers.
2. to produce or arouse (a feeling, thought, etc.): to inspire confidence in others.
3. to fill or affect with a specified feeling, thought, etc.: to inspire a person with distrust.
4. to influence or impel: Competition inspired her to greater efforts.
5. to animate, as an influence, feeling, thought, or the like, does: They were inspired by a belief in a better future.
6. to communicate or suggest by a divine or supernatural influence: writings inspired by god.
7. to guide or control by divine influence.
8. to prompt or instigate (utterances, acts, etc.) by influence, without avowal of responsibility.
9. to give rise to, bring about, cause, etc.: a philosophy that inspired a revolution.

ok so maybe, I picked the wrong word. but what word should I have used? I guess HOPE. that there are happy endings... I dont know... that though that all the suffering and h*ll, that there is a bigger picture... maybe I need that to be inspiring for me... maybe I need to be inspired... I want to believe.....

I felt inspired! So who knows...I felt wow,and yes and just hang in there...and keep going, don't give up!

detroitmom

Post Wed, Jan 05 2011, 1:22 pm
Wow it's a good thing the woman didn't remarry and have a bunch of mamzerim!

Though would they be really considered mamzerim since the woman wouldn't have been aware of her husband still being alive and it wouldn't be b'mazid?

Either way thanks for sharing robyn!

esthermama

Post Thu, Jan 06 2011, 2:20 am
based on a true story? Wink

Whose the rabbi? Whose the woman, the man...

I can't have another one of those apple over the fence story during WWII...?

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, Jan 06 2011, 9:26 am
(That story was also in Small Miracles.)

loveNlearn

Post Thu, Jun 02 2011, 2:11 pm
wow, thanks for sharing. you never know where an act of kindness will lead. the rabbi invited the woman into the shul to stay warm, and it let to reuniting with her husband after 35 years. Hashem is guiding us in every detail at every moment...

eshes chayil

Post Thu, Jun 02 2011, 3:18 pm
wow! I read it and felt awed by the greatness of Hashem's hashgacha pratis. Notice how many small details and perfect timing went into this story?

Thanks so much for sharing.

I was also struck by the thought that "you never know where the yeshua will come from". The bad weather could have meant a disaster for the shul, and yet that was what brought them one step closer to each other.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational