Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Dislocated Elbow
Previous  1  2

Tefila

Post Wed, Mar 02 2005, 9:00 pm
Quote:
That is where you went WRONG!! NEVER EVER pull a kid by the hand! It will dislocate if do that! No wonder it happened 5 times!

Amother if you felt you were right you shouldn't have hidden which goes to show you think but don't know for sure.

Please don't judge or attack others coz it's like saying Frielich went wrong conc her babys death coz she had a dresser in his room!!

These things happen! SO STOP BEING JUDGEMENTAL unless you are G-D Himself and then I will take my words back Exclamation

proudmom

Post Wed, Mar 02 2005, 9:14 pm
way to go Freilich Thumbs Up

lucy

Post Wed, Mar 02 2005, 10:21 pm
Frielich: Please don't judge or attack others coz it's like saying Frielich went wrong conc her babys death coz she had a dresser in his room!!

If I'm reading correctly, then that is horrible news which I 'm increadibly sorry to hear.

Look guys things always happen with children no matter how careful we are so no one is to blame (most of the time) so we just have to be careful!

Pearl

Post Thu, Mar 03 2005, 6:43 am
[quote="freilich"][quote]coz it's like saying Frielich went wrong conc her babys death coz she had a dresser in his room!! [/quote]

freilich, what is this???? shock knot in my stomach.....

Rivka

Post Thu, Mar 03 2005, 6:31 pm
About dislocating elbows it's due to children at a certain age not developing their joints/tissue (something) so it is more prone to getting dislocated. Yes that is why they say not to pull a child by the hand. It happened to our son once and it was yom tov and we were at someone's house to eat and I don't know what happened, but all of a sudden my son was crying really abnormally and I was worried about it. We raced off to find the nearest Doctor. So first one we thought of was my husband's previous neighbour and he is also my son's Dr. We went over, knocked on the door. No answer. Next DR lived just the next street, so we rushed over there and he is my husband's DR. I remembered from work that he wasn't working that week so figured he'd gone away for Yom tov. Next Dr lived quite a bit away so we went there and he was in. My son had already gone to sleep but I realised before we left it was his arm coz he screamed if I touched it. We went over and this Dr (also my Dr) just wiggled his arm and all was great. The doc asked if it just happened coz my son went for a toy with the hand that was dislocated straight away. But he made us stay a bit to make sure it was ok. He told my husband how to do it and said the quicker it gets dealt with the better and usually people wait hours on end in emergency for that. Some people don't think about taking to Dr till a few days after even. It was quite a relief and he said it happens all the time. From then on, we do not pull him and if he is running away I just pick him up. But there is nothing wrong in doing it yourself, it's probably better coz you can do it straight away. Obviously you have to know that it is dislocated before you do it.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics