Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
List of food with no or reduced calories
Previous  1  2

maapse

Post Tue, Mar 01 2011, 10:57 am
and did you know that when you are angry and you eat something your anger burns up the calories immediately.

food that you are only eating to make yourself enjoy pesach cleaning more.

hadasa

Post Tue, Mar 01 2011, 4:00 pm
Food that you eat to use up the Chametz in the freezer.

Food that would otherwise get thrown out.

Food eaten after ten o'clock at night, because according to my printed daily routine I'm already asleep, so officially I'm not eating at all.

hadasa

Post Tue, Mar 01 2011, 4:06 pm
Also, if you get a box of assorted chocolates, you can have one of each kind calory-free, because you're just tasting.

hadasa

Post Tue, Mar 01 2011, 4:10 pm
I can't believe nobody posted this one : When you drink coffee with artificial sweetener, the sweetener cancels out any calories in the cake you have with the coffee.

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Mar 01 2011, 4:37 pm
hadasa wrote:

Food eaten after ten o'clock at night, because according to my printed daily routine I'm already asleep, so officially I'm not eating at all.

OK, I know this is all tongue and calories of all persuasion in cheek but re the first two: we're not garbage cans.

mirror

Post Tue, Mar 01 2011, 5:45 pm
Anything served at a Kiddush.

auntie_em

Post Tue, Mar 01 2011, 5:46 pm
Food from other people's plates. Their food...their calories.

Anything you eat when you are sick or recovering, if the doctor tells you to eat.
Ice cream, ice pops and the like...doctor ordered, so no calories.

mirror

Post Tue, Mar 01 2011, 6:48 pm
All salads, regardless of what's in it or on it.

kitov

Post Tue, Mar 01 2011, 7:45 pm
Hadasa, with all the consumption of your massive array of calorieless food, you must now be weightless.

bdot

Post Tue, Mar 01 2011, 9:49 pm
great thread!! you really got me smiling...

runninglate

Post Tue, Mar 01 2011, 9:52 pm
kitov, youre a riot!!!!!!!! Thanks for the laugh...

Mirabelle

Post Tue, Mar 01 2011, 9:59 pm
hahhaah, love this thread...I almost didn't open it from the title!

Did anyone already say that food you eat on vacation doesnt count?

When you are pregnant all the calories go to the baby (or babies Very Happy ) so it for sure doesn't count.

auntie_em

Post Tue, Mar 01 2011, 10:05 pm
I forgot to mention anything eaten with a Diet Coke. The Dietness from the drink cancels out any calories it comes into contact with.

hadasa

Post Tue, Mar 01 2011, 11:40 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
hadasa wrote:

OK, I know this is all tongue and calories of all persuasion in cheek but re the first two: we're not garbage cans.
Lol, as I was posting it, I kept on hearing my friend's mother's voice from over twenty years ago, saying, "Whether it goes into *this* garbage can (pointing at the garbage can) or *that* garbage can (pointing to the stomach) it's the same Bal Tashchis." But why ruin a perfectly good thread with such sensible thoughts?

hadasa

Post Wed, Mar 02 2011, 12:15 am
kitov wrote:
Hadasa, with all the consumption of your massive array of calorieless food, you must now be weightless.
But of course! Because weight gained during, before and after pregnancy doesn't count, weight gained as a growing teenager doesn't count, and anything before that was just baby fat. Tongue Out

Raisin

Post Wed, Mar 02 2011, 4:41 am
food you eat becasue are starving from exercising.

PinkFridge

Post Wed, Mar 02 2011, 11:40 am
hadasa wrote:
PinkFridge wrote:
hadasa wrote:

Lol, as I was posting it, I kept on hearing my friend's mother's voice from over twenty years ago, saying, "Whether it goes into *this* garbage can (pointing at the garbage can) or *that* garbage can (pointing to the stomach) it's the same Bal Tashchis." But why ruin a perfectly good thread with such sensible thoughts?

You're right, but this thread, I think was partly dedicated to letting us feel like we have a right, dadgumit, to enjoy our food. And I didn't want to plant any ideas. Sorry for being a killjoy. Carry on.

eschaya

Post Wed, Mar 02 2011, 3:14 pm
The broken chips at the bottom of the bag.
The crumbs at the bottom of the cereal box (where all the sugar goes!!)
Multiple tiny slivers of cake have much fewer calories than one large slice (of the same end mass).
The last piece of kugel (or anything really) that's left in the pan, since the pan can't be put back in the refrigerator with just one piece in it, so you're not eating for eatings sake, only to get the pan into the sink tonight.

Apple pie

Post Wed, Mar 02 2011, 3:23 pm
hadasa wrote:

LOL LOL LOL

PinkFridge

Post Wed, Mar 02 2011, 4:21 pm
eschaya wrote:
The broken chips at the bottom of the bag.
The crumbs at the bottom of the cereal box (where all the sugar goes!!)
Multiple tiny slivers of cake have much fewer calories than one large slice (of the same end mass).
The last piece of kugel (or anything really) that's left in the pan, since the pan can't be put back in the refrigerator with just one piece in it, so you're not eating for eatings sake, only to get the pan into the sink tonight.

Anyone here old enough to remember the Cathy strips with her mother and the consciousness raising group? (I'm not sure if I'M old enough; I read it in an anthology.) She served cookies and all the women physically battled over taking the broken cookies. Though not because of their calorielessness.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise