Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Help! Not interested in food
Previous  1  2

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Mon, Mar 21 2005, 10:20 pm
any luck? I could use tips, too. My 8 month old...he does like foods...and eats...and nurses...but still nurses about every 3 hours at night...he's gaining very well (20 lbs!)...maybeI should feed him more solids?

ForeverYoung

Post Mon, Mar 21 2005, 10:32 pm
if his weight gain is consistent, than he wakes up every 3 hrs out of habbit.

time to begin some sleep training.

Make sure he doesn't have burps/ gas waking him up

1stimer

Post Tue, Mar 22 2005, 1:23 pm
Quote:
unfortunately some mothers can't keep it up starting around 5-6 mnths.

is this a fact? why is this?

Quote:
Try more rest, more drink & proper diet

hmm... sounds good. for me, I decided that when at work, no matter how pressurised it is I am going to express every 2 hours religiously. I think it is working.

1stimer

Post Tue, Mar 22 2005, 1:25 pm
Quote:
any luck?

I tried him on veggies (carrots) and he is taking them. he didnt' like the cereal at all. even when I mixed it in the carrots I couldn't fool him... LOL

raizy

Post Sat, Mar 26 2005, 11:32 pm
one tip I have for breastfed babies that if u do give a bottle of your bmilk then if u feel that the baby need extra food u put in formalla in the bottle to boost it.

that what one mother is doing in my playgroup and it is going very good . the kid is not so hungry anymore.

also the mother was smart enough to realize that the kid is not happy and started her on solids.
u have to have courage to do what is right for your baby and not for yourselve.

ForeverYoung

Post Sun, Mar 27 2005, 1:02 pm
1stimer wrote:
Quote:
unfortunately some mothers can't keep it up starting around 5-6 mnths.

is this a fact? why is this?.

don't know why, but it happends

raizy

Post Sun, Mar 27 2005, 9:51 pm
it also happened to the lady in my playgroup so she strated to do both . bfeeding and after that she gives a bottle...

Ruby

Post Mon, Mar 28 2005, 9:11 pm
I had and still have a very low milk supply, some mothers just never produce enough milk. I took an herb called fenugreek 3 tablets 3 times a day and that seemed to help for a while. I started my baby on formula when she was 3 weeks old becasue she wasn't gaining weight, it took a lot of courage because I was realy looking forward to nursing her full time.
As far as solids go, I would recommend cereal mixed with fruit, somehow I don't think veggies and oatmeal go together maybe that' why he isn't liking it. Also he may not be ready for solids yet. But it sure sounds like he's teething.
What I do with my baby when she wakes up I try to put her pacifier in her mouth and see if it sooths her and sometimes she falls back asleep. You may want to try that.
Good Luck Wink

proudmom

Post Thu, Apr 14 2005, 7:30 pm
My daughter is almost a year old and she doesnt like food that much. I try so hard. I try to give her a bottle but no luck.. All she wants is ME. I cant take it. What should I do about her eating things? I even put food in front of her and she just throws it on the floor.

Post Wed, Aug 24 2005, 5:17 pm
okay, so now that it's been 5 months since this thread started, maybe you experienced Mommies can tell me what to do w/ my 5 1/2 month old. He's always hungry, but gags on and/or refuses any solid food we give him (we've tried rice, oatmeal, butternut squash, and sweet potatoes so far).
thanks!

1stimer

Post Thu, Aug 25 2005, 1:01 pm
Maybe he isn't ready for solids. How do you know he is hungry? If you're nursing, maybe consider topping up with formula?
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics