Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Baby Names
If you knew that the inlaws hate the name
Previous  1  2

zaq

Post Mon, May 16 2011, 10:39 pm
life'sgreat wrote:
manhattanmom wrote:
checkbefore wrote:
My sister's grandmother only spoke to the grandchildren that were named after people from her side.

shock shock shock shock

that's absurd! (and wouldn't your sister's grandmother be your grandmother too?)

Not necessarily. It could be from her sister's husband's side.

Then it's not her sister's g-mother but her g-mother-in-law.

amother

Post Mon, May 16 2011, 10:42 pm
OP here.
I guess we won't use the name but now I'm really curious so I think I'll ask dh to find out about his mothers grandfather. This thread helped me laugh and I appreciate that. Thanks.
(sorry, I feel bad for the amother with the nasty grandmother-in-law, its just so absurd!)

shmoozer

Post Tue, May 17 2011, 12:22 am
my mil has this thing about Rachel - that you don't give the name alone because rachel imenu had a very troubled life... She may or may not be right, but my grandmother's name was rachel, and I am giving that name by my next girl. she had a very good life, lived way into her 90's... so you gotta use your common sense too.
But - she also has another name in her family, someone that DH didn't even know, that she hates the name, and all the people that have that name that she knows are wierd, so for goodness sake, even if it's a cute name, I wouldn't give it. It's not like we have feelings towards that person, and just to fight with MIL for nothing is no point.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Baby Names