Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Terri Schiavo
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

deedee

Post Tue, Mar 29 2005, 10:23 am
Quote:
Terri Schiavo is not on ANY machines! she was simply using a feeding tube to get nurishment because she can't swallow very well. She can breath on her own, and her body is functioning in every other way. The judges wouldn't even allow her parents to somehow try and feed her

so why cant they take her home!!!!! she is not in prison. if G-d forbid that was my daughter I would grab her and run away as fast as I could!!!!!!

stem

Post Tue, Mar 29 2005, 10:28 am
They can't take her home because she is not in their custody. Unfortunately her husband makes the rules in this case. Her parents begged him to divorce her, but he refuses, despite the fact that he has clearly moved on with his life (has 2 kids with a new girlfriend).

Tefila

Post Tue, Mar 29 2005, 11:48 am
Wonder who husband bribed to do the autopsy on his wife it won't be someone that an unbiased party will choose for sure!!!!!!!!

Tefila

Post Tue, Mar 29 2005, 12:05 pm
There is rumours not yet confirmed that she was strangled by her husband and lack of oxygen hit the brain who knows.

But c'mon Rolling Eyes there are people starving wether it is in third world countrys, or r"l the concentration camp and how many cases have you heard of lack of potassium caused a chemical imbalance that lead to a vegetative state. shock Are we crazy that we believe this nonsense!!!!!!

Pickle Lady

Post Tue, Mar 29 2005, 12:13 pm
Its not uncommon for a bulimic to die from heart attack. I read that she was a bulimic. Didn't karen carpenter die from a heart attack from anorexia? It was the lack of oxygen to her brain that caused the veg state. I think we are getting carried away here.

Tefila

Post Tue, Mar 29 2005, 12:16 pm
Heart Attack and death yes! But this state hm maybe they are not getting soooo carried away. Well the truth will surface soon enough

1stimer

Post Tue, Mar 29 2005, 1:41 pm
Let's just remember that we don't know any facts about this only what we hear from the media. and we all know how accurate, unbiased and objective the media is Rolling Eyes

whether we agree with what michael is doing or not, pls bear in mind that you don't know what his motives are.

ForeverYoung

Post Tue, Mar 29 2005, 1:45 pm
whatever it is, to have a person starved to death by a court order in a civilised (or so we think) country is insane.

1stimer

Post Tue, Mar 29 2005, 1:51 pm
fy, that is the point. I think the court order is not 'starving her to death' but witholding a medical intervention. u might ask what's the dif? it's a difference in outlook

ilvmommyhood

Post Tue, Mar 29 2005, 1:52 pm
Shayna Rochel- the bulimia was a theory and nothing more. There is no proof. Just her husband's word.

ForeverYoung

Post Tue, Mar 29 2005, 1:57 pm
Quote:
I think the court order is not 'starving her to death' but witholding a medical intervention

they ordered the tube out & DO NOT ALLOW EVEN HER PARENTS TO FEED HER. She is capable of swallowing jello & liquids

this is starvation I woild say.

A baby cannot feed himself either, u know.......

1stimer

Post Tue, Mar 29 2005, 2:04 pm
how can she survive for 3 weeks without water? she must be getting some liquid.

1stimer

Post Tue, Mar 29 2005, 2:05 pm
Quote:
A baby cannot feed himself either, u know.......

the difference they would say is that a baby pg has a chance at leading a productive life... this argument is dangerous bc can we judge?

Sunshine

Post Tue, Mar 29 2005, 3:19 pm
RG and motek I haven't seen you around in a while.
1stimer she hasn't been 3 weeks w/o water, it is a little under 2 weeks. She is still alive because her body is living off herself, it is taking energy from her organs and body parts to sustain the vitle organs. She is ematiated. It is so sad. Even if they put in her feeding tube this second-which I think according to what is going on now 0 chance of it happening- there is little chance of her being able to servive due to all the damage of her body from starving. Terri is a real fighter!

1stimer

Post Tue, Mar 29 2005, 3:20 pm
they estimate 3 weeks fromt he removal of the tube until her demise. How can some1 survive for 3 weeks without water/

gryp

Post Tue, Mar 29 2005, 3:23 pm
hi Sunshine, after a few intense threads the last few weeks I was busy on other frum forums to see what others had to say on the subjects we were talking about. what I saw there was quite shocking and took me a few days to get over, and now im back... Smile

Tefila

Post Tue, Mar 29 2005, 3:25 pm
What was said w/out giving any names of sites ofcourse Confused

gryp

Post Tue, Mar 29 2005, 3:29 pm
oh believe me, you do not want to know!

Tefila

Post Tue, Mar 29 2005, 3:32 pm
So we are the sane sensitive ones is that whay you're saying Wink

ForeverYoung

Post Tue, Mar 29 2005, 9:59 pm
Quote:
the difference they would say is that a baby has a chance at leading a productive life...

Terri's parents are willing to pay for therapies that might help her recover at least partially.

Quote:
How can some1 survive for 3 weeks without water

this I do not know

I heard it was 3 days w/out water....... Confused
Page 5 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics